GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Can a CAI damage Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/06, 08:11 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Well excuse my inability, to read you're mind..If I had known that you used to work at a Ford dealership..I wouldn't have bothered to explain anything, that you didn't need to begin with..The bottom line, is this..I responded to you're post, because I was under the impression, you were looking for support..Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered wasting my time, in the first place..And although, I may be guilty of taking things too serious, at times..At least, I know how to show my appreciation, whenever someone is trying to provide their support..However, if you don't need any advice..Then perhaps, you shouldn't ask for any, to begin with...As for my statement about, wishing you the very best of luck, was concerned..That was meant as a figure of speech and was also, another way of providing support..However, you can do whatever you want, with it.. as far as I'm concerned..
Relax. It's O.K.
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
Remember other people than me read these post and you are helping everyone when you give accurate information such as you did.
I usually use one of these "?" question mark thingys at the end of a sentence when I am asking a question. I have not used them in this thread.
You don't have to read my mind to tell I have dealership experience, read some of my posts.
I really do appreciate it when people try to help. Don't get me wrong.
Grandma Karman always said," I'd rather be lucky than good any day". I think she has blessed me with luck, that's all.
"Thank you for your support." is also an old joke from a very popular TV ad back in the 70's. It was meant to be friendly not sarcastic.
Old 7/3/06, 05:53 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,797 Posts
Originally Posted by karman
Relax. It's O.K.
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
Remember other people than me read these post and you are helping everyone when you give accurate information such as you did.
I usually use one of these "?" question mark thingys at the end of a sentence when I am asking a question. I have not used them in this thread.
You don't have to read my mind to tell I have dealership experience, read some of my posts.
I really do appreciate it when people try to help. Don't get me wrong.
Grandma Karman always said," I'd rather be lucky than good any day". I think she has blessed me with luck, that's all.
"Thank you for your support." is also an old joke from a very popular TV ad back in the 70's. It was meant to be friendly not sarcastic.
As I previously stated..I was just offering my support, to a fellow enthusiast and forum member..What they choose, to do with that support, is completely up to them..Therefore, it's not that my feelings were hurt.. I just misunderstood and took what you had said, in the wrong way, that's all...
Old 7/6/06, 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
As I previously stated..I was just offering my support, to a fellow enthusiast and forum member..
I appreciated what you had to say. I had heard that the dealer could not void your warranty w/out proof that a certain part did damage.

I had not, however, heard that an engineer confirmed there is no way they know if you have flashed the computer or not.
Old 7/6/06, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shea
I appreciated what you had to say. I had heard that the dealer could not void your warranty w/out proof that a certain part did damage.

I had not, however, heard that an engineer confirmed there is no way they know if you have flashed the computer or not.
I thought there was some sort of history stored in the computer, and they could tell that way. That's why many people on these boards disconnect the battery before going in for service -clears the history. Am I wrong?
Old 7/6/06, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Shea

Yes, that's correct..In fact, I spoke with 2 of Ford's field service engineer's, who did confirm this and they also stated that, if any Ford dealership claims otherwise, they are dead wrong..They both also confirmed, that according to the Magnuson-moss act, it's illegal for any dealership to void a factory warranty, unless it's proven, that an aftermarket part or parts, was responsible for the warranted parts failure..
Old 7/6/06, 04:16 PM

A dealer, may be able to tell that you've accessed the PCM, but they cannot tell, what changes were performed.. From what the field engineer's have said..All you need to do, is either drive 50 miles or so, after reflashing back to stock, and it will erase the code, or you can just tell the dealer, that you disconnected the battery...Either way, they cannot prove, what you actually did to the PCM, so don't allow these dealerships, to intimidate you..