GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Evolution Performance Receives There C&L 3V Manifold!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/25/08, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any intake that mounts to the stock location will be just fine, but im sure you will see better gains if you were to use a C&L product.
Old 12/25/08, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by futuresvt
so would you have to have a C&L intake to use this, or would any intake that mounts to the stock location work?
No you don't need the C&L intake.
Old 12/25/08, 04:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm guessing it'll sacrifice some low-end to mid-range torque but yield an incredible boost in hp and torque above 4000 RPM.
Old 12/25/08, 06:29 PM
Cobra Member

i think evolutions site said it you give good power throughout the whole rpm on the page where it shows preorder pricing, i think it said expect 25rwhp throughout the rpm with a peak of 30rwhp at redline with ONLY a CAI and Custom Tune. So expect gooooooood results with cars that have all the basic bolt ons and car that are more heavily modified for a price about $799.
Old 12/25/08, 06:30 PM
Cobra Member

its all in the tuning like stated before, so results can show more or less but hopefully more.
Old 12/25/08, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You can grab quite a few ponies just having a bone stock Stang tuned up.
Old 12/25/08, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by metroplex
You can grab quite a few ponies just having a bone stock Stang tuned up.
This is exactly what I'm thinking.

Before I plunk down $800 for an intake, I want to compare the results of a "tuned" car to the results of a tuned car w/intake. In order for me to layout the cash, its got to add significant performance over and above my C&L Racer CAI and delete plates.

I'm hoping for the best, but fear in in order to get any real benefit, your going to need FI.
Old 12/26/08, 02:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I am not trying to blast the product but like Nick mentioned, it'd be great to compare the results w/ the intake against a fair baseline. I don't believe they can magically produce lots of ponies and torque from just an intake manifold unless the stock intake was severely restrictive. What Ford has done with its 4.6 and 5.4 engines traditionally is tune the intake runners: diameter, volume, and length. They can effectively shift the powerband up/down and boost torque below 3000 RPM, but you cannot have gobs of low end torque AND massive high end power at the same time without doing something to the cylinder heads, and valves. Even aftermarket camshafts tweak the powerband: the more high end power you get, the higher the powerband and the less low end torque there is available. That is why Ford's variable cam timing and CMCV's prove so useful: they mitigate low end power loss without sacrificing top end performance. Most Mustang owners don't notice a loss in low end when using aftermarket cams because their cars are light. When I went to a PI intake manifold and Comp XE262H cams on my 4.6L 2V, I immediately felt a noticeable loss in low end performance (below 3k RPM) with the Crown Vic, but above 4k the car's inner beast came alive.
Old 12/26/08, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

unless the stock intake was severely restrictive.
Restrictive, yes. Severely, no. Ford engineers are limited by fuel economy and emissions, something the aftermarket companies have zero concern for. Doubt all you want but you are going to gain hp with this intake.
Old 12/26/08, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

I am not trying to blast the product but like Nick mentioned, it'd be great to compare the results w/ the intake against a fair baseline. I don't believe they can magically produce lots of ponies and torque from just an intake manifold unless the stock intake was severely restrictive. What Ford has done with its 4.6 and 5.4 engines traditionally is tune the intake runners: diameter, volume, and length. They can effectively shift the powerband up/down and boost torque below 3000 RPM, but you cannot have gobs of low end torque AND massive high end power at the same time without doing something to the cylinder heads, and valves. Even aftermarket camshafts tweak the powerband: the more high end power you get, the higher the powerband and the less low end torque there is available. That is why Ford's variable cam timing and CMCV's prove so useful: they mitigate low end power loss without sacrificing top end performance. Most Mustang owners don't notice a loss in low end when using aftermarket cams because their cars are light. When I went to a PI intake manifold and Comp XE262H cams on my 4.6L 2V, I immediately felt a noticeable loss in low end performance (below 3k RPM) with the Crown Vic, but above 4k the car's inner beast came alive.

you guys also have to realize that they said the cfms per port on the stock intake was not balance. this news intake flows 300 and whatever cfm PER runner. then stock one was not balance compare to the new one and in my mind whenever you can increase the air flow better its has better results on the car, thats why this is going to be huuuuge on cars with head/cam combo and all the basic bolt on and there will truly be no friggin restriction annnnnnywhere.
Old 12/26/08, 04:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bullitt995
Restrictive, yes. Severely, no. Ford engineers are limited by fuel economy and emissions, something the aftermarket companies have zero concern for. Doubt all you want but you are going to gain hp with this intake.
in my opinion i think they will do just fine with this product, it will produce very well for the money it cost. if you have almost all the basic bolt ons you can gain the same amount of horsepower or more by using this product instead of cracking open the valve cover and doing a cam swap which is a involved job. you will benefit more with cam and head swap but you still get around the same power if you change the manifold compared to changing the cams. i think it will be priced very good, compared to this manifold i saw on mmr website that was almost 3grand and sheetmetal i think.