GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Got a custom tune in your Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/05, 11:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=NickDiabloSport,July 20, 2005, 5:49 PM]
We are always looking at ways to improve.

I will have to ask engineering. What exectly do you feel you need to adjust torque management for? I am not a tuner so keep that in mind, but my understanding is the torque management needs to be employed to some extent to protect the transmission, so reducing it to much, or eliminating it, would have damaging effects.

We control torque management, we test extensively on the dyno and on the street to get the balance right, not to rob power, but keep the vehicle in safe. I need to double check this as it may be a GM issue and not Ford, I am sure on GM we reduce not eliminate it for this reason.

I will let you know.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
DiabloSport Sales Manager
nick@diablosport.com

We know what torque management does and some of us drag race our cars. TQ Management slows us down and we need all the help we can muster to turn it off. DS should step and help us. We all have to agree to no-fault to DS before we can change the tunes.
Thanks
Old 7/26/05, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by NickDiabloSport@July 19, 2005, 3:17 PM
Thanks to the member who brought this to our attention.

In some CALID for the 2005 Mustang GT we had an issue at one point with the speedometer re-calibration not being applied, but have since corrected the issue.

If you go to the DiabloSport website download page for 2005 Mustang GT:

http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads.php#F...%20Mustang%20GT

Download revision R22 and update your programmer, its all good!

The simple explanation is we missed something in one of the CALID, human factor, but have since caught it and made the needed adjustment. The bright side is the DiabloSport flash programmer is updatable on the internet!

Try to make a habit of looking for updates from time to time. We add features and update calibrations if we feel we can create a more user friendly programmer just stay tuned to www.diablosport.com, we’re always working to be the best.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
DiabloSport Sales Manager
nick@diablosport.com
Nick,I have not updated my Steeda Predator for awhile now.I see there are two listed now.Wich one should I do.Also, I have spent some time and money on the dyno getting my car to run and perform with my mods.Now when I download the update will I be back to square One again ?
Old 7/26/05, 07:43 PM

I am getting so sick of this computer bullpoop.I am going to build my 90 with a carberator and leave my 05 the way it is.if you realy want to run fast. Rip out your 05,s engine, computer and install a stronger engine with an older computer with a throttle cable.I think our 05,s were built so the computer geeks could proffit from us.The cars computer is going to fight us every stepp of the way.So keep spending money to overide this and that.Why didnt they just leave it the way the 04 was?As far as coputer control.Its like having a Babysitter In the passenger seat.Just my 2 Cents.
Old 7/26/05, 10:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Mike that sounds like a good plan but I do not have another Mustang.
Old 8/2/05, 01:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

http://kptechnologies.net/

->Products->Traction Control. Read the info, it will work on all makes and models.

Nick, how does your programmer compare to the new GReddy ultimate eManage?

I was considering trying out the ultimate emanage (target a/f, individual cylinder fuel injector control), etc.).
Old 8/2/05, 01:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mikem@July 26, 2005, 8:46 PM
I am getting so sick of this computer bullpoop.I am going to build my 90 with a carberator and leave my 05 the way it is.if you realy want to run fast. Rip out your 05,s engine, computer and install a stronger engine with an older computer with a throttle cable.I think our 05,s were built so the computer geeks could proffit from us.The cars computer is going to fight us every stepp of the way.So keep spending money to overide this and that.Why didnt they just leave it the way the 04 was?As far as coputer control.Its like having a Babysitter In the passenger seat.Just my 2 Cents.
Or push these engine management companies to dump some more money into TBW development. These car companies aren't going back to TBC, too many safety advantages with TBW, so the aftermarket engine management industry is just going to have to do some more research on TBW and learn how to make their engine management systems work fine with it.