GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BBR cams installed, dynoed, and videos. FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/06, 10:59 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inVERTed
ej....

what was the cost for parts?
labor?
tune time?

thanks----i am interested, but if its 4-5K, i'd rather S/C
Your not going to spend 4-5K on a cam swap. Think along the lines of 1200 give or take for the cams, 1000 for the install, and price of the tune all depends on how much time they are willing to spend on your ride or how much money is in your wallet.

These are all ballpark figures on the high end of the spectrum. I would be suprised if someone pays more than 3K for everything needed including tuning.
Old 8/11/06, 11:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah, S197GT is right on.... well under $1000 in labor for the install. it is about 8 hours or so if you have the right tools to do the springs without pulling the heads. the tuning takes a LOT of time.... I am talking hours and hours on the dyno. I got a deal on the tuning because they learned how to tune VVT on my car. but these are no replacement for a blower.... they are actually blower cams... designed to compliment a blower.
Old 8/12/06, 12:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rock on , sounds great man! My favorite part is the end of the 2nd video...

Glub, glub, glub, glub, glub...
"asoid#4gh&w!et" (unintelligible words...)
"What?"
"eury#7%tjko!h&" (more unintelligible words...)
"Just shut it off..."

Old 5/8/07, 02:59 PM
Cobra Member

The video was awesome. Green onions was the first song I heard on the radio of my stang when i got it, and i was sure i had died and gone to heaven. I thought I had gotten the cams off my mind after not being impressed with the idle, or power gains from the comp cams, and BBR had red marks in my book from the railing they got on the forums. I talked to chris from BBR on the phone yesterday, and I am now reconsidering the cam idea as I am after the lumpy idle also, as well as some power gains. I am all about going with companies that treat their customers right!
Old 5/8/07, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Faber
The video was awesome. Green onions was the first song I heard on the radio of my stang when i got it, and i was sure i had died and gone to heaven. I thought I had gotten the cams off my mind after not being impressed with the idle, or power gains from the comp cams, and BBR had red marks in my book from the railing they got on the forums. I talked to chris from BBR on the phone yesterday, and I am now reconsidering the cam idea as I am after the lumpy idle also, as well as some power gains. I am all about going with companies that treat their customers right!
I've never had anything but great service from Chris of BBR, But I don't have their cams. Very nice person to deal with. BBR was a small company,but is getting bigger every year,Congrats Chris!
Old 5/8/07, 04:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by emperorjordan
yeah, S197GT is right on.... well under $1000 in labor for the install. it is about 8 hours or so if you have the right tools to do the springs without pulling the heads. the tuning takes a LOT of time.... I am talking hours and hours on the dyno. I got a deal on the tuning because they learned how to tune VVT on my car. but these are no replacement for a blower.... they are actually blower cams... designed to compliment a blower.
I paid $1000 for the stage III cam kit from Brenspeed, and $1000 for labor.

John
Old 6/8/07, 10:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jwgroovin
I paid $1000 for the stage III cam kit from Brenspeed, and $1000 for labor.

John

Ouch! I have friends with very nice garages who drive VR4's and EVO's but are eager to learn about american muscle... paying to install something sucks .
Old 6/8/07, 10:19 PM
GT Member

Holy interweb problems Batman!

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

Old 6/10/07, 11:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

i put down WAY more then that without opening the motor. BBR is a joke. how are you gonna feel when your lumpy sounding ride gets smoked by one with stock internals lol