GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

hid problem not saleens

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/07, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hid problem not saleens

I have aftermarket hids on my 06 gt. I can only get them to work on the high beam circuit. I want them to work on the low beam circuit so I can run my foglights. These are not saleens. When I wire them to the high beam wire they work fine. When wired to the low beam wire they will come on then one will go off then come back on then go off switching sides. I wired a relay up to them and the same thing happens. How do I add a resistor to the low beam side so the pcm thinks the lights are on? They have been working on the high beam circuit for 4 months no problems. I want them one the low beam circuit.
Old 2/26/07, 04:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m not an expert, but here is what I think. When hooked up to the low beams directly, the new lights are creating too much of a load on the circuit. The circuit breaker kicks in and shuts off the lights to keep from burning up the wiring. The alternating light thing is probably built in for safety so that you never go completely dark. The relay should work if installed correctly. The low beam power is only used as the ‘trigger’ for the relay and should not be any extra load on the circuit. The power for the new lights should come directly from the battery or under hood fuse box, through the relay, and must be fused appropriately.

If anyone knows more, please feel free to correct me. Hope this helps.