GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Help replacing fog light?

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/07, 02:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help replacing fog light?

I have recently had my left fog light go out. I went to Autozone and got the replacement bulb but when I looked under the hood it was not at all easy to get to. I took the plastic cover at the front of the bay off, but that din't get me much further.

Can anyone give me some help on what I need to do/take off to get easy access to the back of the foglight housing so I can replace the bulb? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 9/20/07, 03:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

look on the sides of the back of the grille, it is held on my clips on the bumper itself, just push the little tabs back and pull out the grille, you do not need to completly remove it just the sides and it wil give you enough room to reach the bulb
Old 9/21/07, 12:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Awesome. Thanks man. That sounds a lot simpler than what I was thinking. I will give it a try tomorrow when I get off work.
Old 9/21/07, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just wanted to say that it might be a good idea to go ahead and replace BOTH bulbs at once. That way you won't have one looking different than the other, and also they will both be brand new so the other one won't pop next, leaving you doing this all over again.

With lights, any lights on the car, I've always held it as a rule of thumb to replace in pairs. If a brake-light goes out, I replace both. Turn signal, replace both.
Old 9/21/07, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I had to replace one of mine too.

After you remove the plastic cover over the rad, remove 2 bolts, and the whole grille pulls out slightly.

Also, you can reach up and in from the air vents in the bumper so that might help you out a little.

One last thing: Be careful with the wire centre part inside the fog lights. I accidently knocked mine loose when I was re-installing the new bulb. If that happens , you need to make a hook out of some wire, and try to fish it back into its place.