GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Are coil-over's worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/07, 05:52 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are coil-over's worth it?

I planned on just doing Tokio shocks and then I got the good news that I will be getting my sisters SUV for work. So now I can lower my car and put some Nitto's or KDW's on there since it won't be a daily driver anymore.

My two choices are Tokio shocks and Steeda springs or a coil-over kit. I found a coil-over kit last week but I can't find the link again. I know coil-overs are a little more expensive, but if it's worth it then it's ok.

Regardless of the lowering method I will be getting CHE Upper Control Arms, Adj. Panhard Bar, & chamber plate/bolts. My mods are in my sig, the only other thing I will be adding in the near future is are 18x9.5 rims with 275/40 all the way around.
Old 2/22/07, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor

You have to ask yourself what you're going to use this vehicle for. If it's going to be a daily driver, and you're going to take it to the track every once and awhile, I reccomend Steeda Springs. You can do the Tokico shocks and the traction mods you mentioned, and have a killer ride.

If you want the full height adjustability for car shows, and dampening for setting up between road racing and drag racing and highway miles, go that way.

It all depends on what your use for them is.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/22/07, 06:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
You have to ask yourself what you're going to use this vehicle for. If it's going to be a daily driver, and you're going to take it to the track every once and awhile, I reccomend Steeda Springs. You can do the Tokico shocks and the traction mods you mentioned, and have a killer ride.

If you want the full height adjustability for car shows, and dampening for setting up between road racing and drag racing and highway miles, go that way.

It all depends on what your use for them is.

CR
Tillman Speed
I plan to use the car whenever I can . Car shows mean nothing to me and track use doesn't mean much. I'd like to try going to the track but that won't happen until she has her final setup. I just want to enjoy her any time it's not wet outside. My plan for the Steeda shocks was to go their middle of line spring.

My goal for this car is to beat my uncle's vette and my friends STi in as many areas as possible. Right now I can kill them in a straight line and I know I'll never beat 'em in corners, but I want to try.
Old 2/22/07, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor

I would go with the Sport Springs, a good set of shocks, maybe steeda's pro action non adjustable shocks. A good upgraded anti-roll package, some control arms, and panhard bar/brace.

I happen to have a special on the sport springs until next Wednesday. Group buy pricing is 219.99 shipped. If you do it in conjunction with the shocks, I can do it for 605.99 shipped.

Or you could do springs and panhard bar/brace first, and worry about shocks later. I have group buy pricing on that as well. PM me, or give me a call at the shop!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-5776
610-497-3736
Old 2/22/07, 09:07 PM

i like the whole double a-arm coil overs and eliminate the struts. and same with teh back with an irs suspension.
Old 2/23/07, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Thanx for all the info everyone. Now that it's nailed down to Steeda Springs and Tokico Shocks, I just need to figure the other parts that need to go in at the same time so the ride doesn't suffer from the drop.

I figure I can go without the Adj. Panhard bar for a month after the drop so I can save up for that later instead of a bunch of parts at once.
Old 2/23/07, 09:07 PM
Former Vendor

Let me know if you're interested, I have a great deal on those Steeda springs until the middle of next week. They're on sale for $229.99 shipped to the door rather than the typical 239.99 + shipping! Let me know!

CR
Tillman Speed