GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Dyno Results Inside - Off Road H-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/05, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had been contacted several times with requests to offer an off road H-pipe for the 05/06 GT. People had different reasons why they wanted an H-pipe. Some because of the sound issue with the X-pipe and others because of fit issues when you combine an X-pipe with driveshaft loops. As asked for we will soon be offering a Pypes Off Road H-pipe and the gains are good for the price. Pypes delivered our proto-type unit last week and the results are in. We had a local company perform the independent test so we could provide un-biased dyno numbers because we are the only company that is going to have this H-pipe. They made 3 pulls with the stock catted H-pipe and then installed the Pypes Off Road H-pipe. Another 3 pulls were made and the gains were impressive. You will notice in the graph power is gained at all RPM's. That is nice to see because some parts only produce gains at high RPM's.

The 05 GT picked up 8 rear wheel horsepower at only 5,000 RPM's and as much as 10 foot pounds at 4300 RPM's. This is also a no tune required plug and play part. We made ZERO changes to the tune before and after this test. If you do not have our tune you can install this pipe just like we did and make power. If you are a current programmer customer you will get a new tune with this H-pipe at no charge as we do fine tune our programs for each part to squeeze the most power out of each one based off of your various intake combination.

I am having a November special on these if you want to get in on the Pre-Sale. At only $159 shipped it is a part that actually adds power. Considering I have tested $500 parts that made less than 2 HP I give off road mid-pipes in general a thumbs up.

CLICK TO CHECK OUT BRENSPEED MID-PIPE OPTIONS
Old 11/14/05, 08:58 PM

I see that the 05 made 295rwhp prior to the h-pipe install, what were the mods to this car? Have you tested this pipe on a completely stock vehicle? Otherwise looks pretty good for just removing the cats.
Old 11/15/05, 07:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Gains look good, and the price.

Question on noise level. How much louder in the cab with this H-pipe?
Old 11/15/05, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Hatchman@November 15, 2005, 8:24 AM
Gains look good, and the price.

Question on noise level. How much louder in the cab with this H-pipe?
With the stock mufflers is not loud at all in the car. Adding different mufflers will change the sound in the car. I have had 3 different mufflers on with it and more to come. Some mufflers are louder than others based on design. Also what I think is not loud you might think is ear damaging, or vise versa.

Old 11/15/05, 08:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dhof303@November 14, 2005, 10:01 PM
I see that the 05 made 295rwhp prior to the h-pipe install, what were the mods to this car? Have you tested this pipe on a completely stock vehicle? Otherwise looks pretty good for just removing the cats.
The car was tuned with an air intake. There was no tune changed before or after with the results listed above.

Old 11/15/05, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Sweet! That's enough to convince me. Just ordered one.
Old 11/15/05, 01:38 PM
MSP
Banned

I am really impressed with this level of service.. Be nice if Brenspeed could test an HPIPE on a V6 and be kind enough to share the results.. Overall, I would say the GT guys have a pretty good upgrade with the HPIPE..
Old 11/15/05, 04:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Brent,

with a pre-order, does the credit card get charged right away or when the item is actually shipped?
Old 11/15/05, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

I want to order an air intake/tuner combo, as well as this H-Pipe. Is it possible to get a tune adjusted for this if I get it all in one order?

Thanks for working hard for us.
Old 11/15/05, 09:31 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally posted by MSP@November 15, 2005, 1:41 PM
I am really impressed with this level of service.. Be nice if Brenspeed could test an HPIPE on a V6 and be kind enough to share the results.. Overall, I would say the GT guys have a pretty good upgrade with the HPIPE..
Yeah! Brent has great customer service. He has always answered any quwstion I've had!

Thanks Brent!
Old 11/16/05, 05:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Rebel73@November 15, 2005, 6:04 PM
Brent,

with a pre-order, does the credit card get charged right away or when the item is actually shipped?
I just ordered mine and I got charged right away. I am willing to pay up front to get this good deal that Brent is offering us!

Yes I agree on Brent's level of customer service. I spoke with him on monday for a long time answering my questions about his new h-pipe, and he was so helpful in assisting me!

Thumbs up to Brenspeed!!
Old 11/16/05, 06:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by BRENSPEED@November 15, 2005, 10:02 AM
With the stock mufflers is not loud at all in the car. Adding different mufflers will change the sound in the car. I have had 3 different mufflers on with it and more to come. Some mufflers are louder than others based on design. Also what I think is not loud you might think is ear damaging, or vise versa.

I agree, especially when it comes to sound, it's all relative. I have the JBA's right now, which to me sound a lot like stock, but a little deeper and more growl and less raspy.

The only thing is, I'm always surprised at how little drone and how quite the car is on long trips, and I don't want to get it to where my ears are ringing at the end of a long trip like in some of my other vehicles.

But I'm going to give it a shot, sounds like a great performance mod for the price, and dyno proven.
Old 11/16/05, 07:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holeshot@November 16, 2005, 6:31 AM
I just ordered mine and I got charged right away. I am willing to pay up front to get this good deal that Brent is offering us!
Thumbs up to Brenspeed!!
Hey Mark you were never charged. I am not charging until they arrive. Your card might have a pre-authorization on it from you ordering on the web, but the order will not be processed until they arrive. Just an FYI. Thanks.
Old 11/16/05, 07:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by luckyeod28@November 15, 2005, 10:28 PM
I want to order an air intake/tuner combo, as well as this H-Pipe. Is it possible to get a tune adjusted for this if I get it all in one order?

Thanks for working hard for us.
Yes no problem.
Old 11/16/05, 07:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BRENSPEED@November 16, 2005, 9:07 AM
Hey Mark you were never charged. I am not charging until they arrive. Your card might have a pre-authorization on it from you ordering on the web, but the order will not be processed until they arrive. Just an FYI. Thanks.

Really? I used my debit card and it showed up on my account when I checked it online this morning. Maybe it was a pre-authorization like you said. I just saw the charge on there.

Either way, I am excited to get it!!!

Sorry for the confusion Brent.
Old 11/16/05, 07:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holeshot@November 16, 2005, 9:25 AM
Really? I used my debit card and it showed up on my account when I checked it online this morning. Maybe it was a pre-authorization like you said. I just saw the charge on there.

Either way, I am excited to get it!!!

Sorry for the confusion Brent.

I work for a bank, that is a authorization hold for thr funds. It will drop off in approx. 3 days if the matching transaction is not processed. Just make sure the funds are available come the middle of December when Brent runs the transactions again before shipping. And no, there won't be any double posting.
Old 11/16/05, 08:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

That makes sense.

Thanks Ben!
Old 11/16/05, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Brent, can I order the JLT II intake in my car's color from your shop?
Old 11/16/05, 05:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally posted by luckyeod28@November 16, 2005, 5:17 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread.

Brent, can I order the JLT II intake in my car's color from your shop?

Not to answer for the man, but yes, you should be able to order it directly from Brent. I just ordered my JLT II kit and X2 tuner from him, and will have it tomorrow.

Only bad thing is, now I may have to order one of these dang H-pipes too to go along with my Bassanis......... thanks Brenspeed!!!!!!!

ts
Old 11/16/05, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by tom281@November 16, 2005, 6:06 PM
Not to answer for the man, but yes, you should be able to order it directly from Brent. I just ordered my JLT II kit and X2 tuner from him, and will have it tomorrow.

Only bad thing is, now I may have to order one of these dang H-pipes too to go along with my Bassanis......... thanks Brenspeed!!!!!!!

ts
I ordered the same thing on Monday, but on Tues. I bit the bullet and bought the h pipe as well! Did you get a tracking # or anything else to confirm when you are going to get your stuff?

Quick Reply: Dyno Results Inside - Off Road H-Pipe