GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Help with SCT Tuner from AM/BAMA

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/11, 01:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with SCT Tuner from AM/BAMA

OK so I have changed the exhaust out completely (i.e. JBA shorty headers, Pypes off road H pipe and Flowmaster axlebacks).

The check engine light is now on......I suspect that is due to the off road H pipe? I have been running the car with this exhaust for about 2,000 miles now with no check engine light. Is it unusual for it to come on later like this?

How do I use the SCT tuner to clear it and do I need to call AM/BAMA so they can give me a new tune?
Old 7/23/11, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Your gonna have to call bama and order a new tune. The off road h pipe set off the o2 sensors which will need to be turned off.
Old 7/23/11, 03:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

When I ordered my tuner, I told AM/BAMA of my exhaust set-up already. Would they have considered the off road H already?

Is there something I can do with the tuner myself or do I need to call them?
Old 7/23/11, 04:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Well if they know its off road then they should have turned them off already. It may be something else. Id consider taking a better look at it and if I'm not mistaken, you should be able to read the error code through your tuner
Old 7/23/11, 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by zcgstang
Well if they know its off road then they should have turned them off already. It may be something else. Id consider taking a better look at it and if I'm not mistaken, you should be able to read the error code through your tuner
Yeah thats what I thought too! Do you know how to get the SCT tuner to read the error code? Do I just hook it up and go through the menu? Is there an option to select on the menu?
Old 7/23/11, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Not entirely sure but I'm sure you can Google or play with the tuner untill you find it in the menu
Old 7/23/11, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK just went out and hooked up my SCT tuner to it and the code that comes back is: P0133

I think another important piece of information is that the JBA shorty headers were installed after AM/BAMA sent me my tuner. They gave me a tune taking in account the Pypes off road H pipe and Flowmaster axlebacks.

It just dawned upon me that the headers were put on afterwards.

Can anyone help me out here?
Old 7/24/11, 11:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats a slow response from your O2 sensor. Bama should be able to send you a new tune with more time given for the sensor to heat up. Can be caused by driving the car after a few cold nights. But again the rear sensors should be turned off. I have a bama tune also and have had issues with them not turning them off. Im living with it until I get mine dyno turned for the LT and cmdps that will go on shortly.

PS - put your **** stripes on so you gain 25 HP.
Old 7/25/11, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ETNOATS
thats a slow response from your O2 sensor. Bama should be able to send you a new tune with more time given for the sensor to heat up. Can be caused by driving the car after a few cold nights. But again the rear sensors should be turned off. I have a bama tune also and have had issues with them not turning them off. Im living with it until I get mine dyno turned for the LT and cmdps that will go on shortly.

PS - put your **** stripes on so you gain 25 HP.
Thanks I will give BAMA a call today and see what they say. Yeah I still gotta get those darn stripes put on......gotta look over the DIY instructions carefully before I do that.