GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

How are you supposed to grease BMR LCAs?

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/06, 09:19 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My LCAs didn't have an instruction sheet from BMR, wasnt in the box when I got it. The Ford bolt spec on the LCAs is 129 lb-ft on both ends, so I used that.

Yesterday I got some Marine grease and a grease gun. I pumped them up with grease on the zerk fittings and I put some inside the sleeve, but the bolt pushed most of it out. How much are you supposed to put in the zerk fittings? On some the grease came out the sides, but on others the poly bushings just started to balloon out. How do you know how much to put in? I put some grease on it because one of them started to squeak real bad.

Oh yeah the e-brake cable rubbed all the paint off the top of the LCA when it was touching and is starting to rust, great. I need to put some kind of adhesive backed rubber or something on there. I have had them installed for less than a month. I thought the arms were powder coated, guess not.

If anybody can email me the install sheet that would be great.
Old 2/6/06, 09:44 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ February 6, 2006, 11:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My LCAs didn't have an instruction sheet from BMR, wasnt in the box when I got it. The Ford bolt spec on the LCAs is 129 lb-ft on both ends, so I used that.

Yesterday I got some Marine grease and a grease gun. I pumped them up with grease on the zerk fittings and I put some inside the sleeve, but the bolt pushed most of it out. How much are you supposed to put in the zerk fittings? On some the grease came out the sides, but on others the poly bushings just started to balloon out. How do you know how much to put in? I put some grease on it because one of them started to squeak real bad.

Oh yeah the e-brake cable rubbed all the paint off the top of the LCA when it was touching and is starting to rust, great. I need to put some kind of adhesive backed rubber or something on there. I have had them installed for less than a month. I thought the arms were powder coated, guess not.

If anybody can email me the install sheet that would be great.
[/b][/quote]
You should just grease them until the bushing starts bulging and you want to grease the outside of the bushing also. Here is a copy of the instructions. Sorry you didn't get any. Oh yeah, all of our parts are powdercoated. We have never sold parts that are painted. It must have just worn through the powdercoat.
Old 2/6/06, 10:02 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm a little concerned though where you say to tighten the bolts to 75 ft/lb where the Ford service manual says 129. Should I loosen it to 75? Why is it lower?

You might want to post that as a pdf so nobody messes with it and passes it around. Here I did it for you.
Old 2/6/06, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ February 6, 2006, 12:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for your quick reply. I'm a little concerned though where you say to tighten the bolts to 75 ft/lb where the Ford service manual says 129. Should I loosen it to 75? Why is it lower?

You might want to post that as a pdf so nobody messes with it and passes it around. Here I did it for you.
[/b][/quote]
I torqued my Steeda LCAs to the "factory" settings myself.
I've been using poly bushings for the last 17 years.
The only once a year lube solution for me is using the Energy Suspension Formula 5 Prelube.
I bought an 8oz tub 2-3 years ago and I still have plenty.
I disassemble mine and hand lube everything and reassemble.

No hand lube jokes please.
Old 2/6/06, 10:15 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thump_rrr @ February 6, 2006, 6:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No hand lube jokes please.
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img]