GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Got my line locks on

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/06, 11:11 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went the way of Mike and Dustin I think, I used Biondi sols. It took me and my bud more than 1/2 hour per wheel though. Took us some time till we got double flares we were happy with, placed the passenger side in the way of the wheel turning and had to redo it. ook it out for a quick test at midnight, and it was GREAT FUN!!! we were at a lonely stop sign and lit them up after we passed through the intersection and turned to go home we 2 of Vegas best cop cars slowly roll through our smoke. we just laughed at the thought of 2 40 year old guys gettin pulled over for loudness etc..

Any way anyone had any problems with thiers yet? I got to thinking how safe are theses on a daily driver? I mean thats adding alot more fittings into the system, maybe I am just being a puss and need to not worry so much.

anyway thanks guys for all the writeups you all did on your systems we used them at different points.
Old 4/21/06, 11:39 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad Mike and I helped you out

Mike has air in his lines still because when he brakes the wheel turns to one side. Other than that for a daily driver don't worry about it. I'm going to buy some clearcoat tomorrow and clear the whole thing because the exposed steel lines need to be protected from rust. Other than that ur all set.
Old 4/21/06, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I could road test mine. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Oh well, at least they seem to work up on the jackstands.
Old 4/21/06, 03:31 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ April 21, 2006, 11:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Glad Mike and I helped you out

Mike has air in his lines still because when he brakes the wheel turns to one side. Other than that for a daily driver don't worry about it. I'm going to buy some clearcoat tomorrow and clear the whole thing because the exposed steel lines need to be protected from rust. Other than that ur all set.
[/b][/quote]
Cool Dustin thanks. mine seem to be just fine today, found no leaks on the floor and I am braking just fine and no pulling.

Got drags tonite here at the strip and am wondering if any of the other manual guys use them at launch? I cant see a use at launch since our track is really flat and I have never rolled.
Old 4/22/06, 01:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(speco2005 @ April 21, 2006, 2:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Got drags tonite here at the strip and am wondering if any of the other manual guys use them at launch? I cant see a use at launch since our track is really flat and I have never rolled.
[/b][/quote]
line lock will allow you to let the clutch out a bit after you've staged and are waiting for the go light.