GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

2006 Ford Mustang Gt basic mods

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/14, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Ford Mustang Gt basic mods

Hello everyone I have an 06 Gt. I have done some basic mods like air raid cold air intake. Bama SCT flash tuner. Axle back magnoflows. What are the next basic performance upgrades? Thanks also does anyone have a rough idea of what my top speed would be compared to pure stock?
Old 2/21/14, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2006GT1995
Hello everyone I have an 06 Gt. I have done some basic mods like air raid cold air intake. Bama SCT flash tuner. Axle back magnoflows. What are the next basic performance upgrades? Thanks also does anyone have a rough idea of what my top speed would be compared to pure stock?
There's several directions you can go from here for more bolt-on power or performance. A catless O/R mid-pipe exhaust, or differential gears, or an aftermarket throttle body would be a good start. I think you should decide what you want to do with the car long term too.

Is the GT a manual or automatic? This would affect which differential gears I would recommend. Also, I'm assuming the Mustang is your daily driver? Do you spend a lot time on the highway?

Give me a little more feedback and we'll figure out what the best route for you is!

Shane
Old 2/21/14, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
There's several directions you can go from here for more bolt-on power or performance. A catless O/R mid-pipe exhaust, or differential gears, or an aftermarket throttle body would be a good start. I think you should decide what you want to do with the car long term too. Is the GT a manual or automatic? This would affect which differential gears I would recommend. Also, I'm assuming the Mustang is your daily driver? Do you spend a lot time on the highway? Give me a little more feedback and we'll figure out what the best route for you is! Shane
hey shane thanks for the reply. This is my daily driver it's an automatic I had a leg Injury on a motorcycle my clutch foot done move so well anyway. I am not looking for a race car just some basic stuff like you listed. I have bought some MMD ABS rear window louvers waiting for a warm day. If you know of any add on body kits that will make it more of a retro look I would like to hear them. Thinking of getting a throttle body from American muscle do you have a specific brand you would stick to. I love working on my car just simple I am not a mechanic but any suggestions. Do you have an idea of top speed with my mods current for an auto. I have a 89 preformace tune on. I would say I am on the highway a fair amount of time more back roads where I am at thanks.
Old 2/23/14, 09:33 AM

Mid-pipe, gears, LT headers would really wake it up, throttle body.
Old 3/1/14, 09:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Stall converter (3500 rpm or higher) will really wake up your GT automatic!
Old 3/8/14, 08:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Throttle body won't do much, if any, for your setup. Waste of money that can be used for other parts. Some have trouble with aftermarket TB. In addition to gears and stuff others have suggested, you can also consider underdrive pulleys, delete plates, one piece drive shaft. These can add and free up small amounts of hp. Cams are another item that can be done, but these are move expensive.
Old 3/22/14, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Zack. You will want to run the 93 tune. Your car will add timing and you will get more power and although the gas costs more, you will get better mileage and the price per gallon won't save you anything using 89.

You will want to drop the car 1 to 1.5" as this will drastically affect the handling.

The stall and gears are going to make this car feel twice as fast. It will definitely drop your 0-60 time by a significant amount.

Long tube headers, cams, charge motion delete plates, a lighter driveshaft, will all lower your 1/4 mile time and make more use of the power. This is where the money goes though. Most people are happy with the almost 300 Hp (sea level - intake and tune) and the cost of these items gives you a little less return.

I would do your mods and walk your performance up to meet your budget and feel out how much "more" you think you need.
Old 3/22/14, 10:34 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006GT1995
I would say I am on the highway a fair amount of time more back roads where I am at thanks.
Based on this, I'm not sure LT's and/or cams would benefit you as they really don't kick in until higher rpm's. I would think for two lane twisties you'd be more interested in mid range torque than top end hp.
Old 3/22/14, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Tires.
Get some really grippy tires, like Michelin Pilot Super Sports, or Nitto 555 Extremes. You will be amazed how well these cars handle with the right tire.
Old 4/2/14, 09:30 AM

Thanks for all the replays I will try the 93 tune and look at some of those parts. Thanks to everone who responded