GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Eibach Pro kit with stock shocks/struts

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/09, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach Pro kit with stock shocks/struts

Can I run the Eibach Pro springs with my stock struts & shocks for a while. The car is a weekend drivr only, and since I only pay cash for mods I would like to add the shocks, struts, and other componants as I can afford them.
Old 1/2/09, 06:23 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did it for a few months with no problems. Then I added steeda shocks/struts and things were even better!
Old 1/2/09, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can and you will be impressed. We did my Wife's Vert with ONLY the Pro-Kit springs. She drove it like that for 30K miles and no issues. The only other thing is Camber Bolts and alignment to correct the front end after lowering. You will find the driveshaft and the rear axle will be within Ford tolerance and will not need an adjustable control arm or adjustable panhard rod.

Remeber that the springs are progressive rate and will help with understeer, but will not set the car up as well as if you added an aftermarket rear sway bar. Stiffer rear and lowered cars = less understeer (tighter handling).

The goal is going with the softest springs tolerable for straight line ride comfort. Adding a set of good dampers (Tokico or Koni are my preference) and at minimum a stiffer rear sway and solid LCAs and Panhard bar. You can then add a panhard bar brace, Adjustable Upper Control Arm (UCA), Lower Control Arm (LCA) relocation brackets.

This is MY (yes, based on MY OPINION) prescribed improvement plan for street use S197s. Everyone will give you opinions, but I have done (5) S197s and each one was different. By far my favorite for overall comfort and handling balance was the Steeda Sport Springs and Tokico D-Specs.

Being on a budget, you will be happy with just the Pro-Kit springs. To save your tires (money) you need to address the alignment. The Eibach camber bolt (replaces upper on strut) will make aligning the car easy.