GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Eibach Pro kit supporting mods

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/14, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eibach Pro kit supporting mods

Ok so I have a friend that has probably every suspension mod available for the s197 as far as a daily driver setup. I will be ordering the Eibach pro kit soon and was wondering what all supporting mods I would need for that much of a drop? Also if someone has pics of 20" wheels with the pro kit please post them also. My car will be used as a daily driver with maybe a few runs down the 1/4 mile. I have some non adjustable j&m lcas so will they work or should I go adjustable? I'm pretty sure I will need camber bolts and a pan hard bar. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by TangoGT; 3/15/14 at 11:17 PM.
Old 3/16/14, 12:23 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I run the eibach pros myself. I went with eibach camber bolts myself but some might say they are risky for track use. Definitely the panhard is needed too.
Old 3/17/14, 07:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depending on your cars mileage you may want to put new shocks and struts in while your in there.
Old 3/17/14, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by NYGMEN
Depending on your cars mileage you may want to put new shocks and struts in while your in there.
It's got some miles and Im planning on upgrading them also but not right now. I'm only wanting to lower it for now for some upcoming car shows. I can deal with a little bumpy ride till then. Found a used pro kit and eventually will get the eibach pro system.
Old 3/22/14, 08:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pro kit drops the car to the point that you will need to correct the geometry to make the car handle correctly/better than stock.

I would do camber/caster plates as the drop will drastically affect both. The camber bolts are good for putting -1.5° on a 1.5" drop. You may be able to get into factory specs with the bolts, but the car will not handle better and the addition of the 20" wheels will make it handle worse.

You may need to correct your steering geometry with a bump steer kit.

You most definitely will need new shocks and struts. The factory stuff is designed to work in the range of the stock spring height. When you "collapse" the shocks/struts with the lowered spring, you are asking the shock to work outside its designed range. They will quit early.

I would stick with solid LCAs and buy an adjustable UCA. You will need to correct your pinion angle once installed. I would also do relocation brackets for your LCAs. Adjustable panhard rod is going to be needed to bring the rear back to center.

Dropping this car for car shows is one thing. Trying to take a high-speed turn on 20s without the proper suspension adjustments is going to put the car in a four wheel drift. Less sidewall on the tires and having the car understeer and not absorb the bumps is going to make the car a handful. If you just casually drive to car shows, you can budget and do the suspension slowly over time, but if you think you're going to track this or do any spirited driving on unprepped surfaces...good luck.
Old 3/22/14, 09:26 AM

Good info Shaun. I'm not planning at all to track the car or take any high speed turns. I only go fast in a straight line and that's very rare. For now I'm just looking to lower it and make it look good. Next year I will be doing the suspension right with camber plates, shocks, struts, etc. Picked up a used pro kit for $125 last night.
Old 3/22/14, 09:35 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by TangoGT
Good info Shaun. I'm not planning at all to track the car or take any high speed turns. I only go fast in a straight line and that's very rare. For now I'm just looking to lower it and make it look good. Next year I will be doing the suspension right with camber plates, shocks, struts, etc. Picked up a used pro kit for $125 last night.
Exactly the route i am taking. I found the panhard, bolts and alignment was needed right away, although one mechanic suggested waiting for the springs to settle before the alignment. 1-2 weeks.
Old 3/22/14, 09:40 AM

Since my springs are used then I won't have to wait on them to settle. Correct?
Old 3/22/14, 09:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by TangoGT
Since my springs are used then I won't have to wait on them to settle. Correct?
that makes sense to me
Old 4/1/14, 07:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

I highly recommend one of these http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=172 Very easy to center the body over the rear axle. I don't work for BMR but they did use my car for this article: http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...s197-mustangs/

Last edited by MTAS; 4/1/14 at 08:03 AM.