GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Borla Vs. Flowmasters

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/06, 10:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

After installing forum membrs (Kilmar) FRPP/Borla Stingers last night in the bitter cold, I decided to grab the digi cam and do a comparison video of the Borla's Vs. Flowmasters!

Enjoy the video everyone!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Hope this helps everyone with their big debate between these two exhausts!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Enjoy the Borla's Kilmar! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Borla Vs. Flowmasters</span>

<span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">VS. </span>
Old 2/19/06, 10:25 AM
GT Member

It's hard to say which one I like better, but one thing is for sure, that is the best way to figure out what kind of exhaust you like best. It's so much easier to tell the difference when you get to hear two differenet exhausts back to back in the same clip. Nice work. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 10:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well that video pretty much explains why I have Borlas!
Old 2/19/06, 10:37 AM
Cobra R Member

yep me too borla is the deeper tone, flowmasters higher pitched. The Bassani I had on my 05 was more like the flowmasters, but louder with a xpipe and comp cats. I personally like the borla's without any other modifications to the exhaust.
Old 2/19/06, 10:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting. My ears say the Flows have the deeper tone with the Borla's having an almost raspy sound at higher rpm. But other folks hear the Borla's as having the deeper tone.

That is the beautiful thing about a free market: we each get to buy what WE like best!
Old 2/19/06, 10:58 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AS far as 05's go there is no comparision. Borla's sound a little more than twice as good as the flow's. Sorry for anybody that has flow's and I am not trying to be a hiney but the flow's are weak on the 05. I like it deep and loud!!!

Borla and slp
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 10:59 AM
V6 Member

I want to thank Maverick for the install. I neither had the garage, tools, or know-how to do it and he was kind enough to offer. He definitely went above and beyond helping me yesterday considering it was about 20 degrees fahrenheit [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img].

It was awesome meeting up with everybody and checking out their rides. Thanks goes out to everyone I met up with. I apologized for being late. Chalk it up to a city boy going out to farmland country.

I LOVE the new Borlas. They sound great! Nice deep rumble, and a bit louder than the stock. I was a bit surprised about the drone as I hadn't read up much about it, but now I definitely know what it is [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]. Nothing I couldn't live work. I kind of grew to like it on the drive home!

Now, I (im)patiently await the JLT II, XCal-2 and Doug's tunes to arrive...
Old 2/19/06, 11:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Put in 4:10 gears next and the drone will disappear! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eclipsee_steering.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 11:06 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

[quote name='Kilmar' date='February 19, 2006, 10:02 AM' post='646036']
=I LOVE the new Borlas. They sound great! Nice deep rumble, and a bit louder than the stock. I was a bit surprised about the drone as I hadn't read up much about it, but now I definitely know what it is [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]. Nothing I couldn't live work. I kind of grew to like it on the drive home!

Get an h-pipe and those thing's will sound killer!!!
Old 2/19/06, 11:06 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GRAYPNY @ February 19, 2006, 1:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Put in 4:10 gears next and the drone will disappear! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eclipsee_steering.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

You read my mind! Putting in FRPP 4.10, Steeda Pulley, and probably Steeda Springs in as SOON as I find a respectable Performance Shop in the NYC area.
Old 2/19/06, 11:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, thanks guys !! FRP Borla hands down (well, to my ears anyways). And just in the nick of time too.....I took the plunge last week and they arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday. Now if I could just get the Chief to add these to my Crown Vic, I'd be in paradise......24 hr/day Borlas [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 01:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Was very pleased doing the Borla's for Kilmar, came into a little problem doing the exhaust on his convertible because they added a few things to the rear end portion and it was somewhat hard to get to some bolts I needed to undo to drop the exhaust down. They added a bracket inbetween the area where the spare wheel and the frame and it was just a lil impossible to get to that one bolt, vs. my coupe that didnt have that bracket. But I guess it was needed for the convert to make up for the missing roof. I should of taken a pic of it if anyone with a convert/coupe was confused. But overall, got it done and they sounded amazing and belive it or not, had no fitment issues, didn't have to adjust anything or bend any hangers.
Old 2/19/06, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I liked the Borlas also, so did my wife. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Have to check into a pair of those. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 02:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Original Sin @ February 19, 2006, 1:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wow, thanks guys !! FRP Borla hands down (well, to my ears anyways). And just in the nick of time too.....I took the plunge last week and they arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday. Now if I could just get the Chief to add these to my Crown Vic, I'd be in paradise......24 hr/day Borlas [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Oh great...another one...
Steve is going to be the only different one [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Chalk another Ontarian with Borla's [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Good to hear you got them.... we need a video of ALL of us starting them up, not just me and Dan [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Borla: 1
Flowmaster: 0

nice vid !!!
Old 2/19/06, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Where can I get a set of Borla Stingers? I've done a search and can't seem to find anything.
Old 2/19/06, 02:34 PM

For $500 its more like Flows w/ OR pipe vs Borlas [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

now we need SLP and Borla side by side vid [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

This inspired me to go out in single digit temps and crank mine up---where can i post it? or can someone host it?
Old 2/19/06, 02:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

UUUGGGHHH! Just when I thought I had decided on Flowmasters I had to see this video! Great stuff! What is the model number for that set of Borlas?

Jon

Quick Reply: Borla Vs. Flowmasters