GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Help.. car stalling after JLT II install

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/07, 10:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Go to http://MyFord.FordVehicles.com and sign up for MyFord like you're going to pay your bill online. When you sign in, there is service bulletins for your vehicle and all kinds of other news and goodies!

Otherwise, here is a link to subscribe to every service bulletin they put out since 1994. http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...&menuIndex1=40

And they say I only spam!

CR
Tillman Speed
That sucks... the "My Ford" account doesn't list TSBs, and the other link wants to SELL them to me for $9.95 for 72 hours?

(coughing noise) RIPOFF!

CR, IMHO you *never* spam!!!
Old 3/12/07, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah actually I am in middletown.. do you know the area?? My gt is actually the 1st one sold here in Orange county back in 04. My girl has an 05 v6 vert. Both black.
Old 3/12/07, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mrkabc
That sucks... the "My Ford" account doesn't list TSBs, and the other link wants to SELL them to me for $9.95 for 72 hours?

(coughing noise) RIPOFF!

CR, IMHO you *never* spam!!!
There was TSB's in the MyFord. After you login to your account, it was somewhere in the menu on the left...

For $9.95 they better let you access the TSB's atleast for a year!!

Thanks, btw!

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 3/12/07, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by superman112
yeah actually I am in middletown.. do you know the area?? My gt is actually the 1st one sold here in Orange county back in 04. My girl has an 05 v6 vert. Both black.
Yeah, we're always up and around NY/NJ. We have a trade show up there, plus I have family just outside Jersey City. Black cars look
Old 3/12/07, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

How far is Middletown from your shop??? There are no decent tuners in this area. Where's the show? Small world I guess.
Old 3/12/07, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor

Middletown is roughly just under 2 hours. The show is in Secaucus/Meadowlands area.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 3/12/07, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

that's not bad.. I might have to make a trip out there to get a dyno tune. Once my car doesnt fall flat on its face when I slow down!! ha ha I'm taking it to the dealership tonight to drop it off.
Old 3/12/07, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor

Awesome! Let us know how it worked out for you!

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 3/12/07, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

well.. I drove the car tonight about 25 miles to Ford. Had installed the stock tune and air box and nothing happened!!!!@@#$# It makes no sense! The car felt a little sluggish but didnt stall once. So I'm not sure what it could be. WHo know s if Ford will even find anuything wrong. IF they tell me they cant reproduce the problem, I dont know if I should tell them I had a CAI.
Old 3/12/07, 09:45 PM
Former Vendor

Nooooooooo! Let them do what they do until the problem is reproduced. No CAI talk! LOL

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 3/13/07, 05:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

ha ha!! Ok oK I wont say a thing!!
Old 3/13/07, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well.. got a call from FORD and guess what.. they didnt find anything so apparently I imagined my car stalling. All they said was that I need my regular 30,000 mile check up. They want $425.00 for it.. They say my injectors need to be clean. Could that have cause the problem??? Man this is exactly what I was afraid of. That since it didnt happen right then and there they wont bother to check anything else. Anyone have any ideas or know of a dealership that may be able to help me in the upstate NY area?
Old 3/13/07, 12:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the car isn't stalling with the stock airbox on, but only the JLT, I would say maybe Ford is right and the problem lies in the JLT. Or the tune, either one.
Old 3/13/07, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

hmmm, kinda of scary hearing this. has anybody else with the JLT II have the same problem?
Old 3/13/07, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
If the car isn't stalling with the stock airbox on, but only the JLT, I would say maybe Ford is right and the problem lies in the JLT. Or the tune, either one.
The thing is I have both the series 1 and 2. I had the series 1 for over a year with no issues. As soon as I installed the series 2 is when I had all these probelms. I even installed my old JLT 1 and the car still stalled! What should I do?? Go and buy another completely different CAI?
Old 3/13/07, 01:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you install a tune specifically for the JLT 1? Since they are different designs they need different tunes. I'm at a loss otherwise.
Old 3/13/07, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

I would reinstall and check for air leaks throughout the system. Make sure your tune is calibrated for a II series intake, and you should be fine?

We've sold and installed/tuned plenty of these kits with no problems?

The problem was still there with the stock air box when you first put it back on correct?

Did you unhook the batter cable during your install?

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 3/13/07, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

yes I do have specific tunes for each one. Doug sent me different ones... I have checked for air leaks and I cant find anything... someone suggested I spray Carb cleaner to see if it would help me find a leak and still nothing... Talked to the service guy and he pretty much gave me the run around about how anyone can look up a TSB and "claim" they need something changed so unless it happens with them in the car. They wont touch it... He even said changing the exhaust can void the warrenty.. so I think I'm gonna need to look for another dealer. Hey CR, quick question.. if I have a very small tear on the air filter itself.. could that cause the problem???? That's the only thing I can think of. I am wondering if I should disconnect the battery and reset the PCM. And THEN install a new tune and see what happens.
Old 3/13/07, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by superman112
yes I do have specific tunes for each one. Doug sent me different ones... I have checked for air leaks and I cant find anything... someone suggested I spray Carb cleaner to see if it would help me find a leak and still nothing... Talked to the service guy and he pretty much gave me the run around about how anyone can look up a TSB and "claim" they need something changed so unless it happens with them in the car. They wont touch it... He even said changing the exhaust can void the warrenty.. so I think I'm gonna need to look for another dealer. Hey CR, quick question.. if I have a very small tear on the air filter itself.. could that cause the problem???? That's the only thing I can think of. I am wondering if I should disconnect the battery and reset the PCM. And THEN install a new tune and see what happens.
As long as the "small tear" is just a small bit of the material, and doesnt go through, that wouldn't HELP the problem, but wouldn't be causing it. I would definetly reset the battery and see how that allows the car to run. It's reccomended to do this during installation and unstalling CAI/Stock Air Box.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 3/13/07, 02:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

how long should I leave it disconnected?? Someone suggestied a faulty O2 sensor.. could that have been the probelm? I am trying to remember the DTC cose I had that led Doug to suggest upgrading the JLT intake. I know it had something to do with one of the banks running too rich. Could that be my problem?

Quick Reply: Help.. car stalling after JLT II install