GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Installing lower trailing arms from steeda/BMR

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/06, 10:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I am confused. I want better tractions and less wheel hop. my car will see some track time. My question is what to go with.

Steeda offers many different types: the billet (p/n 555-4405) and round type (p/n 555-4416) for both applications. Can these be swapped out in the garage by the weekend warrior(steeda says home mechanics can do this)? Do you need to do anything with the alignment? other than the bling, is their a difference in the two? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Not to confuse the issue, BMR offers about 4 types. one is for 119.00 non adjustable, another is 249.00 for adjustable street and one for 199.00 and if this is not confusing enough, they offer a relocation kit for the arms? Why is BMR cheaper? They have run close to steeda in price, sometimes cheaper(panhard bar) and sometimes more(Strut tower brace)

Ok, why does steeda not have relocation kits? do you need a relocation kit? does it help? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Does this affect your Pinion angle?

Sorry for the questions....
Old 3/4/06, 10:52 AM
Cobra Member

IMO, BMR is the way to go...They have the best track record for 05 suspension components. I am running the Poly bushing model (the $119 one) from BMR and it has worked great. The relocation bracket is a good piece, it allows the rear suspension to load up quicker (it gives you more of a mechanical advantage) and helps you launch better (no need to adjust pinon angle). Both are easy installs and can be done in the garage w/ hand tools. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 11:17 AM
Cobra R Member

which set up did u get? p/n would help.
Old 3/4/06, 11:27 AM
Cobra Member

LCA: BMR # TCA019 / $119.95
LCA Relocation Bracket: BMR # CAB005 / $129.95

Next I'm going to buy the adjustable Panhard bar and panhard bar relocation bracket w/ Mosser Diff cover...
Old 3/4/06, 01:50 PM
Cobra R Member

do you have to have the LCA relocation bracket? I am not running nitros or a S/C.

You will love the BMR Adj. panhard bar. Get a 45 deg fitting for the left side and swap it out. If I could have afforded that I would have but it will have to wait. got to do things in stages.
Old 3/4/06, 04:40 PM
Cobra Member

I have the LCA relocation brackets I just haven't installed them yet...I have heard nothing but great things about them. I'll make sure to pick up a 45 deg. fitting, thanks for the tip. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 07:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Last question,

Are your's adjustable? Do you have a pic of them? Will they need to be adjustable to use the relocation bracket or they can fit either way.

I may just get the 119.00 model and later on add the brackets like you did.

Thanks
Old 3/4/06, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

What is the 45 degree fitting for?
Old 3/4/06, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm looking at these from BMR:

RS002 - Radiator Support/Sway Bar Delete
TCA021 - Adjustable Lower "Street" Control Arms with poly bushing/rod-end combination
UTCA020 - Adjustable Upper Control Arm w/spherical bearing
PHR009K - Moser Cover, Panhard Relocation Bracket and Adjustable Panhard Rod
CAB005 - Control Arm Relocation Brackets

and Strange Engineering Rear Shocks
Old 3/8/06, 09:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I just got the BMR Panhard Bar, Panhard Bar Brace, LCA's, relocation brackets, and strut tower brace.

All parts are of outstanding quality. Install wasn't bad. I had some troubles getting the stock bolts off in a few places. But other than that I did it all in a 2 nights after work in my garage.

Car feels a lot tighter handeling now. Takes the freeway ramps really nice.

And it hooks up great when launching off the line hard.

I would highly recommend all of the BMR products.

Also, on a side note, with the panhard rod, you will need to either grease the drivers side bushing before you put it in or swap out the grease fitting to a 90 degree piece, otherwise you won't be able to get a grease gun to it once it's installed.
Old 4/11/06, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Like you said - do it in stages:

Try installing just the brackets first...adjusting the angle of your stock LCA's should help alot. word to the wise: just spend the extra cash and get the bolt on ones. The less expensive weld on's are nice, but it will be a pain to get the welds right while making sure your axle stays in alignment...

If you are/get more serious about drag racing, then buy LCA's. I would imagine that the non-adjustable ones would be sufficient enough for your needs.

If want to go a step further, get the upper control arm. The UCA should completely eliminate any wheel hop.

PS - I'm running the non-adj LCA's from BMR with the weld on brackets and I love em!
Old 4/17/06, 10:18 PM
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Machine @ April 11, 2006, 7:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Like you said - do it in stages:

Try installing just the brackets first...adjusting the angle of your stock LCA's should help alot. word to the wise: just spend the extra cash and get the bolt on ones. The less expensive weld on's are nice, but it will be a pain to get the welds right while making sure your axle stays in alignment...

If you are/get more serious about drag racing, then buy LCA's. I would imagine that the non-adjustable ones would be sufficient enough for your needs.

If want to go a step further, get the upper control arm. The UCA should completely eliminate any wheel hop.

PS - I'm running the non-adj LCA's from BMR with the weld on brackets and I love em!
[/b][/quote]
From the looks of the pictures on BMR's website, the LCA relocation brackets appear to reduce ground clearance significantly. For those owners that have purchased and installed, is this the case? TIA
Old 4/18/06, 06:41 AM
Cobra R Member

I will let you know, I am installing them this am.
Old 4/18/06, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

depends - for speed bumps and such - no, because it is follows the wheel in it's range of motion. If you go through an automatic carwash that has guiderails (God forbid) or run over something that is inside the width of your wheels, then yes -it's possible...
Old 4/18/06, 11:47 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ March 4, 2006, 10:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

45 0r 90 because you cannot grease it otherwise. Just do it and you will see why when you mount it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ March 4, 2006, 10:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

45 0r 90 because you cannot grease it otherwise. Just do it and you will see why when you mount it.
Old 4/19/06, 07:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have the weld in brackets but have not installed because I have no time to bring it to someone to weld them on. Maybe I will try to swap them out with BMR to the bolt in so I can do it in my driveway. I dont have a welder and I got my brackets before he had the bolt on's.
Old 4/19/06, 10:36 AM
GT Member

Thanks for tips fellas. I will be ordering BMR products. I will be getting the poly ends non adj LCAS, relocation brackets,UCA,panhard brace and bracket. sounds like everyone is pleased so far! Any negative aspects of this upgrade?
Old 4/19/06, 12:38 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firestang70 @ April 19, 2006, 12:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for tips fellas. I will be ordering BMR products. I will be getting the poly ends non adj LCAS, relocation brackets,UCA,panhard brace and bracket. sounds like everyone is pleased so far! Any negative aspects of this upgrade?
[/b][/quote]
Give me a call when you're ready to order or if you have any more questions.
Jason/BMR
813-986-9302
Old 4/21/06, 06:34 PM
Cobra R Member

A special thanks to Jason at BMR and all the others there also.

Got em installed and love them.

Driver side installed (I had not zip tied the brake cable yet)
[attachmentid=47539]

Now the money shot

[attachmentid=47540]

Oh firestang 70

I would suggest the Strut tower brace. It looks great and if you want to add the plenum cover later it will allow it.
Old 4/22/06, 01:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traffic142 @ April 22, 2006, 2:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

My Mustang Site Please go to my site and vote and let me know what you think...good or bad

[/b][/quote]

Don't mean to hijack...But can you explain your HP with the mods you have? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Bragging Rights
0-60

4.9 sec
est. HP

350 hp

Performance Mods
Intake

Custom
Exhaust

Flowmaster
Engine Comps.

Steeda