GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

I BEG U ALL TO FIX UR JLT! I ALMOST GOT KILLED

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/05, 05:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first i want to said to you"know it alls" are knuckle heads. if you dont have the jlt then "zip it". next time your driving down a highway just take out your keys and throw them out your window and well talk. youll see what its like to be in that situation i was in!!!!!. what if i stop looking at this forum and didnt know about this issue??? who was going to tell me?? if there was any issue known then i should have been notified by email or phone call. i just saw "maverickflfd371" k&n filter set up and its real nice. it had something like 5 clamps and that bad boy wasnt going anywhere.... im not here to bash jay but to just notify all jlt owners to fix there jlt kit. i got a email from jay and i appreciate that and will resolve the problem between each other...for now i have a heavy duty glue holding this filter in place until i go to home depot and buy a clamp tomorrow.
Old 6/8/05, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news! And If I offened you I am sorry, it certainly was not my intention. I hope all is settled to everyone's satisfaction including Jay's.
Old 6/8/05, 06:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Tucker@June 8, 2005, 4:24 PM
Thanks guys.

I welcome any and all returns for a replacment and/or fix. Send me your pipe and filter.

I'm currantly working on a filter support and when complete will be avaliable to all JLT customers.

As I said before, I take this situation serious and have offered elvism a refund. I also do read between the lines and see the same posters adding fuel to the fire and that's fine I desirve it. I think the most people see that as well.
Best post in this entire thread... the thread should have been locked after you posted that.
Old 6/9/05, 12:59 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 2MFF@June 8, 2005, 1:31 PM
Geeeez, a bunch a dramatic, over reactors here in this thread.

Jay,
I think your best bet is to refund to the few whiners (as you have offered) and require future purchasers to have an IQ higher than their shoe size. That, or include an install moneky in every box.
I have the JLT and used screws to secure it. It runs great and had good dyno numbers. The last time my filter came off it took the paint off where it contacted. I realize with modifying comes certain risks which I will take. Don't attack people for trying to educate others. If you want to respond to a post do it with some intelligence, otherwise shut the f up. BTW, check out the post from Dysan on JLT another issue.
Old 6/9/05, 03:03 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think this thread has served it's purpose, people's horror stories have been aired, Jay has agreed to fix the problem and sort out the issues with existing customers. As this thread decends into name calling, and questioning other's intelligence, I think it is time to close it