GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Factory air intake Question

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/07, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory air intake Question

Any one have their intake tube off? I just got my 05 GT back from dealer . The inside plastic re-inforcement? broke and went into the cylnder causing the valve to stick and then the rocker came off. The peice of plasic fits neer the MAS. Any one have some photos of the inside of the intake tube from the MAS side? Dealer tech thinks it is aftermarket peice lol
Thanks
Old 1/24/07, 04:55 AM
Cobra Member

The dealer tech is either an idiot or trying to get you to pay for what should be a warranty-covered repair.

Maybe it was a part of the hydrocarbon trap (OEM on early 2005 MY cars) that broke off and was sucked into the throttle body and maybe even past it. Do you know if your car came with a HC trap? Mine did and removing it was the first thing I did when I got home after picking the car up.

Old 1/24/07, 04:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
There is a hard reinforcement at the throttle body side of the air inlet tube (where it makes a cone). Some 05 GTs had a cardboard-like insert in the inlet tube for emissions, but this was later removed for 06-up models.
Old 1/25/07, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by metroplex
There is a hard reinforcement at the throttle body side of the air inlet tube (where it makes a cone). Some 05 GTs had a cardboard-like insert in the inlet tube for emissions, but this was later removed for 06-up models.

This is hard plastic. I would like to get a photo of the MAS side . Thanks for the HC trap though.
Old 1/25/07, 03:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by AKBOSSMAN
This is hard plastic. I would like to get a photo of the MAS side . Thanks for the HC trap though.
There is something hard underneath the inlet tube where it meets the throttle body. AFAIK there is nothing in the inlet tube on the MAF side.
Old 1/25/07, 07:01 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,625 Posts
Would this device happen to be what you're referring to ? If it is this device is know as an intake pulsation tank that appears in some 05 Stangs with automatic transmissions only
Old 1/26/07, 03:00 AM

Getting closer. Mine is a manual. Their must be some one with an 05 inlet tube off ?

It is oval at the thottle
Old 1/30/07, 01:05 AM

Part #s?

Here is what is on the plastic part
MAD03-0336
PA66-GF+M 12

If someone has the intake tube off this would be at the MAS end. Unless its broken like mine you can't see the part #s either. I just need a photo. Thanks
Old 2/1/07, 10:47 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,625 Posts
AKBOSSMAN, can you provide an exact motorcraft part # and a pic ? if you're not sure how to post pic's on here, just let me know and I'll walk you through step by step. I also looked at my stock inlet tube and cannot locate this oval shaped device you're referring to on either the MAF or throttle body sides unless your referring to the reducer tube which attaches to a smaller rubber hose that plugs into the valve cover on the driver's side but I don't think that's the right part either because it's not oval shaped.
Old 2/2/07, 01:41 AM

weird I know

Can you squease your oval rubber where it joins the MAS. I can because this piece is broken out.
Old 2/2/07, 02:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by AKBOSSMAN
Can you squease your oval rubber where it joins the MAS. I can because this piece is broken out.
I can squeeze the round part of the inlet tube near the MAF because there's nothing in there.

If you try to squeeze the oval part of the tube near the Throttle Body, there is a hard support/object inside the tube most likely there to prevent that part of the tube from collapsing.
Old 2/7/07, 09:59 PM

Thanks

I have got to get a photo or see a stock intake.......