GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Duel Solenoid Line Lock Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/06, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 94tbird
well mine have been wired up for a month or so now. i grounded the black wire to the solenoid mounting screw. i ran the red wires into the car. inside of each wheel well is a rubber grommet with a nipple on the end. on the drivers side i had already cut the nipple off and fed my gauge wires through so running the red wire for the line locks through was easy. on the passenger side i cut the nipple off and ran the wire through. jsut a small enough hole to get the wire through and i sealed the hole around it for weather reasons. i ran both wires from these grommets in the firewall to the center of the car underneath the radio. i ran them next to the shifter. and plugged them into a auto relay i got at radio shack for 5 bucks. i then ran the wires from the relay to the power switch i also got from radio shack for 5 bucks. for power i tapped the constant 12v power wire from my gauges as its the same thig. i also put 2 inline fuses, 1 for each solenoid in the wires before the relay jsu8t in case. works flawlessly. i have wireing diagrams for you if youd like them from modular fords.
That sounds good...I have my nexus gauges to install still so ill keep that in mind. Where are your switches...you have a pic?

MF had a hard drive crash...hope they have backup tapes! If they still have the info I would like the them.
Old 10/4/06, 12:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by NOLAGT
That sounds good...I have my nexus gauges to install still so ill keep that in mind. Where are your switches...you have a pic?

MF had a hard drive crash...hope they have backup tapes! If they still have the info I would like the them.
1 switch for the line locks only. i have it in the storage area under the arm rest. i keep it in the rubber insert that can be removed to adjsut the ebrake. it keeps it out of sight as i only use it at the track and the occasional smoke show in a parking lot. the electric fan switch i mounted in the engine bay in the fuse box cover as i also will only use it at the track.
Old 10/4/06, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

1 switch for the line locks only. i have it in the storage area under the arm rest. i keep it in the rubber insert that can be removed to adjsut the ebrake. it keeps it out of sight as i only use it at the track and the occasional smoke show in a parking lot. the electric fan switch i mounted in the engine bay in the fuse box cover as I also will only use it at the track.
Yeah I want to do that fan switch thing too for the track for between runs. Looked real easy!

Would it also be helpfull if you had the pump for the inner cooler running as well....possibly a water pump for the motor as well?
Old 10/4/06, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stangers
Just some FYI.GMS is coming out with a complete line lock kit for the s197 .I like the plug n play route myself.(I'm lazy like that ).
Originally Posted by Stangers

Originally Posted by nonsensez9
looks like a cleaner install than the wheel well route

maybe but your messing with the ABS module. id rather not touch that.

Originally Posted by Cali HP addict
It looks like the kit retains the stock lines from the wheels to the new solenoids. The new line is short and goes from the solenoid's to the abs module.

The Granatelli kit in production will have all flexible line. The closer the Line locks are to the ABS, the less chance you have for fluid line surge (pressure spikes) These line licks can also be used as electronic parking brakes as well. Lastly our system installs very easily

Originally Posted by scramblr
I'm either going to build a kit or buy one. This one looks nice, but gotta love the first line in the ad "
Originally Posted by scramblr
Won't void your factory warranty". I'm sure that if my ABS goes out and I show the dealership the GMS ad, the dealership will just bow at me and fix everything without questions.... Sorry, I just found that amusing!!

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm Either way our parts are sold through several Ford dealerships

If you look on GMS site he has the explanation behind that statement I think. There is a law that states more or less that the dealer has to prove the mod caused the damage. And he says the mod works fine with the abs soooo.

I think I am going to have to do what Tbird did tho....My whipple intake is right in that same spot. I might have to cancel this order.

Where do you plan to tap into for power and what not. Also where is your switch going to be inside the car?

Our kit comes with a switch that can be mounting to the shifter

Our system will work with a whipple even if you need to slide a bit left or right
Old 10/4/06, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli

Our system will work with a whipple even if you need to slide a bit left or right
Thats what I wanted to know...how set was the mounting location because its tight with the intake right there. I'll give it a whirl since its already on order but if it dosent fit im going to have to send it back to Lethal.
Old 10/4/06, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor

Thats what I wanted to know...how set was the mounting location because its tight with the intake right there. I'll give it a whirl since its already on order but if it dosent fit im going to have to send it back to Lethal.
Just send me the pics like we talked about and I will take care of you
Old 11/7/07, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor

Back by Request

Granatelli 760507 - Granatelli 2005-Up Mustang Tire Fryer Line Lock Kits

Granatelli's Tire Fryer Line Lock Kits are designed to keep your vehicle straight while towing down hill or in the staging lanes at the strip. Kits allow you to lock your front or rear brakes at will on all 2005-Up Mustang GT, V-6 & Shelby GT 500 vehicles. Installs in about 1-hour and will not void your factory warranty. Includes a re-buildable nickel-plated solenoid valve, activation switch (shifter mountable), arming light, stainless steel inserts, black chromate heat sinks and 3000 psi DOT approved flexible lines. 1/100,000 of a second release time & has been tested up to 30 Gs without failure.

$199.00 for the mounths of Nov and Dec. just call GMS 805-486-6644