GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Flowmasters with ARH LT's and X or H-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/07, 09:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flowmasters with ARH LT's and X or H-Pipe

Hi guys, I was on a different forum today,and someone had JBA LT's,JBA Catted H-Pipe,and Flowmasters. I asked him if it sounds deep and he said at 1/2 throttle, when accelerating, and at WOT it sounds deep. But at low RPM cruising speeds he said it had unbearable drone. If I got ARH LT's with an Catted X or H-Pipe and put it on with my Flowmasters, would this unbearable drone at low-rpm cruising speeds happen too, or is it something to do with the JBA LT's or JBA H-pipe's design causing this?

Well, maybe the design of the headers or mid-pipe caused the low rpm cruising drone for him. I am thinking that may be the case since a Prochamber O/R H-Pipe sounds different than a Pypes O/R H-Pipe.
Old 4/30/07, 12:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think there would any difference in sound between the JBA or the ARH long tubes. H-pipes and X-pipes sound a little different but the drone you are concerned about is mostly caused by the mufflers. The drone with the Flow masters is probably exagerated by the long tubes but I think any long tube headers would have about the same effect. The removal of the stock cats which is neccesary with the instalation of LTs' is a factor here as well as the factory cats are more restrictive than aftermarket ones therefore they tend to quet things down a little also.
Basically if you don't like drone and you plan to run LT's you probably shouldn't get Flowmasters and look at other choices that are out there.