58.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Borla vs FRPP

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/07, 07:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wsmatau
Are you saying his comment about who warrants the products is wrong, or that they are indeed two different products?
They are both made by Borla, but David Borla said they do not support the FRPP 5GTs even though they are made by Borla. According to him, the only way to get the Borla warranty is by buying the actual Borla axle-backs. There was a very recent thread on Stangnet discussing this. FRPP does not provide any warranties nor do they make any of their products. This may have been a recent change in Borla's policy
Old 3/17/07, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
Read the quote
Answer the question...because it is not clear from what you have written
Old 3/17/07, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
They are both made by Borla, but David Borla said they do not support the FRPP 5GTs even though they are made by Borla. According to him, the only way to get the Borla warranty is by buying the actual Borla axle-backs. There was a very recent thread on Stangnet discussing this. FRPP does not provide any warranties nor do they make any of their products. This may have been a recent change in Borla's policy
Thanks Metro. I've stayed away from StangNet for a while now because every topic tended to turn into a Bi***fest between anyone that disagreed. Of course the solution to that is finding good moderators that don't go overboard controlling what is written. evidently that is hard to find as well.
Old 3/17/07, 10:07 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Borla has a great product both in quality and sound. The one thing to keep in mind is that one has to have the mind set as if everytime the ignition key is turned on the car is at the track, and like it.
Old 3/17/07, 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Borla has a great product both in quality and sound. The one thing to keep in mind is that one has to have the mind set as if everytime the ignition key is turned on the car is at the track, and like it.
Well, I like all the clips I've heard of the Borla/FRPP. I am on the fence between them and the Corsas, but I prefer the deeper tone of the Borlas (and the lack of drone on the Corsas... ).
I really wish I could find a combo that sounded close to my old 5.0 Bassani setup but I haven't hear one even close yet.
I guess I'll try the FRPP and if the drone bothers me I'll just sell them and buy the Corsas.
Old 3/17/07, 12:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wsmatau
Well, I like all the clips I've heard of the Borla/FRPP. I am on the fence between them and the Corsas, but I prefer the deeper tone of the Borlas (and the lack of drone on the Corsas... ).
I really wish I could find a combo that sounded close to my old 5.0 Bassani setup but I haven't hear one even close yet.
I guess I'll try the FRPP and if the drone bothers me I'll just sell them and buy the Corsas.
If you're already worrying about drone... trust me... get the Corsas.
Old 3/17/07, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
If you're already worrying about drone... trust me... get the Corsas.
Thanks for the input. I've read all your other well laid out posts. I think I am a little more tolerant than some people of drone but I really don't know for sure with this car. Plus, I have a manual and most of those guys say they just downshift if they are not in the mood to listen to it. Beside that I intend to go FI as soon as the warranty runs out (September) and I'm sure that will effect the sound as well.

That's the downside to these forums....you don't know if people are expecting too much or if you are talking to a hardcore racer that can't hear anyway...lol.
I figure it is worth the $100 I'll lose on reselling a set of mufflers.