GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Done: SOS, Autometer, and Raptor instruments

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/07, 10:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Ok well since I posted last month about what mod to do next, and most of you pointed me in the direction that I wanted to go anyway (read: BLOWER!), I decided that I'd take advantage of some opportunities that I found right here on the TMS classifieds.

For a grand total of less than $385, I bought a Speed of Sound pillar pod, Autometer Cobalt fuel pressure and boost gauges, and a Raptor shift light with red LED's. These are in anticipation of installing a blower this spring. I'm waiting on the fuel rail adaptor to arrive to make the fuel pressure gauge install complete, but otherwise after a couple hours in the garage this morning and a couple of beers for breakfast, I'm ready to go.

I didn't take the additional time throughout the install to take photos, but if anyone needs help with wiring or install tips, just let me know.
Looks great! I think the Cobalt gauges are the perfect match for the stock gauge cluster. Now you need to get blown! Watching that boost/vac gauge never getting past zero just looks wierd.

That's funny that you installed gauges the same weekend I did! I guess great minds think alike!

Great price on all that too. I've got just about the same in mine, but I don't even have the Raptor light yet.
Old 1/8/07, 05:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks Brad! You're still way ahead of me on the amount of mods, but I may catch you someday!
Old 1/9/07, 12:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Thanks Brad! You're still way ahead of me on the amount of mods, but I may catch you someday!
Please feel free to catch and pass me in mods. I wish I could STOP!! I remember telling Stangnut two years ago after putting on the JLT CAI and tune that I was happy with the car and done modding it. I wrong I was!

Got the new clutch and flywheel going in this weekend, stocker is slipping....
Old 1/13/07, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Import-Slaya
Looks great--every time I see the blue, I regret not getting IUP.

It's not too late. I bought off the lot....no IUP. Went back to the dealer and had them upgrade the instrument cluster. As long as you have the wire harness in place, it's a piece of cake. Pull the dummy switch plug from the dash, where your MyColor switches would be, if you had it. If there's wires plugged into it, you're good to go! They can order the cluster and switch, takes about an hour to install.
Old 1/13/07, 12:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwJUICE
Did one today for a buddy of mine...

red- power (upper connector on brake pedal, red wire)

black - ground (bolt by one of the juntion boxes on left side by drivers foot)

green - white/red strip wire on the closest cylinders coil pack (color of wire varies depending on the coil wire you use, just dont use the red one)

piece of cake.

What coild did you use, I tried closest to the front, passenger side. Didnt work, not sure if its a bad light or I need to try a different cylinder. Too cold to try again right now+ rain
Old 1/13/07, 04:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisin
What coild did you use, I tried closest to the front, passenger side. Didnt work, not sure if its a bad light or I need to try a different cylinder. Too cold to try again right now+ rain

I used the passengside, closest to the firewall. Make sure you have the Raptor set for the correct amount of cylinders.
Old 1/13/07, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

YEah I double checked all the settings, Ill try another coil. thanks