GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

C&L CAI and SCT 3 Tune Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 12/25/07, 11:10 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C&L CAI and SCT 3 Tune Install Help

Ok so I just got some goodies for xmas for my 2007 Mustang GT. Before I do the install is there anything I need to do with the tuner before I upload a tune.

How do I save the original tune thats on the car?

Is there any issues that anyone has had while installing this that I should be aware of?

I have heard a few people say the intake tube can crack?

ALso I have all 93 tunes, right now I have 87 octane in there. SHould I empty it before I install?

ANy help or links that anyone can send me would be helpful.
Old 12/25/07, 11:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Matt,

Install is pretty simple and straight fwd. I havent heard of the intake tube cracking before, but I have heard of people over tightening the clamp causing the tube to bow. Just put the clamps on and tighten them up and keep tightening until you cant wiggle the intake tube any longer. Then just periodically check to make sure they are still tight..

The stock tune will be uploaded to your tuner before you can download the custom tune. Total time for upload/download is about 7-10 mins.

Here is a tip. It doesnt say you need to, but I proved them wrong with my X3. Each time you are going to download a new tune to your car (ie, updated tune from the person doing your tunes), make sure you return it to stock first. If you dont, there is a good chance your stock tune will be over-written by whatever tune you were running. (ie, 93 race race over writes your stock tune, now your stock tune is really your 93 race tune).

Also, if you are going to program in your 93 tune, then run all of your 87 octane out first. I ran mine down to pretty much nothing, filled up with 92, then ran out a few gallons, went back, filled up, then installed my intake and programmed in my 92 tune.

I would of suggested getting atleast a 89 tune, incase you go somewhere where they dont have 93 octane, but thats just me.

Im sure you also know this, but dont run your car with the intake and stock tune.

Hope that helped a little.
Old 12/25/07, 07:34 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude I really appreciate this, thanks alot