GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Better C&L or Steeda CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/05, 01:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 38special@April 26, 2005, 5:42 AM
My Phil Mickelson moment is over now.

I guess one can say you are right Vegasjay. But now what?
That's a very good question Mark. Here's how I see it. This is the greatest Mustang forum on the web (it even say's so on the home page ), why is that so? Simple, it is US and by us I mean Mustang enthusiast's, racer's, moder's all of us. We make this site what it is, this is the ONLY forum I have ever been a part of. I checked out other's but they seemed full of nit-witt's and jackhieny's concerned more with ripping on one another, than helping eachother out.... :bang: When I first checked out this site, (April 04) I saw that it was different. It seemed more like a family than a forum. That's why I joined, to learn, help and be a part of a Mustang family.

Now Jay may be an enthusiast or a racer, but he has chossen to be a business owner building HIPO part's for our car's. That's great but it should change his role on a site like our's. He is no longer a consumer but a supplier to US. If he wanted to establish himself here such as : Hey my name is Jay, I am building a CIA for your car's, it cost's X dollar's and gain's X amount of HP (not outrages claim's that still haven't materialized). If you need any help or Tech support give me a ring, Thank you for your time... That would have been fine. But NO he burst on OUR site like a bull in a china shop, thrashing through thread's in his quest for CIA domination.

This is what it sounded like on numerous thread's, (Jay's Post's): Don't you want more power.... Buy my pipe, Metal pipe's blow hot air...Buy my pipe, Your making good HP- want more...buy my pipe, I can't awnser your question's but....BUY MY PIPE, Vegasjay your a TOOL.... but BUY MY PIPE, BUY MY PIPE... BUY MY PIPE, Fix your CEL problem's at Home Depot....BUY MY PIPE, My CIA KILL'S all other CIA's... BUY MY PIPE.

Now I don't know about you guy's but I don't need that crap. I don't need the owner of a company jumping on my thread's, or other's thread's shoving Propeganda down my throat, save it for the business meeting's, press release's, and perhap's a web site devoted just to your stink'n pipe. Leave us alone!! We will decide if what you have is good, we will buy what we choose to buy.... This is an enthusiast site built by racer's and moder's not CEO's and Corprate America ( which like it or not Jay you now are a part of...). These are the thing's that ruin a site, and it's not going to happen on my watch, I have had enough of this and JLT, PERIOD ! Go run a company on your own site and leave this as a Enthusiast Site...

One more thing, when someone is having a problem other than a CIA where is Jay?? Probabley busy with his pipe and that's fine, but that is the problem. Jay is here for one reason and one reason only, to PROMOTE his PRODUCT...That is why the need for the change of role's for a business owner. Other company's seem to get it, they stay off this site, see a patern emerging yet Jay?
Old 4/26/05, 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please back up this mess with some links and quotes Vegas.

I never have said "buy my pipe" and I have all ways been there for questions and problems.
Forget it dude, I'm out.

If anyone needs to contact me feel free.
Jay
757 335 1940
Jay@jlttruecoldair.com
Old 4/26/05, 07:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Jay

Just got back from my Italian vaca (I was born to drive in Italy) & I see your getting some heat.

I have been an entrepreneur for almost 30 years in the automotive industry. I learned early on that you can't please everyone. I decided the best course of action was to treat everyone with honesty & integrity (two attributes missing in a lot of businesses today) & you can't go wrong.

The Internet is a great tool, but has its draw backs, especially when things get heated & misunderstood.

Anyway, I'm ready to update my "Poor Mans CAI" & want a tune. Will contact you by phone soon for all details.

Frank
Old 4/27/05, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@April 26, 2005, 8:20 PM
By the way stangnut- thanks for allowing us to be part of this forum. Some web sights dont like it when manufacturers get involved for fear of self promotion. We understand that and try to just answer the tech questions and advise of new products that we are manufacturing. If we ever cross the line, I hope you will advise us. We also like the input that all of you give us. I have spoken of this before. All of us at Street Scene are enthusiasts . I really enjoy the exchange that this sight offers. You have all been constructive in your comments- thanks- Mike
Just an example of what I'm talking about Jay. This is the correct attitude and approach from a manufacturer.You should take note's as it will help you avoid messes like you have made here...You might also want to READ post's as it is evident from your responses that you don't. Such as I'm fully aware that you alway's answer question's about YOUR pipe, what I said was you never help anyone with ANYTHING else, get it.
Old 4/27/05, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Tucker+April 26, 2005, 8:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucker @ April 26, 2005, 8:38 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Guys guys guys, let me explain without it being turned around as a "pot shot"
1st off, please ask the tech ?'s I seem to have missed. I don't remember avoiding any questions. If I don't know the answer I'll find it. I am a honest person and do not claim to be a super genious, maybe that is where I went wrong, but I will not claim or try to be something I am not.
Thanks
Jay
[/b]

No problem Here's the one I asked:

Originally posted by The Boss Hog@February 19, 2005, 5:29 PM
..., I'm still waiting for a reasonable explanation as to why your "15%" increase in airflow results in zero gain at 6000 rpm.
The Boss Hog

I stated it slightly differently in this post:

Originally posted by The Boss Hog@March 14, 2005, 11:30 AM
Jay,
..., I'm still waiting for a plausible, technical explanation of what physical process is taking place within your tube that results in a 22 rwtq gain at mid rpm yet zero gain at high rpm?
The Boss Hog

Just for reference, this is the original post and dyno chart I questioned:

<!--QuoteBegin-2k5pony
@February 18, 2005, 2:23 PM
... My tuner had me come out to his shop this morning to see the difference in numbers between my C&L CAI and a JLT with my mods. Needless to say what a difference. It has a slighter larger conical filter with a more mild bend coming off the throttle body. It actually flows about 15% better than my C&L did. As you can see my numbers jumped to 342 RWTQ at 310.1 RWHP.
[/quote]

No "pot shot" intended. You asked what technical question had not been answered and I provided you with the question.

The Boss Hog
Old 4/27/05, 01:39 PM
Cobra Member

Here Jay, I had to dig a little for this one as you deleted this proffesional comentary from your original post...

Originally posted by max2000jp+March 20, 2005, 8:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ March 20, 2005, 8:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tucker@March 20, 2005, 9:41 PM
And if you took the time to read all the posts here you would see I'm on top of the "small" issue. It has been fixed my simply tightening the screws different.
Not a big deal at all.

If you want to have a exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product match lets do it!

How much did you pay again for the heat sink??? :scratch: Almost $400 for the kit alone??? :bang:

Again the JLT made more power then the MMR and the C&L for $150 is painted, plastic, cooler and makes more power.
No contet.
Now go back to your C&L threads (WHERE I HAVE NOT POSTED) and act like adults.

NOTE: I am NOT making this a JLT vs C&L thread. It's these 2 tools who want to pull me down to there level.

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to there level and beat your with experiance!!!
Honestly, you look pretty stupid yourself. A little word of advice for you, just ignore people instead of addressing them. You obviously know that certain people have a bias and you probably cannot change that. Just let it be. The bickering makes YOU and YOUR COMPANY look unprofessional.

As for intakes, my opinion is that no matter which one you get, they are going to make very similar power. I have seen these types of intakes on other cars and the power difference is basically within the statisitical margin of error. Every intake system I have seen for the 05 Stang is basically the same in design. All of them provide great gains to the end user. Basically, it comes down to price and brand preference in the end.
[/b][/quote]

Is it a good business practice to put down competitor's, and use name calling? Do they teach that in business school?
Old 4/27/05, 02:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Tucker+March 4, 2005, 7:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucker @ March 4, 2005, 7:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-The Boss Hog@March 3, 2005, 7:58 AM
(not bad for an old guy with a metal pipe blowing hot air . . . . . . . . . )
Not bad at all, but do you want to go faster?
I think I can help.
Jay
C&L CAI + Diablosport Predator/Tune $749.00 :scratch: WOW.
Let me know.
[/b][/quote]
Here is an example of inappropriate "thread invasion", self promoting your product while again ******* someone for what they paid for a competetor's system.
Old 4/27/05, 02:39 PM

Jay's and the C&L both produce great numbers!
Old 4/27/05, 02:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MrDrezzUp@April 27, 2005, 2:42 PM
That's not the issue...It is how Jay conduct's himself on our forum that is under question.

BTW: Welcome to the board's.
Old 4/27/05, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess now I can quit wondering what I was going to do for entertainment for the next few days . . . .
Old 4/27/05, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by Vegasjay+April 27, 2005, 1:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ April 27, 2005, 1:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MrDrezzUp@April 27, 2005, 2:42 PM
That's not the issue...It is how Jay conduct's himself on our forum that is under question.

BTW: Welcome to the board's.
[/b][/quote]

Thank's Vegasjay! BTW your car is pimp! It is great to see someone taking the plunge with aftermarket products head on with their own car!

I have been following this message forum multiple times a day for months! Lurking I guess?! lol

In defense of Jay when his product was released on SVTPerformance for the 03-04 Cobra the same sort of turmoil started but after the smoke had cleared all was well and his product was very respected.

I am just grateful we have companies like C&L and Jay releasing great products and forums such as this one for discussing the virtues of both!
Old 4/27/05, 05:05 PM

Can anyone find any dyno charts for the JLT. I can't find any. I just want to see what type of HP is rated at. STD or SAE.
Old 4/30/05, 11:56 PM
V6 Member

Sheesh - and all I wanted was some deals by the way vegas: WOOT WOOT!