GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

dyno numbers with new mods

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/05, 06:13 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 169stang+February 24, 2005, 6:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(169stang @ February 24, 2005, 6:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Black Magic@February 24, 2005, 5:50 PM
169stang, anyway to see your complete time slip on that run? I am just getting some data. Thanks either way.
I made an error! it was 13.28. I'll post the time slip in a minute. I have to scan it.
[/b][/quote]

No problem about the time wrong. I am really glad you share this info. I like to look at time slips and crunch numbers. All I say is great times. Glad to see someone at the track. Based on 60' and from the JMS test on ET street's you will drop into the 12 second zone with ease. Keep up the good work. I am just getting started with my automatic. I like to view the numbers from the sticks. Thanks again.
Old 2/24/05, 06:17 PM

my exhaust is still stock! This was my first dyno run so I really don't know for comparison-which stinks. The car FELT like there was more gained HP after installing the UD pullies and SCT than it does with the CAI and the CAI was 15hp gain.
Old 2/25/05, 05:32 AM

Did you dyno it stock at all? I'm also curious what just the underdrive pullies would do for an 05.
Old 2/25/05, 05:50 AM

No stock dyno numbers.
Old 2/25/05, 12:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Originally posted by 169stang@February 23, 2005, 6:40 PM
I finally got down to Steeda to have my 4.10's installed. I also bought their CAI. I was able to get on the dyno for a new tune and here are the results...
Baseline with the following mods: No HC trap, Steeda Underdrive pullies, SCT Xcalibrator tune. 279.8 rwhp/296ft-lbs. I then put on their CAI along with the gears: 294.9 rwhp/308.9. This car feels awesome now.
I will be visiting the track tonight to start getting used to launching it. My wheels and tires are on order.
Dyno sheet attached!
I added the Charge Motion Plates this week and with a dyno tune had 301.3 RWHP and 314.1 RWTQ. I had the same mods as you except I also had the axle back exhaust and my base line run was 295.3 RWHP and 313.8 RWTQ , so it looks like the exhaust is doing much yet. The air fuel ratio was considerably higher with the plates , so it's definately taking in more air. I think once Steeda releases the short tube headers and I get more air flow out of the exhaust the numbers should improve considerably. I talked to Dario yesterday and he said the header would be available in about 3 weeks. He showed me them on the Red Q and they look pretty good ...
Old 2/25/05, 02:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

hey man, and welcome. great numbers. man, you need to get you some sticky tires and let it rip! im trying to convince my dad to do some work to his 05. while i wait to see what SVT shows in NYC
Old 2/25/05, 05:49 PM

05YellowGT, I was there when Sam put the CMP on your car and I watched him dyno it. Fred told me the day before to call him in the afternoon about your numbers. I think they were as curious as I as to what the difference was going to be between yours and mine. I'll do the plates when I go to do the exhaust and then have a custom tune done. Right now, there isn't really enough to make much difference with a custom tune. You do, but I don't. I could spend the money and maybe squeek out 2 or 3 hp. Those CMP are easy to install. I thought it would be easy, but after watching Sam do it, I definately wouldn't pay to have them installed. Their short tube looked sweet. Someone told me that their is better sound from Long tubes though. I'm still undecided on the exhaust setup! I received my wheels today and my tires should be here when I get back from my trip next week. M/T ET Streets.
Old 2/25/05, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 169stang@February 25, 2005, 6:52 PM
05YellowGT, I was there when Sam put the CMP on your car and I watched him dyno it. Fred told me the day before to call him in the afternoon about your numbers. I think they were as curious as I as to what the difference was going to be between yours and mine. I'll do the plates when I go to do the exhaust and then have a custom tune done. Right now, there isn't really enough to make much difference with a custom tune. You do, but I don't. I could spend the money and maybe squeek out 2 or 3 hp. Those CMP are easy to install. I thought it would be easy, but after watching Sam do it, I definately wouldn't pay to have them installed. Their short tube looked sweet. Someone told me that their is better sound from Long tubes though. I'm still undecided on the exhaust setup! I received my wheels today and my tires should be here when I get back from my trip next week. M/T ET Streets.
Oh great there is another one down here. You two are going to kill me while I wait for mine. Then I wanted to wait a while to do mods but w/ the both of you guys I better get on the stick quick! The dealership stated 3/1 is my build date so we'll see. Steeda sounds like they are getting great #'s out of these but they are usually expensive for installation. How have they treated the both of you? I have met Fred once before but that was over a year ago.
Old 2/25/05, 09:45 PM

My first impression, I thought they were a bit stuffy- sort of proud. I stand corrected. I think they offer a great service and great product that is tested and proven. Some people would disagree, but from my experience, they have done me good. Some things are more expensive to have them do. They installed my gears and it was less expensive than most places. Even if it was more, I wouldn't have hesitated because they know what they are doing. They have a set labor rate, so if you are getting something that is simple to install, it will seem like it's expensive to have them install it. I guess you get more bang for your buck if the install is more difficult. Fred is a busy guy, but takes care of you when needed.
Old 2/26/05, 05:05 PM
Cobra Member

Really good #'s 169stang! Steeda does seem to be doing some good work. You quarter mile time's are fantastic! I learned how much so first hand last night...
Old 2/27/05, 01:50 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Congrats on your #'s. What does everyonne think of the JLT intake??
Old 2/27/05, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I didn't get those kind of #'s with my bullitt. I have prochamber H-Pipe C&L maf and no cats. You have some great #'s..Congrats.
Old 2/28/05, 05:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Originally posted by creedog+February 25, 2005, 11:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(creedog @ February 25, 2005, 11:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-169stang@February 25, 2005, 6:52 PM
Oh great there is another one down here. You two are going to kill me while I wait for mine. Then I wanted to wait a while to do mods but w/ the both of you guys I better get on the stick quick! The dealership stated 3/1 is my build date so we'll see. Steeda sounds like they are getting great #'s out of these
but they are usually expensive for installation. How have they treated the both of you? I have met Fred once before but that was over a year ago.
[/b][/quote]

Actually , this is my second time around with Steeda , I had my last one 15 years and just sold it a month or so after I got the 05. I bought a 1990 GT new in January of that year and passed Steeda on the way home. I went back the next day and met Dario , he had only been open for about 2 years at the time and there was only him and one other guy and so he did most of the work himself and I got to know him pretty well over the years. I had what he called his Street / Strip conversion and G-Trac suspension at the time. That included a 77 mm ProM mass air , 65 mm throttle body , 67 mm EGR spacer , GT-40 upper and lower intakes with a phenolic spacer between them , GT-40 heads , 1.62 roller rockers , Steeda #18 grind cam , Steeda 1 5/8" big tube shorty headers , 2.5" flowmaster exhaust , aluminum drive shaft and 373 gears. I spent a lot more money on that engine than I've spent on the 05 engine and it only had 267 RWHP. Since all we've done with the bolt on's so far is to free up horse power already there , just imagine what could be done with heads , cams and etc. As to being expensive , yes they are , but they do QUALITY WORK! About 4 years ago , I had 126k miles on the block and decided to replace it with a new 93 cobra short block. I talked to Dario and he quoted me a price , but when Fred wrote it up it , it over a $1000 more than Dario had said. I decide to check out Mustang Specialtes and they agreed to do it for the price Dario had quoted and that also included some things that Steeda wasn't going to do. All I can say is that I regretted the decision later on and I won't make that mistake again. I had delt directly with Dario for about the first 10 years and he always gave me price breaks and such , I don't get those anymore , but the quality of the work is still well worth it ...