GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Cant afford supercharger so going NA

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/11, 06:18 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Corstang427
Has anyone bought this system? Will it hurt that's its non intercooled?
Talk to Five oh Brian I think he had the non-intercooled Vortech on his and had some pretty impressive results.
Old 4/4/11, 11:00 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you kidding me? With cams, intake manifold, tv, and cold air intake I'll only be at 315rwhp?!? What the hell!! That's not worth 3 grand
I think maybe your expectations are a little unrealistic. Consider that the stock GT probably only puts 270-275 ponies to the rear wheels: your talking about 30-40 horsepower gain at the tires. That seems pretty good for naturally aspirated. I'm planning about the same for my car this summer. However, FRPP has the top end HP kit for about 3800 dollars, which includes cams, ported heads, intake, and TB. Their claim is with long tubes and this set up, 440hp at the crank at 7k rpm. Assuming 15% driveline loss and you're looking at about 375 rwhp.....of course, that's just the kit cost; unless you install it yourself, plan on about 2k for installation...I've been asking around, and you may get a better deal. That's the other thing to think about: if you don't plan on doing the work yourself, make sure you allow for install costs, and chances are they will be pretty pricey........
Old 4/4/11, 11:10 AM
Bullitt Member

The ford dealer by me wanted $3,500 to install that top end kit. That included a new dyno tune as well. It seemed way to high for me. If im goin to drop almost $7500 i might as well throw a blower on mine and have gas money left over.
Old 4/4/11, 11:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just save up for a supercharger you will have to take off some of the bolt on's anyway.
I bought a procharger and parting the rest together, not done yet but I won't be over 4k when I'm done with the whole thing.

also you can install most SC kits yourself if you have some tools, I plan to install the kit myself, not that hard.
Old 4/4/11, 11:21 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Gtpony325
The ford dealer by me wanted $3,500 to install that top end kit. That included a new dyno tune as well. It seemed way to high for me. If im goin to drop almost $7500 i might as well throw a blower on mine and have gas money left over.
A guy has to really be committed to N/A to go that route, I'm thinkin'. Dealer here quoted me 2k to install the same kit, but that's also sans headers, which is part of the HP equation.......not that it wouldn't make some decent power without headers.
I happen to be that kind of committed, I'm just torn as to whether I want heads now or later....
I pieced together a kit with headers, TB, intake, cams and limiters, and catted x to boot, for about 2500. I really like the top end kit EXCEPT for the plastic intake; I want the JPC cast intake. However, CNC heads alone are 1600 apiece, so if going that route, might as well go the whole thing....
Decisions, decisions.........
Old 4/4/11, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like supercharging is the way to go. It's apparently cheaper and more power
Old 4/4/11, 02:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here ya go...375whp w/ a competent tune...

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com...m-fr4-s197.htm
Old 4/4/11, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ghost

A guy has to really be committed to N/A to go that route, I'm thinkin'. Dealer here quoted me 2k to install the same kit, but that's also sans headers, which is part of the HP equation.......not that it wouldn't make some decent power without headers.
I happen to be that kind of committed, I'm just torn as to whether I want heads now or later....
I pieced together a kit with headers, TB, intake, cams and limiters, and catted x to boot, for about 2500. I really like the top end kit EXCEPT for the plastic intake; I want the JPC cast intake. However, CNC heads alone are 1600 apiece, so if going that route, might as well go the whole thing....
Decisions, decisions.........
I have heard mixed reviews about that jpc cast intake. Alot of people have said that once it gets hot under the hood you are pulling nothing but hot air through it due to the fact that it is aluminum. Wether or notthat is true is beyond me because i personally dont know of anybody that owns one. But i cant imagine that if it didnt work that they would still have it on the market.
Old 4/4/11, 03:24 PM
Dez
GT Member

Has anyone bought this system? Will it hurt that's its non intercooled?
i know it's not the exact blower you were talking about here, but i have Brenspeed's vortech v3 HO kit (the 10 psi with the aftercooler), brenspeed detroit rocker blower cams, CMDPs, long tubes and mufflers. Made 477 WHP on a Mustang dyno. (mustang dyno's read lower than dynojet in case you didnt know.) the dynojet conversion number the computer gave us was 520 whp. and that's through a auto...

my car is also a daily driver, drive 15 mins to and from work every day, and whatever around town driving i do for the day. car is 07 and has 62000 miles on it. i've had no problems out of it. so the 8psi kit should easy hit your goal of 415 whp reliably
Old 4/4/11, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I found a standard procharger kit on stage3motorsports for $4600
Old 4/4/11, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gtpony325
I have heard mixed reviews about that jpc cast intake. Alot of people have said that once it gets hot under the hood you are pulling nothing but hot air through it due to the fact that it is aluminum. Wether or notthat is true is beyond me because i personally dont know of anybody that owns one. But i cant imagine that if it didnt work that they would still have it on the market.
That sounds about right, similar to the heat soak that occurs to roots superchargers.
Old 4/4/11, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by harristotle

That sounds about right, similar to the heat soak that occurs to roots superchargers.
Im just not sure how you would counter act the heat soak?? I know that tgey say that the bbk cold air and even the ford racing cold air intake are partial to heat soak. But i have and airaid cold air anf i know that even though my tube is plastic it still gets pretty hot. But
Like i said before if heat soak was really an issue i dont think it would be as popular as it is.
Old 4/5/11, 12:31 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought my complete paxton 2200 kit used from brenspeed for around $2,500 and it was a killer kit. Maybe you could find a good used kit?
Old 4/5/11, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
I bought my complete paxton 2200 kit used from brenspeed for around $2,500 and it was a killer kit. Maybe you could find a good used kit?
How did you find out about it?
Old 4/5/11, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Another optin you have is to go turbo. I believe there is a kit floating qaround for about 2500$....If you look in the s197 forums, I believe a few there have installed the system and like it.

Since you have a tuner already, you would be good to go. Look around for the name of the kit.
Old 4/5/11, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd rather go with that paxton supercharger if I can get the details on how soniceboost obtained it. That's a perfect price
Old 4/5/11, 11:03 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd rather go with that paxton supercharger if I can get the details on how soniceboost obtained it. That's a perfect price
Pretty much every mustang site has a for sale and items wanted section, check them out. Also, I was in the market for a blower as you are and a member on this forum messaged me about the kit from Brenspeed (Brenspeed took the Paxton kit off a customers car to put a turbo in). I called them and purchased the used Paxton kit. I guess its all about searching and time, good deals always come about

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 4/5/11 at 11:08 PM.
Old 4/9/11, 07:57 AM
Dez
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ninjak
Another optin you have is to go turbo. I believe there is a kit floating qaround for about 2500$....If you look in the s197 forums, I believe a few there have installed the system and like it.

Since you have a tuner already, you would be good to go. Look around for the name of the kit.
Sounds like you are talking about on3performance.com