GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JET Power-Flo Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/05, 09:02 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Maverick's original post:
Also forgot to add, for those with throttle lag, this mod def increases the throttle response, just a tiny tap of the gas pedal and it goes. Def a great mod!
So far, 4 out of 4 users all say it improves throttle response.
Old 7/27/05, 09:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by The Lyin' King@July 27, 2005, 8:54 AM
Just my two cents on the battery disconnect deal . . . when I disconnected my battery . . . . it did drive different . . . cruddy for almost 300 miles until it relearned everything.
If you do it exactly as the owners manual says, it will work after about seven miles!
Old 7/27/05, 01:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine came it today. I will install it tonight if i get off work early or tomorrow morning and I will post the results. I have auto stock. I too do not want to dyno for $50-$100. I mean I bought this thing for $100. I'm not gonna spend half of that just to see how much hp it gave me. I go by testimonials more..espially those that have automatics and know how bad that lag is.If it even responds a little better I will be happy. I'm not expecting huge gains for $100.
Old 7/27/05, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@July 27, 2005, 8:41 AM
If you do it exactly as the owners manual says, it will work after about seven miles!
I did . . . and it didn't .
Old 7/27/05, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by cambostang@July 27, 2005, 12:45 PM
Mine came it today. I will install it tonight if i get off work early or tomorrow morning and I will post the results. I have auto stock. I too do not want to dyno for $50-$100. I mean I bought this thing for $100. I'm not gonna spend half of that just to see how much hp it gave me. I go by testimonials more..espially those that have automatics and know how bad that lag is.If it even responds a little better I will be happy. I'm not expecting huge gains for $100.
Let us know how it goes!! I'm expecting mine tomorrow.
Old 7/27/05, 05:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2005RedGT@July 27, 2005, 8:01 AM
Wow, sorry. You are extremely defensive. I will refrain.

-Bryan.
I wasn't being defensive at all. I was just stating that I didn't bother to disconnect the battery. ( I was stating that I am the one that doesn't pay perticular attention to detail, not implying that you didn't ) It seemed pretty pointless to do. heck, practically everything you buy for these vehicles says to disconnect the battery. I am surprised that it doesn't say to disconnect the battery to change the oil.
Old 7/28/05, 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I put my TBS on last night. TOOK ME FOREVER! I didn't have the right tools. I had a problem getting to the right lower hex nut. If I had a screwdriver rachet I could of got it off with no problems but my tool supply is limited. I finally just used my pliers and turned it. then i stripped the threads pulling out the studs from the manifold but you put new ones on anyways. The right one was so tight..left one came off easy for some reason. well putting the TBS on was easy after that. Took it for a drive. definately felt peppier. Did some runs from 0-100. Seamed to climb faster. did some rolling starts from 40mph and 50mph pushed me in my seat more. This morning drove around some more cruisng wise and definately felt better throttle response overall on regular driving and turns. Overall very satisfied with it. Just make sure you have a screwdriver type rachet set for that right lower hex nut..will make the install so much easier. hope this helps! 5/5 positive results now!
Old 7/28/05, 08:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by cambostang@July 28, 2005, 8:15 AM
Well I put my TBS on last night. TOOK ME FOREVER! I didn't have the right tools. I had a problem getting to the right lower hex nut. If I had a screwdriver rachet I could of got it off with no problems but my tool supply is limited. I finally just used my pliers and turned it. then i stripped the threads pulling out the studs from the manifold but you put new ones on anyways. The right one was so tight..left one came off easy for some reason. well putting the TBS on was easy after that. Took it for a drive. definately felt peppier. Did some runs from 0-100. Seamed to climb faster. did some rolling starts from 40mph and 50mph pushed me in my seat more. This morning drove around some more cruisng wise and definately felt better throttle response overall on regular driving and turns. Overall very satisfied with it. Just make sure you have a screwdriver type rachet set for that right lower hex nut..will make the install so much easier. hope this helps! 5/5 positive results now!
Why did you not just use a 10mm deep socket and ratchet?
Old 7/28/05, 09:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

5 for 5, YAY!!! :banana2:
Old 7/28/05, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Anybody know if the spacer is anodized, powder coated or something else ? When I buy one, I'd like it to be a different color.
Old 7/28/05, 12:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You could probably use a high-temp paint if you don't want it to be blue

I'm liking the results I'm hearing. But I'm trying to "behave" so I have the money for the Glassback when it's released.
Old 7/28/05, 12:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Enfynet@July 28, 2005, 2:32 PM
You could probably use a high-temp paint if you don't want it to be blue

I'm liking the results I'm hearing. But I'm trying to "behave" so I have the money for the Glassback when it's released.
awww come on Enfynet, u know you want to. Its boiling in the back of your mind and you know in your heart you want it! U know you want to be 6 for 6 or be at least in the top ten.

So go get it! LOL!
Old 7/28/05, 12:50 PM
GT Member

Has anyone scratched it to see if the annodized blue is shallow? If so, some quick surface polishing should turn it silver.
Old 7/28/05, 12:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shhhhh I just beat up my alternate personality so he wouldn't see this topic
Old 7/28/05, 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Supposed to be getting mine delivered today. BTW, is this something that I can easily install between dyno runs, you think? It sounds pretty straightforward...
Old 7/28/05, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by ILikeBond@July 28, 2005, 12:05 PM
Supposed to be getting mine delivered today.
Ditto... hope to install it tonight.
Old 7/28/05, 01:05 PM
Cobra Member

Well, well boyz.....sounds as if you all have gone and found another mod I'm going to have to try. I read all 8 pages here (WHEW) and must admit - I'm a skeptic when it comes to things like this.....but 5/5 SOP positives is too hard to pass up - even discounting for the "psychological" impact of a new mod - it sounds like it improves the throttle feel - like a set of UD pullies would ( those are $250.00 and well worth it IMO). Another experience taught me that while not all mods necessarily add tons of RWHP - some can "wake up" the engine a bit and improve the powerband - thus making the car more fun to drive......and that was adding a larger 70MM BBK Throttle body to my '00 GT - a mod that most of the Mustangers told me I was wasting my $$'s on - but it did seem to wake up the engine and allow it to rev faster....I thought it was worth every dollar I spent on it....
Old 7/28/05, 01:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP@July 28, 2005, 2:08 PM
Well, well boyz.....sounds as if you all have gone and found another mod I'm going to have to try. I read all 8 pages here (WHEW) and must admit - I'm a skeptic when it comes to things like this.....but 5/5 SOP positives is too hard to pass up - even discounting for the "psychological" impact of a new mod - it sounds like it improves the throttle feel - like a set of UD pullies would ( those are $250.00 and well worth it IMO). Another experience taught me that while not all mods necessarily add tons of RWHP - some can "wake up" the engine a bit and improve the powerband - thus making the car more fun to drive......and that was adding a larger 70MM BBK Throttle body to my '00 GT - a mod that most of the Mustangers told me I was wasting my $$'s on - but it did seem to wake up the engine and allow it to rev faster....I thought it was worth every dollar I spent on it....
Well if you (or anyone else) wants to wait until after this weekend, I'm planning on dyno'ing the spacer on Saturday. Of course, I will post results.
Old 7/28/05, 01:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

:banana2: :dance: :spin:

"You've been hit by, you been struck, by a SMOOTH CRIMINAL!" *DANCING* *DOES THE MOON WALK* lol
Old 7/28/05, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by hawgman@July 21, 2005, 8:43 AM
Couple of small things I forgot to add in my original post.

1st off, yes it will fit with a C&L intake pipe. It is a tight fit, but it will fit.
2nd, I had to lengthen the breather hose that runs from the intake pipe to the passengers side cam cover.Just thought I would add these details.
I haven't heard anyone else mention the hose issue. Has this been a recurring thing, or did hawgman just get short-hosed?

Quick Reply: JET Power-Flo Throttle Body Spacer