GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Brenspeed question v. Vortec S/C base kit

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/09, 10:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least I didn't say anything about helping you put your crank in.

Megumi said when I made a centri supercharger whistle that it sounded more like wasted money going out the door than a supercharger. *ouch*
Old 1/5/09, 10:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwJUICE

At least I didn't say anything about helping you put your crank in.

Megumi said when I made a centri supercharger whistle that it sounded more like wasted money going out the door than a supercharger. *ouch*
Ouch...
Old 1/5/09, 08:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey Jake, it's been a while man......

You can call and talk to Brent, Dave, or Seth at Brenspeed regarding their base kit. Or you could get into a twinscrew Saleen pretty cheap, intercooled too. I know a dude that's selling one in the classifieds with various pullies, upgraded heat exchanger, etc. for that $3800 price range.
Old 1/5/09, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've looked at the ole budget just to doublecheck my numbers before I pull the trigger and i't be cutting the budget too tight at this time.

I've opted for cams most likely.

I have a buddy that will bring his aircompressor down and someone on tms said they would loan me the two tools if i paid for shipping both directions (which is awesome considering we dont know each other) and then it's just a uhaul tow to a shop to tune.

I only really a few bills to pay and then I can go all out on a s/c and bottom end.

I want - s/c, bottom end, cam in that order but might have to consider doing it in reverse order as money will free up later and in greater supply.

This sucks.. I was pretty excited last night and today till I ran the bills through the calculator.

I love my lifestyle right now (paying cash for everything) and not having to worry about where my next meal is coming from. I don't want to sacrafic that much but it will get better later.

I've been at this point before.. and it bites.