GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Doug you rule!

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/07, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doug you rule!

I don't know why I didn't do it before, especially after reading praise after praise of Doug's tunes, but now I can add one myself.

HOLY HELL WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I had a brenspeed 93oct tune in before and ran pig rich. With Dougie's, I can feel quite a difference in hp and tq, and just overall pep. Not to mention his kickin' rad tranny schedule stuff! all i can say is wow what a difference. Can someone remind me why I didn't do this sooner?

In other news, my tax return check came in today. I am pondering having the torque converter and gears installed now, and waiting until august to do the supercharger (it is not a complete kit right now, needs some hoses and an intercooler plus installation) or the other way around. As it stands, the returns will cover the installation of both the converter and the gears, but not the entire cost of getting the blower put on. My gut says go with the tranny devices

This sunday I am going to go to the strip and see what new times this new beast can put down. My current best is a 12.99 @ 105.55mph. We'll see what it can do now.. I predict, ummmm,,,, BETTER.
Old 2/20/07, 03:58 PM
GT Member

Welcome aboard the bamachips train!
Old 2/20/07, 04:25 PM
GT Member

Doug really knows the automatic, for sure. If you are still running the stock 235s, you may want to think of some traction mods. I don't know how well your track is prepped, but adding a higher stall converter and gears may be a little too much for stock tires to handle. Consider a stickier tire and/or control arms or shocks. All that may not be necessary, but it may be something to condsider to get the most out of your mods.
Old 2/20/07, 04:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He knows "manuals" as well... It's good to see another Bamahead
Old 2/20/07, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sook
If you are still running the stock 235s, you may want to think of some traction mods. I don't know how well your track is prepped, but adding a higher stall converter and gears may be a little too much for stock tires to handle. Consider a stickier tire.
I agree completely. I used to race on 275/50-17 Nitto 450s (and 4.10s) and they worked fine... until I switched to Doug's tunes. After that, I had to get some drag radials to hook up. And that was with the stock converter. Budget in the tires first... otherwise you'll never maximize the potential of the gears/TC.
Old 2/20/07, 05:13 PM
GT Member

Its always a see-saw betweeen power and traction. I can't wait till I have a fat-@ss blower sitting on the power side though.

EDIT: Got censored for the first time. Sorry mods. I'll behave.
Old 2/20/07, 06:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm happy to report Doug's race tune + race tires wore out the stock differential and I had to buy a Torsen.
Old 2/21/07, 08:30 AM
Banned

Thanks guys!

I'm trying to round up some local Supercharged guys to work with my automatic tunes with too. I've also contacted Whipple but for now they aren't into giving away superchargers, hahha, I completely understand that. They did say they are offering the intercooled kit for the auto's though.

Either way I've got my tunes down for the auto, had a customer come by this weekend with a C&L kit and tune from a different vendor, I loaded up my normal C&L tune and put it on the dyno and from run 1 we had a perfect a/f ratio and great power for an auto, although we couldn't compare it to a stock run because he didnt have his airbox. The biggest thing was the converter didn't Unlock one time on the dyno and we backed it off and he drove off with the same tune loaded.

He was happy to say the least.

Thanks guys, Doug.
Old 2/21/07, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by atomic_il
I don't know why I didn't do it before, especially after reading praise after praise of Doug's tunes, but now I can add one myself.

HOLY HELL WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I had a brenspeed 93oct tune in before and ran pig rich. With Dougie's, I can feel quite a difference in hp and tq, and just overall pep.
Hmmmm...interesting. I have the Brenspeed 93oct tune in now w/ the C&L Racer. I'm going for a couple of dyno pulls this Saturday, so we'll see what the A/F shows about being rich. Is A/F something the user can adjust w/ the SCT2?
Old 2/21/07, 09:07 AM

W00T for Doug!!! I'm a BIG fanboy of BamaChips.

Doug has provided me with the best tunes AND ABSOLUTELY THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE POSSIBLE.

Thanks again Doug!
Old 2/21/07, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Doug904
Thanks guys!

I'm trying to round up some local Supercharged guys to work with my automatic tunes with too. I've also contacted Whipple but for now they aren't into giving away superchargers, hahha, I completely understand that. They did say they are offering the intercooled kit for the auto's though.
When I get that KB on i'll let you know. I'd like you to tune the car after I get EVERYTHING on. this is what I have for the blower now:

finally found my camera charger btw.
Old 2/21/07, 03:08 PM
GT Member

so you have all those parts just sitting on your garage floor... where did you say you live again?

my parts come so few and far between, that they usually get installed within hours of arrival.
Old 2/21/07, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sook
so you have all those parts just sitting on your garage floor... where did you say you live again?

my parts come so few and far between, that they usually get installed within hours of arrival.

garage? lol that's 2 feet from my bed. If it didn't cost so **** much in labor and I was way better at working on cars than I am now, I would do it myself. Otherwise, best leave it to the pros.
Old 2/21/07, 07:54 PM
Bullitt Member

doug really got my car running. 12.62 to 12.29 n/a just from the tune with no adjustments at that time. my original tune was done on the dyno so everything should have been spot on. i was amazed. he's absolutely the best tuner for the autos and probably the manuals too from what i've seen. he's really been working with me to try and get the most from my combination and his effort is greatly appreciated. i'm happy to have that bamachips sticker on the side of my car.
Old 2/21/07, 10:59 PM
GT Member

I have used both Doug's and Brent's 93 oct. tune,both seem about the same to me. It's funny how opinions change on here, awhile back serveral people were complaining Brent's tunes were too lean and now there too rich !