GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP/Stingers vs. Flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/07, 01:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTAs are what is used on the Shelby GT-H and the Shelby GT, but they are also paired with a FRPP X-Crossover - Meaning it connects to the stock CATs in place of the factory H pipe.
Old 1/1/07, 05:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cobra4548
OK, forgive the stupidity, but which FRPP mufflers are the Stingers? Is there much difference between the Stingers and the GTA mufflers besides a 3.5 and 4 inch exhaust tip? Why are the 3.5 inch ones about $200 more than the GTAs? Ford's name?
FRPP(M-5230-5GT)- same as Borla Stingers, only cheaper. They're actually made for FRPP by Borla. That's why everyone refers to them as FRPP/Stingers. They have a straight through design and are loud. Only negative, by some, is the propensity for drone. They also have the rolled 4" stainless steel tips. GTAs are tamer w/less drone and, as you mentioned, 3" SS tips.
Old 1/1/07, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
FRPP(M-5230-5GT)- same as Borla Stingers, only cheaper. They're actually made for FRPP by Borla. That's why everyone refers to them as FRPP/Stingers. They have a straight through design and are loud. Only negative, by some, is the propensity for drone. They also have the rolled 4" stainless steel tips. GTAs are tamer w/less drone and, as you mentioned, 3" SS tips.

Thanks. So I guess my next question is where do I order the GTAs or the Stingers from? Who has the best price for both? Which is more expensive, the GTAs or the Stingers?
Old 1/1/07, 08:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by cobra4548
Thanks. So I guess my next question is where do I order the GTAs or the Stingers from? Who has the best price for both? Which is more expensive, the GTAs or the Stingers?
Check this place out: http://www.johnbleakleyford.com/parts.asp
They seem to be the cheapest, but shop around, you may find a better deal elsewhere . FYI, conduct a "search" on this forum and you'll find an infinite amount of threads/posts on exhaust .
Old 1/6/07, 05:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm still seeking comparisons, anyone... ?
Old 1/6/07, 09:14 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm still seeking comparisons, anyone... ?
between?? If it's between the stingers and something else...no comparison
Old 1/7/07, 08:17 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
between?? If it's between the stingers and something else...no comparison
Title of this thread... anyone out there had Flows and switched to Stingers?
Old 1/7/07, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

I wouldnt worry about the drone on the stingers. Ive had them for about 10 months and can honestly say that i cant notice the drone anymore. I dont know if im just used to it, or if once you break them in, its gone.
Old 1/10/07, 05:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Anyone else...? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger.
Old 1/10/07, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Anyone else...? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger.
I spent 3 months researching, and listening to sound clips of probably every muffler they make for this car before i finally pulled the trigger. I basically narrowed it down to 3 and randomly just picked one. Im very happy with the stingers. I think they are the best sounding a/b's for this car. I almost got the loudmouths, but I thought they sounded a little too loud compared to the stingers. I wanted something loud, but smooth sounding. Thats why i got the stingers. Now I want them louder, thats why i got a bassani x-pipe to go with them. I had a similar problem deciding between an o/r prochamber and o/r h-pipe. Somehow I ended up with an o/r x-pipe.
Old 1/10/07, 05:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 69_gt500
I spent 3 months researching, and listening to sound clips of probably every muffler they make for this car before i finally pulled the trigger. I basically narrowed it down to 3 and randomly just picked one. Im very happy with the stingers. I think they are the best sounding a/b's for this car. I almost got the loudmouths, but I thought they sounded a little too loud compared to the stingers. I wanted something loud, but smooth sounding. Thats why i got the stingers. Now I want them louder, thats why i got a bassani x-pipe to go with them. I had a similar problem deciding between an o/r prochamber and o/r h-pipe. Somehow I ended up with an o/r x-pipe.
Thanks BTW, What were your three choices 1) Stingers, 2) SLP, and 3) ?
Old 1/10/07, 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

1.stingers, 2.slp, 3.bassani, in no particular order. I wonder , if i would of liked either one depending on which one i went with if it wasnt the borlas.
Old 1/11/07, 03:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I didn't get the input that I had expected... nonetheless, based on all the research that I did eariler, I ordered the FRPP/Stingers tonight. $395.00 at John Bleakley's Ford. I sold my beloved Flows. I hope that I don't regret it. Thanks for your input Matt
Old 1/11/07, 04:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey SteelTown, let us know if you don't regret it after you get them installed. I'm very tempted to replace my Flows as well.
Old 1/11/07, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I didn't get the input that I had expected... nonetheless, based on all the research that I did eariler, I ordered the FRPP/Stingers tonight. $395.00 and John Bleakley's Ford. I sold my beloved Flows . I hope that I don't regret it. Thanks for your input Matt
Your welcome. IMO, There is no comparison between the flows and the stingers. The stingers have a nice deep rumble that i think the flows lack. Im sure you'll love them, just as almost everyone that has them does .
Old 1/11/07, 04:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 05BlackGT
Hey SteelTown, let us know if you don't regret it after you get them installed. I'm very tempted to replace my Flows as well.
We'll do...
Old 1/11/07, 09:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 69_gt500
make sure you get a lot of clips with the O/R X and Stingers
Old 1/13/07, 08:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Anyone else that would like to chime in... ?
Old 1/13/07, 10:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
make sure you get a lot of clips with the O/R X and Stingers
I just ordered high flow cats. Im not going to run it o/r. Tom had a lot of good clips of the stingers in the corsa vs stingers thread. Those videos are acually what made pull the trigger and get the x-pipe.
Old 1/13/07, 10:09 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anybody have that clip of the flows compared to the stingers, I used to have it but I can not find it

Quick Reply: FRPP/Stingers vs. Flowmaster