GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Borla Question

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/06, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also trying to find someone with a digi camcorder for some better vids.
Old 2/9/06, 02:55 PM
Bullitt Member

video = [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/beer.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok I took a fast one with the camera when I got home. Its just me reving...no one to hold it yet while I fly down the street [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I guess its pretty close to what it sounds like. I have not had a lot of time with this setup so I have mainly been in the car hearing it.

I am heading to dinner but if someone could PM how I can get yall to host it...or I can email it out. Its probably a large file....30 sec of vid on my 5 mp camera.

Just looked...its 17.8mb
Old 2/9/06, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the problems with videos is that they really don't capture the trumpeting (since it occurs under part throttle and in the mid-rpm range). Most vids are idle, revving or at WOT (or close to it).
Old 2/9/06, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 9, 2006, 5:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
One of the problems with videos is that they really don't capture the trumpeting (since it occurs under part throttle and in the mid-rpm range). Most vids are idle, revving or at WOT (or close to it).
[/b][/quote]

Exactly...this vid is just revs and it doesnt do what I think is the trumpting. I plan to get someone to help be as I drive past them.

I am back home socal and I got further to your site but still cant upload it. I have to be in IE not firefox...but when I use the log on info you provided it is a empty screen with just a test.txt icon....when I click on that its a blank page. Tried to get you on AIM to but your not on right now.

Also in looking at this vid more I may have had the camera to close. It seems muffled some...like the higher pitched sounds dont come through. Maybe it was too loud for the cameras mic to work properly. I plan to take more....

EDIT...DUHHH I just draged and droped the vid into that test.txt file Guess thats right...it says 11 min remaining [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ummm ok so the vid should be there...
Old 2/9/06, 07:20 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ February 9, 2006, 9:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Not bad at all man, i love it. Now all i need to hear is a vid with bassani o/r x and borlas.
thx big time!!!
Old 2/9/06, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ February 9, 2006, 9:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

?????

Where?????????????
Old 2/9/06, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

It should be on socal's site.....he needs to host it now [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 01:20 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 9, 2006, 5:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
not nesseceraly, the other day i was back out of my drive way and i rev the engine up to like 3k (where trumpet occurs) and rev it once more time one after the other and heard the trumpet sound.
Old 2/10/06, 05:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

It might have been under a load when you were moving. There is a different sound from them when you smash the gas while moving.

I may try to get another one this morning with the camera a little further away. I think the people on my street will love that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

O well im quiet 99% of the rest of the time...
Old 2/10/06, 07:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok I have a cold start up one and a rev one after warm up. Now I just need them hosted. I tried to do what I did last night but its not working anymore. I think Richard is still sleeping [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

These are with the camera a little further away....sounds more like it than my first attempt. The smoke coming out on the second is just because its the first revs after sitting overnight outside...it stops fast.

EDIT
I just found out where the vid is at [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] its on richards site SurfnSoCal.com look on the list to the left. I was wondering how that one guy saw it lol
Old 2/10/06, 09:10 AM
GT Member

EDIT
I just found out where the vid is at [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] its on richards site SurfnSoCal.com look on the list to the left. I was wondering how that one guy saw it lol
[/quote]

I found the website but can't find the video. Which tab is it under?
Old 2/10/06, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

On the left it says vids...click that and then you will see a list of links and stuff on the right. Go down to you see NOLAGT...click that and its the only vid in that file.
Old 2/10/06, 09:31 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ February 10, 2006, 10:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
On the left it says vids...click that and then you will see a list of links and stuff on the right. Go down to you see NOLAGT...click that and its the only vid in that file.
[/b][/quote]

NOLAGT - that thing sounds [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/censored.gif[/img] mean! I can't imagine what it sounds like in person. So no trumpets? Do your neighbors hate you?
Old 2/10/06, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

You have to remember some things tho...the trumpets cant be heard unless you under a load (driving) and I think this setup has them. I found a friend with a digi camcorder so I am going to get some vids of the car moving when I get a chance. I have not heard it from outside that much and the incabin sound is a little different from outside sound. Also that vid the sound isn't exactly right...I guess the camera was too close. I have 2 others that need to get hosted with the camera further away so the sound is better.

They have not said they hate me but im thinking at 7am me reving wasn't making them smile [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] I am never loud and I get along with all them so I am guessing they will forgive me.
Old 2/10/06, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am uploading the 2 other vids to google vid...ill post the link when im done [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ February 10, 2006, 1:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am uploading the 2 other vids to google vid...ill post the link when im done [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

ahhh man that takes forever. i have had 2 videos pending approval for 2 weeks now.

just catch me on msn messenger or aim and send them to me.

msn: atomic_il@hotmail.com
aim: atomic il
Old 2/10/06, 11:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ February 10, 2006, 10:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

what's wrong with the space I gave you on my webserver?
Old 2/10/06, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurfnSoCal @ February 10, 2006, 12:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
what's wrong with the space I gave you on my webserver?
[/b][/quote]

I tried to get back to it thismorning and it wouldnt let me upload again. Id rather do that because like it was said google is slow as I am just finding out. It could be days before the vid is approved.

Ill try your link again

Quick Reply: Borla Question