GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Demolet tunable induction?

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/06, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demolet tunable induction?

I have been reading for months, just joined. cool site!!

Does anyone here have info on the Demolet tunable induction?
http://www.tunableinduction.com/0506GT.htm

It is priced right, and I like that it isnt metal, cause I live in Vegas and Heat Kills HP!!
Old 12/13/06, 11:21 PM

I guess not, huh?
Old 12/13/06, 11:36 PM
Cobra R Member

well I did have a link to the cold score test done by 5.0 magazine, it tested almost all of the well know cai's. It looks nice. If you are worried about the metal vs. plastic deal, temperatures have been taken from both metal and plastic cold air intakes not much difference at all in heat soak. But if you do decide to go plastic, C&L has a nice looking plastic that is putting out good numbers, s&b is plastic, and most notably the best hp gains are from a jlt plastic cai. Doug at bamachips has tunes for the c&l, and the jlt I am sure, the demolet I dont think is a big seller compared to the c&l and jlt. I bought the granatelli cai for looks, polished is awesome. So if you really want some info on all of these you may want to talk to doug at bamachips. Good luck bud.

Oh yah the link I was talking about doesnt work anymore, so the magazine article must have been pulled. sorry

p.s. Well did some research on the site, and found the new link here ya go.
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...ons/index.html
Old 12/14/06, 12:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sincitybronco

It is priced right, and I like that it isnt metal, cause I live in Vegas and Heat Kills HP!!
I have it. It works well but the tunes that come from Demolet are lousy. At least they were 6 months ago when I bought mine. Also the heat shield is pretty crude though that seems to be the case with most CAI's with some exceptions. My advice would be to contact Doug at Bamachips. He sells the TI and his tunes are in another world compared to the generic tunes from Demolet. Whichever CAI you choose, if you get it from Doug it will save you the cost of buying his tunes later on.
Old 12/14/06, 07:13 AM

I bought the Tunable Induction CAI through Brenspeed with the SCT tuner package. They recomended it to me. They also said all of the CAI's are very close in performance on a reletively stock car. The unit looks good. I haven't installed it because I may have to take the in for service soon, so I'm gonna wait. Whichever one you buy, I would buy it through a custom tuner house, because most of the magic seems to be in the tune.
Old 12/14/06, 09:50 AM

Thanks for the info!! I have a 650 Horse *****'s Jeep that I beat into the sand on weekends. I will be working on the stang next summer, I wanted to wait a year or so to see what products and tuners are the best.

everyone seems to think that Doug @ Bama chips is the man, he will be getting my business. I am also interested in the soon coming FAST intake. I am thinking about getting a used engine off E-bay, and stroking it, that way I can shrink wrap the original engine and put it back in someday for value.

The pros and cons of using a S/C are going thru my mind. I bulit the 327 in my Jeep to 650 HP without the supercharger, and it is a tourqe monster.
Old 12/14/06, 02:20 PM
Cobra Member

I also run the Titanium Tunable Induction Intake with SCT Tuner from Brenspeed, and I LOVE IT! If I had it to do over, I wouldn't change a thing.

Check it out...
www.brenspeed.com
Old 12/14/06, 08:33 PM
Former Vendor

GMS Does offer a CAI in plastic as well - however, it has been proven time in and time out that the metal intakes do not heat soak. Sure if the car sits there and never moves with the t-body blades shut the tube gets hot - however as soon as the blades open the air passing though the tube is the same as if the tube itself were plastic. -
Old 12/14/06, 10:42 PM

wow, coming from you, I will now rethink my Intake choices.

This is why i have waited a year to start upgrading, to get the opinions that count, and pick the right parts.
Old 12/15/06, 01:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
GMS Does offer a CAI in plastic as well - however, it has been proven time in and time out that the metal intakes do not heat soak. Sure if the car sits there and never moves with the t-body blades shut the tube gets hot - however as soon as the blades open the air passing though the tube is the same as if the tube itself were plastic. -
That's true. The intake air temp heats up at idle whether the intake is plastic or metal, heat shield or no.
Old 12/20/06, 05:42 PM
Former Vendor

have you seen Fuego yet

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/05mustang/fuegoflashtuner.htm
Old 12/20/06, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sincitybronco

Here is a link to my write up.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=55583

Tim
Old 6/3/07, 05:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Video - MY GT/CS on the dyno
This is a vid of my car with the 87 tune
Tunable Induction CAI off road h pipe & flowmasters
291 RWHP & 308 TQ
Old 6/3/07, 08:34 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, they are all about the same in performance because a CAI doesn't benefit much to begin with. The Tuner adds probably 90% of that HP you are seeing. Add cams and the picture changes a bit. Now, adding a FI system yes, you will see a bigger HP increase but I think the stock tube does a fine job already with minor mods. waste of $$ per HP gain IMHO.