Change plugs and coils, but issue?

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/13, 03:17 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Corstang427

First time I did, second time no.
I extended my iac wires when I swapped over to the 01 engine. I had the battery connected. Wound up burning up the transistor in the pcm for the iac.. so now I need a pcm.. for now I just crimped the hose running to the iac to maintain an idle speed.
Old 7/7/13, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking

I extended my iac wires when I swapped over to the 01 engine. I had the battery connected. Wound up burning up the transistor in the pcm for the iac.. so now I need a pcm.. for now I just crimped the hose running to the iac to maintain an idle speed.
So what would you recommend. The car starts and idles. Just when you push the throttle it's not getting any air.
Old 7/7/13, 03:54 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

It should still get air. Unless your tb isn't working
Old 7/7/13, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's does, it's hard to explain... I can drive the car, but get on the throttle the check engine shows up and it's dies. I'll post a pic of the trouble code.

http://www.brenspeed.com/4fu139-096.html

Would the help? Do I need to get a new MAF sensor?
Old 7/7/13, 04:04 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

It's does, it's hard to explain... I can drive the car, but get on the throttle the check engine shows up and it's dies. I'll post a pic of the trouble code.

http://www.brenspeed.com/4fu139-096.html

Would the help? Do I need to get a new MAF sensor?
What exactly is the code number?
Might help me some.. im guessing you have no diagnostic equipment? Like an obd2 pid monitoring program?
Old 7/7/13, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have my SCT X3 tuner. I'll post the code later tonight when I go check on it. Hopefully it's not to expensive to fix :/ I'd like to have the car running this week. Btw with the long tubes and cat less x pipe the car sounds like a demon!
Old 7/7/13, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here is what I'm getting.
Attached Thumbnails Change plugs and coils, but issue?-image-1150099117.jpg  
Old 7/7/13, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is what I'm getting.
Its low voltage maybe due to high resistance or an open somewhere in circuit A if you have a dmm you can test that circuit and figure out where the problem is. You will have to test between connections on that circuit
Old 7/7/13, 10:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shaunrc

Its low voltage maybe due to high resistance or an open somewhere in circuit A if you have a dmm you can test that circuit and figure out where the problem is. You will have to test between connections on that circuit
I heat shrank everything. This is getting frustrating.. So basically test each of the 6 wires for voltage? My cousin did a good job soldering so I didn't think it was his fault. Here is basically what I did. Cut the extension from the Diablosport MAFia and soldered it to the stock wires. Didn't color match (they were different color than the stock). I'm willing to buy a new MAF if need be. Car needs to be done ASAP.
Old 7/7/13, 11:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I heat shrank everything. This is getting frustrating.. So basically test each of the 6 wires for voltage? My cousin did a good job soldering so I didn't think it was his fault. Here is basically what I did. Cut the extension from the Diablosport MAFia and soldered it to the stock wires. Didn't color match (they were different color than the stock). I'm willing to buy a new MAF if need be. Car needs to be done ASAP.
I would just go through each wire and test ohms and voltage. Ohms is just easier cause anything O.L is an open make sure you do it with the key off( no power ) and the maf disconnected
Old 7/8/13, 05:55 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Need to find out where the wires run if the pcm. Disconnect the pcm and maf. Then ohm the wires. But I dont think that's your issue. Are you 100% sure you have the correct wires connected to each other? Your on a factory maf now?
[QUOTE="shaunrc;6653415"]
Old 7/9/13, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Fixed the problem! Untapped the wires and traced them, I had the two gray wires in the wrong spot. (Face palm) rewired it and soldered them correctly, wrapped in electrical tape and now no Trouble code! car is better than ever! Thanks everyone for your support and advice. Been a long repair, but the car is back in business.
Old 7/9/13, 02:54 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Fixed the problem! Untapped the wires and traced them, I had the two gray wires in the wrong spot. (Face palm) rewired it and soldered them correctly, wrapped in electrical tape and now no Trouble code! car is better than ever! Thanks everyone for your support and advice. Been a long repair, but the car is back in business.
will get you every time!
Old 7/9/13, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking

will get you every time!
Yes, the only difference in the wires was a red stripe. Lol oh well live and learn. Just glad that was the problem and not a bad MAF or something else.