GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

C&L Intake and Diablo Predator Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/05, 12:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by HOTLAP@February 21, 2005, 9:19 AM
Jay - great numbers!! Question - you are at about 300rwhp - from others posts I had thought this was attainable with just the CAI + Tune (91 octane).....shouldn't your headers/exhaust system add more hp? I ask because I was planning on getting the new Magnaflow "X" pipe with high flow cats (+19rwhp) - but won't spend the $500.00 if it really doesn't add anything???

By the way - thanks :worship: :worship: for waiting on the mods so you could give us a baseline pull 1st - curious what the pre-CAI numbers were?

b

I was very limited on time at the Dyno on friday. Between work, and this monsoon weather rut we seem to be stuck with . I was lucky just to make it to the speed shop! I only had time to make two pull's, and decided I wanted to use my time to look at all my mod's on the Dyno together. I wanted to make adjustment's for power and ensure everythig was safe and working well with one another.

Bottom line: My Mod's have produced solid gain's. With a tune, intake and exaust mod's I came in at 304.1 RWHP and 325.3 RWTQ. If you consider the average Dyno-Jet #'s (258 RWHP/280 RWTQ) that's a 46.1 RWHP gain and a 45.3 RWTQ gain. Now that's an "Honest" gain that I am very happy with. My Dyno sheet is clear and seem's to "Jive" with other dyno sheet's with similar mod's i.e. torque curve ect.

To ansewer your question Hotlap, IMO you will not reach 300 RWHP with a CIA & Tune alone. What I have done is optimized the intake and exaust system's and brought it all together with a good tune. Next I will optimize the head's (port, polish & flow), then a cam change, and throttle body ect. I want to see 400+ RWHP naturally aspirated, and I feel like I'm definatley on the right track!
Old 2/21/05, 12:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dhof303@February 21, 2005, 10:18 AM
Justin, I am very impressed with your dyno results. Your success has forced me to make another trip to the dyno after my latest mods. The long tubes from JBA are AWESOME! I can't even get a street race now from any roadworthy street car in my town, noone wants a piece of this car, even though I think it sounds way faster than it really is. Keep up the good work.
The header's do sound awsome!! Combine that with the added growl of the C&L Intake and Diablo tune and WOW!!!

I understand what your saying about "worthy" apponent's not steping up to the plate! Fartcans and camero's have all but gave up! I guess the F-Body guy's talk too, and it ain't lookin good for them! Corvette's are the only one's who will play still, and the newest one (C-6?) are a handful...but I'm workin on it!

You should get some real good numer's too!! Our car's are set up very similar minus the CIA & Tune. It should be an interesting comparison. Are you going to Dyno on a Dyno-Jet? That would be great, also what is your alltitude?
Old 2/21/05, 12:24 PM

Justin, I have been making pulls on a Dynojet and my altitude is 1300ft above sea level. When I made my pull I was getting 273rwhp and 293rwtq with only my MMR intake installed, I had a check engine light on and have no numbers to compare to in stock configuration without the intake. The dyno tech also informed me that the car was way rich from 1500 rpm up to 6000.
Old 2/21/05, 12:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dhof303@February 21, 2005, 1:27 PM
Justin, I have been making pulls on a Dynojet and my altitude is 1300ft above sea level. When I made my pull I was getting 273rwhp and 293rwtq with only my MMR intake installed, I had a check engine light on and have no numbers to compare to in stock configuration without the intake. The dyno tech also informed me that the car was way rich from 1500 rpm up to 6000.
That pull was with no tune? I would have thought you would run lean with just the MMR Intake. My altitude is 2100 ft., with 100% humidity.The altitude I can't change but I expect a little better #'s on a dry, normal Las Vegas day. When are you heading back to the Dyno with Header's, Tune ect.? Those number's I want to see....Try to hold off on your pullies till after a pull set up like mine (different Intake/ Tune).
Old 2/21/05, 01:15 PM
GT Member

Vegasjay, do you think you could post some pictures of the powdercoated setup? By the way, awesome numbers.
Old 2/21/05, 01:44 PM

That pull was with no tune? I would have thought you would run lean with just the MMR Intake. My altitude is 2100 ft., with 100% humidity.The altitude I can't change but I expect a little better #'s on a dry, normal Las Vegas day. When are you heading back to the Dyno with Header's, Tune ect.? Those number's I want to see....Try to hold off on your pullies till after a pull set up like mine (different Intake/ Tune).
[/quote]

Justin, the car was probably too rich becuase the computer sensed the air flow was increased and it attempted to adjust to keep the motor running safely. Ken at Modular depot informed me about this and recommended that I remove the MMR until I could tune for it with the SCT. I have ordered pullies already, I will see what I can do about getting a pull before the install but as you know pulls are expensive and I need them to give me all the numbers I can, I am sure you understand. Come to think of it why don't you order some pullies and then re-pull and we can compare , if we only had an unlimited supply of money!
Old 2/21/05, 02:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dhof303,February 21, 2005, 2:47 PM
Justin, the car was probably too rich becuase the computer sensed the air flow was increased and it attempted to adjust to keep the motor running safely. Ken at Modular depot informed me about this and recommended that I remove the MMR until I could tune for it with the SCT. I have ordered pullies already, I will see what I can do about getting a pull before the install but as you know pulls are expensive and I need them to give me all the numbers I can, I am sure you understand. Come to think of it why don't you order some pullies and then re-pull and we can compare , if we only had an unlimited supply of money!
[/quote]

You got that right. Mabey I'll do that....
Old 2/21/05, 07:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2005 Black GT@February 21, 2005, 2:18 PM
Vegasjay, do you think you could post some pictures of the powdercoated setup? By the way, awesome numbers.
I'll try to get a picture for you in the next day or two.
Old 2/21/05, 08:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay+February 21, 2005, 1:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 21, 2005, 1:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dhof303@February 21, 2005, 10:18 AM
Justin, I am very impressed with your dyno results. Your success has forced me to make another trip to the dyno after my latest mods. The long tubes from JBA are AWESOME! I can't even get a street race now from any roadworthy street car in my town, noone wants a piece of this car, even though I think it sounds way faster than it really is. Keep up the good work.
The header's do sound awsome!! Combine that with the added growl of the C&L Intake and Diablo tune and WOW!!!

I understand what your saying about "worthy" apponent's not steping up to the plate! Fartcans and camero's have all but gave up! I guess the F-Body guy's talk too, and it ain't lookin good for them! Corvette's are the only one's who will play still, and the newest one (C-6?) are a handful...but I'm workin on it!

You should get some real good numer's too!! Our car's are set up very similar minus the CIA & Tune. It should be an interesting comparison. Are you going to Dyno on a Dyno-Jet? That would be great, also what is your alltitude?
[/b][/quote]

Its funny you mention that about the C6...my pops and I are racing on grudge night april 8th. This is why I've been modding my car so much so I can try and keep up with him . He has an automatic which comes with 327s and has emailed me timeslips in the mid 12s. After my new exhaust is put on and some serious slicks, I hope to give him a run for his money I've seen some cars with my set up get in the mid twelves so....I probably don't have a chance but it has been great fun talking smack the last couple of months Here's a pic of me behind the wheel after we Zainoed it all day....
Old 2/22/05, 10:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2k5pony+February 21, 2005, 9:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2k5pony @ February 21, 2005, 9:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Vegasjay@February 21, 2005, 1:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dhof303
@February 21, 2005, 10:18 AM

Its funny you mention that about the C6...my pops and I are racing on grudge night april 8th. This is why I've been modding my car so much so I can try and keep up with him . He has an automatic which comes with 327s and has emailed me timeslips in the mid 12s. After my new exhaust is put on and some serious slicks, I hope to give him a run for his money I've seen some cars with my set up get in the mid twelves so....I probably don't have a chance but it has been great fun talking smack the last couple of months Here's a pic of me behind the wheel after we Zainoed it all day....
[/b][/quote]

Yep, those are the one's that are a handful... Not for long MuHahahhaha.... BTW: Nice car!
Old 2/24/05, 12:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Vegasjay

Let us know if the updated C&L Tuner program is any different than what you started out with. Lee told me that you got the update. He said that the newer version gives more umph! How different are the changes?
Old 2/24/05, 09:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 38special@February 24, 2005, 1:36 PM
Vegasjay

Let us know if the updated C&L Tuner program is any different than what you started out with. Lee told me that you got the update. He said that the newer version gives more umph! How different are the changes?
The new tune definately "feels" better! It also feels smother. The best part is my check engine light is off, finally! I will be going back to the dyno in a week or so, and post the new #'s. Feeling real strong and very quick!
Old 2/25/05, 05:29 AM
Cobra R Member

When mine arrive @ Tuesday, it will have the update, so I'm glad you could tell the difference.
Old 2/25/05, 06:13 AM

Man Justin, your are putting out some great numbers! I was talking with Chris from Blow-By as well about the port and polish. If they get 30-40 hp out of their heads, I will be getting this done as well. I need to get my exhaust done as well.
I see that you have the Magnapaks. Do you have a lot of that crackling sound upon deacceleration. I'm unsure what axle-back to go with. I will be getting the JBA longtubes as well. Your car is looking and performing great!
Old 2/25/05, 10:34 AM
GT Member

Man, VegasJay, you're my hero!

Keep on going!!

You have to give tours of your car when it's done. I'm sure a lot of us who go to Vegas often would love to see and HEAR it...
Old 2/26/05, 01:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 169stang+February 25, 2005, 7:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(169stang @ February 25, 2005, 7:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Man Justin, your are putting out some great numbers! I was talking with Chris from Blow-By as well about the port and polish. If they get 30-40 hp out of their heads, I will be getting this done as well. I need to get my exhaust done as well.
I see that you have the Magnapaks. Do you have a lot of that crackling sound upon deacceleration. I'm unsure what axle-back to go with. I will be getting the JBA longtubes as well. Your car is looking and performing great!
[/b]

I spoke with Chris as well. If they can prove thier number's I'm on board too. This is definately a must for my goal of 400RWHP, naturaly asperated to be obtained. I also want to cam it, to get a "lopey" sound. , and throw in some flat top forged H/C piston's as well. With the Magna-Pak's out back the exaust note is wicked to put it mildly! :shock: On decel there is a "crackling", but it sound's great. It sound's like an oldschool muscle car runnin hot! With this set up drone is not an issue, as it's so loud you dont hear the "drone"! If you are looking for a pure, loud, hot rod sound this is it, nothing else I've heard here is even close to this sound. Which isn't to say there's not good sounding exaust on here, because there is. I just wanted to capture that raw, "oldschool" sound. I wish I could post it, but I am computer "stupid". :bang: I would need to know what equipment to buy, and step-by-step instruction's, and even then I'm not sure it would capture the note in all it's glory? BTW: You are going to LOVE the longtube's!

<!--QuoteBegin-sundeep
@February 25, 2005, 11:37 AM
Man, VegasJay, you're my hero!

Keep on going!!

You have to give tours of your car when it's done. I'm sure a lot of us who go to Vegas often would love to see and HEAR it...
[/quote]

Come on by! I'll give you the "nickle" tour.