GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP X-Pipe & GTAs being installed as I type

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/07, 07:36 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRPP X-Pipe & GTAs being installed as I type

Ok, I know there are already like 234,152 posts on the GTAs and/or x-pipes being installed. I'm just pumped that both of mine came in yesterday, 1 1/2 days after placing the order with Ninosports. Anyway, the GTAs came in via FedEx about 10am, and the x-pipe got there about 6pm via UPS. Not sure why they were shipped like that, but as long as they got here.

So the dealer is installing both as a I type for $140, and I should be able to pick her up by noon when I go to lunch. Just in time for the weekend! Whoo hooo!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share, and will let ya'll know how it turns out.
Old 6/8/07, 07:49 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! Sounds like you got excellent customer service from Nino. I've never ordered from those guys so I'll definately keep your experience in mind. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 6/8/07, 08:45 AM
GT Member

You have a good dealer, mine wanted 300 to install just the X-pipe! Of course I went somewhere else, and had them welded on as well to avoid leaks down the road.

Hope you'll like the combo as much as I do.
Old 6/8/07, 09:07 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sycd
You have a good dealer, mine wanted 300 to install just the X-pipe! Of course I went somewhere else, and had them welded on as well to avoid leaks down the road.

Hope you'll like the combo as much as I do.

Only hiccup I've had with this was about 30 minutes after I dropped off the car, the tech called and told me that since they had to cut the factory exhaust for the x-pipe it would cost $290. Originally I had talked to the Service manager to set all of this up and make sure they could do it, he checked and said we will charge you $140 + tax, and I could take that to the bank. So after relaying that info, the tech talking to the manager, he called back and said they were going to take care of me for what I was told. Hopefully I won't get any surprises when I pick her up in a few hours, but it's friday so I'll deal with that if and when it comes. lol

You mention you had yours welded on. I understand about the leaks down the road, but are there any other advantages to going that route? What was the cost to have them welded on? I wonder how many people have had them welded instead of the clamps.
Old 6/8/07, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by QuikStang
Congrats! Sounds like you got excellent customer service from Nino. I've never ordered from those guys so I'll definately keep your experience in mind. Let us know how it turns out.

They were a pleasure to deal with, friendly and helpful when I had a question about the x-pipe not showing up with the GTAs, and they had everything in stock with good prices to boot. I actually got free shipping on both parts as they are doing free shipping on all exhaust parts.

I will deal with Tillman on any future purchases, but we just had a hard time hooking up this time around and I wanted this done by the weekend. Hey that happens sometimes, but CR at TillmanSpeed was very helpful and they have great prices on the GTAs. So either way you can't go wrong.

God I can't wait to pick up the car!
Old 6/8/07, 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered my GTA's through Ninosport last month and they came in very fast! I was very impressed! I have my X-Pipe sitting in my spare room, looking for a day to install it... But the GTA's even without the X-Pipe sound great! A little deeper tone than stock and look a TON better! You'll love the setup!
Old 6/8/07, 11:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I ordered my GTA's through Ninosport last month and they came in very fast! I was very impressed! I have my X-Pipe sitting in my spare room, looking for a day to install it... But the GTA's even without the X-Pipe sound great! A little deeper tone than stock and look a TON better! You'll love the setup!
+1 on Ninosport. Let us know how you like that set up. Im personally thinking of an O/R H-Pipe.
Old 6/8/07, 12:27 PM
GT Member

Well picked her up just now in a huge downpour that rolled up as I was paying for the labor. They look great and I loved the sound on my 10 minute drive with the windows rolled up and Noah's ark floating by me at a stoplight! Hopefully it will clear up before I leave in a few hours so I can put the windows down, get on it a little and listen.

As everyone says, they sound a little deeper in tone and a little louder than stock. They have no drone or anything. No regrets here, very happy with my choice.

I'll add a little more after I get off work and have a better chance to really listen. Did I mention how good the tips look? lol I just wish I could run into a chick driving a GT with GTAs installed so I could say to her, "Nice tips." Always wanted to do that.
Old 6/8/07, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Keep us posted. And a pic of your tips would be sweet too. I'm considering swapping the Flows for the GTAs to go along w/ the LTs and H-pipe.
Old 6/8/07, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Has the sound of Flows/ARH LT's/Catted H grown on you Lowe?
Old 6/8/07, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

I just wish I could run into a chick driving a GT with GTAs installed so I could say to her, "Nice tips." Always wanted to do that.
LOL! Good luck with that! And trust me, listening to those GTA's when you get on them is like

And a pic of your tips would be sweet too.
Here's a pic I took a few weeks ago... It's not the best, but it'll tide you over till Spiderman79x posts his...
Attached Images  
Old 6/8/07, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the GTAs and I am cosidering the X-Pipe. I was told I didn't need a new tune with the mufflers, but does that hold true if I replace the X-pipes?
thanks,
mitch
Old 6/8/07, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustangfan123
Has the sound of Flows/ARH LT's/Catted H grown on you Lowe?
It's fine. I'm just thinking about a change. I will say the drone has decreased now.
There is just some wierd, tinney metallic, LS1 sounding tones at certain RPM and loads that I need to get used to.
Old 6/8/07, 12:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mjbarnet
I have the GTAs and I am cosidering the X-Pipe. I was told I didn't need a new tune with the mufflers, but does that hold true if I replace the X-pipes?
thanks,
mitch

Same applies. I asked the same question when I went to buy my X-Pipe and was told no tune would be needed... All you are doing is changing how the exhaust flows out of the engine... It's how the air flows into the engine that requires the tunes...
Old 6/8/07, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

+1 I put the GTA's on (also from ninosport), and will put the X-pipe on when I get around to it. Then the tune/CAI. Here's a nice tip shot for ya...
Old 6/8/07, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice!

they kinda look like deep dish rims! I might have to get the GTAs just for that!
Old 6/8/07, 11:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SpiderMan79x
You mention you had yours welded on. I understand about the leaks down the road, but are there any other advantages to going that route? What was the cost to have them welded on? I wonder how many people have had them welded instead of the clamps.
Leaks were my main concern, I'm not sure if there are other drawbacks to the clamps. The shop recommended that I just get them welded to avoid the risk. A Shelby GT owner on another forum also mentioned that it's welded on the Shelby GT, so it was a no brainer for me.

It's always something you can do later anyway. It took about 5-10 minutes for the installer to do the welding itself. I paid midas about 80 bucks for the complete install. That shop had done good work for me before so I trusted their exhaust guy.
Old 6/9/07, 12:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The GTA's really come alive after about 700 miles on them
Old 6/9/07, 02:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I am considering these thanks to this thread, thanks guys.
Old 6/9/07, 03:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
The GTA's really come alive after about 700 miles on them
For sure... I have several thousand on mine and they have this nice deep tone with no drone. I love them and Nino Sport is the best!
I just recieved my Bama tunes and JLT which I will put on as soon as I get home from Chicago!

Quick Reply: FRPP X-Pipe & GTAs being installed as I type