GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Light Help 2005 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/07, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light Help 2005 Mustang GT

I'm having problems with my front fog lamps on my 2005 Mustang GT. They're not coming on at all, they were working fine just earlier today but then when I checked after driving they weren't on, all other lights are working fine and i've done what the manual says with pulling out the switch etc but still nothing? I never have had them on much but they've definitely worked before so could it be something that i've touched or altered by mistake, any ideas? Is it possible it's just a fuse that has gone? One other thing when pulling the lever for the high beam to illuminate in the dash the headlights go off instead of getting brighter? Thanks for any help
Old 8/2/07, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Justin
I'm having problems with my front fog lamps on my 2005 Mustang GT. They're not coming on at all, they were working fine just earlier today but then when I checked after driving they weren't on, all other lights are working fine and i've done what the manual says with pulling out the switch etc but still nothing? I never have had them on much but they've definitely worked before so could it be something that i've touched or altered by mistake, any ideas? Is it possible it's just a fuse that has gone? One other thing when pulling the lever for the high beam to illuminate in the dash the headlights go off instead of getting brighter? Thanks for any help

I going to ask you what may seem like a really stupid question and I mean no disrespect. Are your headlites on high beam? That will kill the fogs. Whoops I needed to read your post better. I really don't know whats going on.
Scott
Old 8/2/07, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I've tried all different combinations and nothing?
Old 8/2/07, 05:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Justin
I've tried all different combinations and nothing?
So you know for sure it is not just a fuse??
Scott
Old 8/2/07, 06:57 PM

Was the car running when you tried the fogs? If I recall, I thought I had the same problem when I changed to an aftermarket grill. I tried the fogs and they didn't work. I believe that the engine has to be running for the fogs to work (or at least the key on).
Old 8/2/07, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by 99vert
Was the car running when you tried the fogs? If I recall, I thought I had the same problem when I changed to an aftermarket grill. I tried the fogs and they didn't work. I believe that the engine has to be running for the fogs to work (or at least the key on).
+1. If the car isn't on, or the key isn't in the "on" position, the fogs won't work........
Old 8/3/07, 02:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah i've tried with engine running, I've always had classics and I literally know nothing about the wiring on new cars so how do I check if it's the fuse? Where is everything located?I'm hoping it's not the SJB that's shorted out but surely if it was the SJB no lights would work? Any help much appreciated
Old 8/3/07, 08:03 AM

The owners manual lists the fuse locations. If memory serves the fog light fuse is located in the fuse box in the engine compartment. On a left hand drive car, the fuse box is on the passenger side. I don't know if your's is left or right hand drive.
Old 8/3/07, 08:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

does not matter, if it is right hand drive all they do is convert it since Ford did not really make two different cars just for international sale. and yes might be the fuse if not water might have gotten to the SJB and the dreded short curcuit happened
Old 8/3/07, 08:43 AM
Bullitt Member

It's LHD, i've checked it again today and here is what works and what doesn't, normal lights work fine with the 2 clicks clockwise, but if I pull the circular switch out nothing happens, then when pulling the indicator lever to put the brights on the symbol in the dash comes on but the main lights go off leaving just the side lights on, i've spoke to a few companies today and some say it could be something simple like fuses etc and some say it could be the Smart Junction Box, so i'm just waiting on my electrician to look over it and then go from there
Old 8/13/07, 05:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok quick update, changed the fuse for the fogs and they're back working, still no main headlights though even though the blue symbol comes on in the dash, so now i'll change the fuse for the headlights then the relay if the fuse doesn't work, doubt it will be the bulbs as 2 not working is a bit of a coincidence, any other ideas or thoughts? Thanks
Old 8/13/07, 05:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Cheers