GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP X-Pipe & GTAs being installed as I type

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/07, 10:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't really go wrong with the GTA's. The look is great and the sound is just right.
Attached Thumbnails FRPP X-Pipe & GTAs being installed as I type-162.jpg  
Old 6/9/07, 10:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
At first, I was like 'well they sound kinda good' (after putting basannis on my older stangs they seemed very tame-almost disappointing). Now when I start it up people **** their heads around. RUUUUUUUGGGGgurglegurglegurgle I've gotten in the habit of starting my car with the door still cracked open.
Old 6/9/07, 10:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've gotten in the habit of starting my car with the door still cracked open.
I do the same thing! LOL! And I love ANY reason to jump on them to hear how nice they really can sound...
Old 6/10/07, 05:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Can't really go wrong with the GTA's. The look is great and the sound is just right.
Yowsa! Hey GP. I know we just met and all, so please don't take this the wrong way....NICE Rear end!

My GTAs will be here Tuesday.

What ducktail you sportin'????
Old 6/10/07, 09:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CDC and thanks.
Old 6/10/07, 12:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I just got the x-pipe from Ford, now I guess it is time to get me some GTA's
Old 6/24/07, 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

I just got my X-Pipe installed this weekend!

Like was mentioned earlier in the thread, the shop recommended welding them on instead of using the front clamps, so I told them go for it!

Having had the GTA's before and after the X-Pipe, it seems to have quieted them down a little at start up (probably because of the better flow-through?), but still sound really good when I jump on it a little... And I think it may be my imagination, but I seem to shift a lot cleaner from 1st to 2nd (I have an Auto), getting more bite getting into 2nd gear... And it was responsive before due to my tune, but seems a lot more eager to go when I press the go pedal... I think I may be trying to read too much into it, but whatever the case, I like it!
Old 6/24/07, 03:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Mine are going on Tuesday @ 10 AM.
Old 6/28/07, 09:59 AM
GT Member

Well, I've had mine on for a few weeks now and I absolutely love the sound. My only problem is now I have a rattle/squeak on my left side that you can really only hear when the windows are up. It seems to come and go, or maybe it's depends on the road I'm driving. Anyway, taking her back to Ford this Saturday to take a tech for a ride. It's gotta be something like a clamp loose or whatever.

It tends to happen more at low RPMs and again on rougher roads, and doesn't just do it on queue. Has anyone else run into this?
Old 6/28/07, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

I haven't had any rattle/squeaks since the install... The only noises I have are from when I lowered my car and take on a very bumpy road... You'd definitely want to check all the clamps and bolts and such, one may be loose...
Old 6/28/07, 11:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SpiderMan79x
Well, I've had mine on for a few weeks now and I absolutely love the sound. My only problem is now I have a rattle/squeak on my left side that you can really only hear when the windows are up. It seems to come and go, or maybe it's depends on the road I'm driving. Anyway, taking her back to Ford this Saturday to take a tech for a ride. It's gotta be something like a clamp loose or whatever.

It tends to happen more at low RPMs and again on rougher roads, and doesn't just do it on queue. Has anyone else run into this?
Yeah, I had a couple of muffer hanger bolts come loose when mine was installed, and I had a couple of sqeaks and rattles depending on RPM. Check the hanger bolts and make sure they're still tight. Also make sure the hangers don't rub against the bumper. Mine muffler were moved back a bit as part of the install and rubbed there.
Old 6/29/07, 12:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Jus got home from a test drive, first since all was installed and man this thing rumbles, roars, and no droan! I am in love again all over again!
Old 7/3/07, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Well I didn't get by Ford when I thought I would, but since we got off work a half day today I took her in. Just got home and the noise was gone. They said it was a bolt that was loose and a little irregular, so they switched it out. No noise, I'm happy.

I've got about 900-something miles on the x-pipe and gtas now, and I will definately say they have broken in nicely. You read people saying they get a little deeper and louder after 500 or so miles, it's true. They sound awsome IMO.