GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

GOT BLOWN TODAY... thanks to JDM Engineering!

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/07, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on getting blown! There's nothing like it.
Old 2/13/07, 07:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MARZ
HiRoller, did JDM mention anything about the engine's longevity at 441 rwhp? I'm thinking about going the same S/C route as you, but my car's daily-driven, and I'm concerned about blowing the thing up (the bad "blown")!

By the way, sweet car!
JDM has sold/installed over 500 kits to date and they have not had an engine or tranny failure yet. Their tune is very efficient and coservative compared to others. I'm only at 16 degrees of timing and my A/F ratio is hovering at 12. I did the Twin Saleen fuel pump upgrade so fuel won't be an issue. If you do it right, it's as safe a setup as you can get.

Don't get me wrong, there are no guarantees in life. This is as close as I could get.
Old 2/13/07, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by blackhat
CONGRATS LEE! Welcome to the club
Thanks man! How is yours running? get all the bugs worked out? Any chance you are free on March 24th?? There are about 50 stangs cruisin down to MIR for a drag day. I think Ron is coming too.
Old 2/14/07, 08:20 AM
Cobra R Member

well here comes the big question no one has asked, how much? and yes it looks awesome.
Old 2/14/07, 08:47 AM
Former Vendor

+1 How much?

Lee, that's awesome! NOW you'll have to stop by and show me the ride! Of course, after the clusterfxck of snow.

CR
Old 2/14/07, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
well here comes the big question no one has asked, how much? and yes it looks awesome.
The stage 2 Saleen kit from JDM was $6195.. I think their prices just went up a little.....it includes:

• Saleen Supercharger Kit
• XCalibrator 2 Tuner
• Cold Air Kit JDM Cold Air Kit
• 90mm Mass air 90MM Lightning Mass Air Kit
• Harness 90MM Mass Air Harness
• 39 LB. injectors 39# Injectors
• 3.60 Pulley 3.40 Pulley 8psi/10psi
• Belt Gates Belt
• FRPP Spark Plugs
• C&L Racer intake with JDM Boots
• Prothane Billet Motor Motor Mounts

I got an incredible deal on ModularFords.com. The install was almost half price AND included a custom Dyno tune. I believe their normal price for install is around $1100.00.

It's not the cheapest kit around, but I know if something happens I can walk right in to JDM and they'll fix it for free. Their s/c installs are guaranteed for as long as you own the car.
Old 2/14/07, 01:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by HiRoller
Thanks man! How is yours running? get all the bugs worked out? Any chance you are free on March 24th?? There are about 50 stangs cruisin down to MIR for a drag day. I think Ron is coming too.
The bugs are getting exterminated April 11th when I take my car to JDM (earliest date they had avail). They are installing the GT 500 duel fuel pump kit and doing a dyno tune.

Is the trip on 3/24 just a drag day or will there be other activities? Until the retune, my car is not strip ready.

Unless there is anyone on here that has an appt with JDM before 3/24 and is willing to swap days with me for April 11th?
Old 2/14/07, 01:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The bugs are getting exterminated April 11th when I take my car to JDM (earliest date they had avail). They are installing the GT 500 duel fuel pump kit and doing a dyno tune.

Is the trip on 3/24 just a drag day or will there be other activities? Until the retune, my car is not strip ready.

Unless there is anyone on here that has an appt with JDM before 3/24 and is willing to swap days with me for April 11th?
Hey Mike, I can answer this for Lee. Its called "Get Out Of The Cold 2007". Its put on by a member of the BadMustangsClub.com. Its a day for us all to get our car out and gather together for some fun. If anyone wants to run their car, you just pay the extra to do so. Head over to the website above, and click on Events section, and then look for the sticky topic, Get Out Of The Cold. Its going to be a heck of a day. Sound off competition, and just a day to hang out with fellow Mustang people after being cooped up inside for the past several months. There are I think, 57 Mustangs heading down in a caravan to MIR. Check out the site, its going to be a fun day!
Old 2/14/07, 01:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Mike, I can answer this for Lee. Its called "Get Out Of The Cold 2007". Its put on by a member of the BadMustangsClub.com. Its a day for us all to get our car out and gather together for some fun. If anyone wants to run their car, you just pay the extra to do so. Head over to the website above, and click on Events section, and then look for the sticky topic, Get Out Of The Cold. Its going to be a heck of a day. Sound off competition, and just a day to hang out with fellow Mustang people after being cooped up inside for the past several months. There are I think, 57 Mustangs heading down in a caravan to MIR. Check out the site, its going to be a fun day!
Nearly 60 Stangs in a caravan??????
Old 2/14/07, 01:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Jeff how's it going? Haven't seen ya since we parked next to each other at Carlisle I've been bad, haven't been on BMC since the fall .

Count me in guys! I'll head over there and register my name for the list. Oh man 60 Mustangs in a caravan!, and I get to use my new DSLR camera for the first time too!
Old 2/14/07, 03:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MrMojo1953
Nearly 60 Stangs in a caravan??????
Its a shame your in California. Its going to be a fun time.
Old 2/14/07, 03:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Jeff how's it going? Haven't seen ya since we parked next to each other at Carlisle I've been bad, haven't been on BMC since the fall .

Count me in guys! I'll head over there and register my name for the list. Oh man 60 Mustangs in a caravan!, and I get to use my new DSLR camera for the first time too!
Now I remember you. Hows it been dude! Are you heading up to Carlisle this year? BMC has a tent already reserved, and so far 29 cars registered. Sign on up.