GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Important!! ALL X-calibrator Owners Please Read..

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/07, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No reloading necessary. Just note the strategy numbers for reference as to which code is in your ECU. Check the strategy numbers again to be sure they match before reloading your tunes.
Old 2/6/07, 10:34 AM
Banned

This has now happened on a 06 Manual, started off with Calibration code TJF1 and updates to Code TSG0....I'll update the main page with this info and the new strategies.
Old 2/7/07, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Doug904
This has now happened on a 06 Manual, started off with Calibration code TJF1 and updates to Code TSG0....I'll update the main page with this info and the new strategies.
I just had the same thing happen with a TJF1. 06 Manual GT went to the dealership for first free oil change.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/7/07, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll ask the question that several have sort of asked. Can we tell the dealer not to update the code? Wwill that cause a problem for them?
Old 2/7/07, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been to the dealer twice since buying my car. Both times I have asked them to not do anything with the OBDII port, especially not to change/update the tune(code). Both times they have just told me no problem and have left it alone. I have not gotten any flack about my mods either. Maybe I have just been lucky so far.
Old 2/9/07, 10:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I have asked Brenspeed how they would handle these requests if a new tune is needed. Once I get a reply I will let people know, I am sure a lot of people are using their tunes as well. I am hoping that they would be able to email them as well, we will see.

Thanks Doug for the heads up!
Old 2/12/07, 12:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Response from Brenspeed: I wrote an entire tech article on this Saturday for the website. It will be up on it today or Tuesday. It will be in the tech section. In short we have you covered but the article explains how to avoid the situation and if the dealer flashes your computer without you knowing we modify your tune to work at no charge.

Looking forward to their article.
Old 2/12/07, 01:06 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Outstanding!
Old 2/23/07, 05:34 AM
Bullitt Member

What exactly does the new flash Ford puts in do different? What are they changing? If I ask them not to flash me, what will I be missing?
Old 2/23/07, 11:31 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NJJOE
Response from Brenspeed: I wrote an entire tech article on this Saturday for the website. It will be up on it today or Tuesday. It will be in the tech section. In short we have you covered but the article explains how to avoid the situation and if the dealer flashes your computer without you knowing we modify your tune to work at no charge.

Looking forward to their article.

What happened to this article , or did I miss something again??

"Nevermind....reading IS fundemental"

Sheese.
Old 3/1/07, 07:33 PM
GT Member

If i were to order an Xcal 2 from doug sometime this week would i still have to do the update thing?
Old 3/2/07, 08:09 AM
Bullitt Member

The only time you have to update it, is if you take it to the dealer and they upload an update to your PCM. This changes the code numbers for the PCM and the XCAL will need the new codes entered into the tune.
Old 3/6/07, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by porkster
What exactly does the new flash Ford puts in do different? What are they changing? If I ask them not to flash me, what will I be missing?
That's a good question so I'll bring it up again.

Anyone know what the changes are they are trying to accomplish with the new FORD strategies?
Old 3/7/07, 03:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hi Doug I recieved your e-mail I'm as ready ( Today ) as an expectant father so I'll pm you and overnight is fine by me !
Old 3/9/07, 03:43 AM
GT Member

Sorry about this but i have one more dumb question. I plant on ordering an Xcal II sometime this month and i've taken my car in for warrenty work before so when i order if i give doug the VDX1 calibration code it shows on the sticker will it work just fine till i take it in again or do i need to find out the updated code and give to hiM?
Old 3/10/07, 05:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I believe just to be safe when you get the Xcal that you were to teach it or educate as to what your engine is right off the bat just incase the dealer did change it & not tell you so Yes the tag could be inaccurate . go to Bama chips and there is a big read about it all !
Old 3/15/07, 10:56 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well thanks for making me worry I have an 05 but have the first gen SCT Xcal. I can't read codes with that darn thing (no display). So Doug, what would you suggest? I am still running the base tune that came with it but if I am better off getting the XCal II then I guess that is what I should be doing. I won't be doing any major mods to my car this year (other than 4:10 gears - not sure if I need to reprogram for that either), but the last thing I want is FORD to reflash the ECM and have a problem putting the tune back on.
Old 3/22/07, 07:46 AM

Hey Doug, can you post the Strategy/Calibration codes for the V6's too?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 3/29/07, 07:58 AM
Bullitt Member

What if you don't reflash your car to stock and just leave the tune loaded? Will any work or updates change the tune or create any problems? I just dropped mine off with the dealer for some A/C work and told them not to do any uploads. They said they have to be able to check things through the the system and make changes if necessary. They know I have the tune and have no problems with it. I left it loaded.

Should I expect any problems if they have to make changes with tune still loaded?
Old 4/1/07, 03:09 AM

Off subject question.
I really hope someone can help.

01 GT 0 Saleen Series 4 blower.

When I installed the blower, Saleen reflashed my pcm.
I have a Diablosport tuner, and it doesnt work anymore because of saleens re-flash.

I dont even care about the tune settings, as I know they would probably screw things up.

But how can I get my tuner to work so I can mess with the minor options??? (traction control, speed limiter, ect)

2001 GT Coupe, White
Saleen Series 4
BBK Shorty Headers
High flow catted X
Steeda cat back
QA1 front end

Quick Reply: Important!! ALL X-calibrator Owners Please Read..