GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Car Hesitates.....wtf?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/05, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was driving on the highway yesterday with the A/C on and I needed to pass someone, so I downshifted and tromped on it. The car didn't f*****g move. It bogged down, and then took off. At first I thought I may have hit the brake pedal too, but I downshifted again and it bogged down again. I was pissed the entire drive up north. I did it a few more times and it bogged.

I decided to try with the A/C off.......and it didn't bog. Then I turned the A/C back on and tried it again and it didn't bog. Anyone else experience this?

5-Speed if that makes a diff.
Old 5/29/05, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DaTT(1sK)@May 29, 2005, 8:49 AM
I was driving on the highway yesterday with the A/C on and I needed to pass someone, so I downshifted and tromped on it. The car didn't f*****g move. It bogged down, and then took off. At first I thought I may have hit the brake pedal too, but I downshifted again and it bogged down again. I was pissed the entire drive up north. I did it a few more times and it bogged.

I decided to try with the A/C off.......and it didn't bog. Then I turned the A/C back on and tried it again and it didn't bog. Anyone else experience this?

5-Speed if that makes a diff.

Have you reflashed the ECU with a performance tune??? If not the what your feeling is Ford's electronic nanny "Torque Management". It's designed to protect the drive line from any excessive abuse. A performance tune from Diablosport or SCT will fix the problem.
Old 5/29/05, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

The ECU has not been reflashed......but it may have to be. Are we sure about this? I shouldn't go in screamin at my dealer?
Old 5/29/05, 11:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Unfortunately, StangFreak is 100% correct. The same thing happenned to me during my first week of ownership. If you try to go to WOT from idle the computer will interfere. The re-flash will cure what ails you!
Old 5/29/05, 11:35 AM
Cobra Member

I had it happen last week while turning from the main highway to a secondary highway for a millisecond. Its the first and only time and yes the a/c was on.
Old 5/29/05, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DaTT(1sK)@May 29, 2005, 1:08 PM
The ECU has not been reflashed......but it may have to be. Are we sure about this? I shouldn't go in screamin at my dealer?

Positive, check out some of the other links in the forum about this issue. My car is on order and one of the mods I will have waiting for it when it comes in is a Diablosport Preditor tuner to get rid of the drive by wire hesitation. Another plus is it gives you about 15 - 20 additional rwhp over stock. The other is SLP's Loud Mouth axle back exhaust so my neighbors can enjoy my new car too!!!
Old 5/29/05, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wsmatau@May 29, 2005, 1:22 PM
Unfortunately, StangFreak is 100% correct. The same thing happenned to me during my first week of ownership. If you try to go to WOT from idle the computer will interfere. The re-flash will cure what ails you!
I wasn't going from a idle....I was driving at about 120km/h and downshifted to 4th to get passed some dude. I hope it was your talking about. I will have to consider getting a flash done....soon!
Old 5/29/05, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DaTT(1sK)@May 29, 2005, 3:44 PM
I wasn't going from a idle....I was driving at about 120km/h and downshifted to 4th to get passed some dude. I hope it was your talking about. I will have to consider getting a flash done....soon!

Doesn't matter if its from idle or on a roll. If the ECU senses too high a load on the drive train it will back down the timing or restrict the throttle input to protect the drive line. If it makes you feel better take the car back to your dealer and let them look at it. If they say nothing is wrong then you know what you have read here is the answer. If they find some thing wrong then you saved your self the cash to buy the Preditor Tuner. Either way you can't loose!!!

Jim