GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BBK T62mm TB????

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/07, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Again, I have nothing against JDM personally nor over his credibility as a tuner ? However I do have the DVD and heard from his own mouth claim the C&L street intake had a 90mm MAF and then on 2 other occassions mention it was 95mm.. but your right..they couldn't had picked a worse narrorator than that editior lol. and I'm certain that he contributed to most of those inaccurate claims to begin with..

Yea I don't understand exactly what was going on during the filming. Alot of cutting and splicing I think to make it come out right. Still didn't succeed.
Old 1/14/07, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by thump_rrr
The clutch didn't add any HP but I was just posting what performance mods were on the car.
I'm not sure if there are or aren't any gains with the aluminum flywheel since the engine has a lot less mass to spin.
The 4.10's probably hurt the numbers as well since others claim a loss of HP with 4.10's.

Dyno Vid
Yea, I think the clutch and flywheel probably evened out the loss on the gear ratio. Again, those are some good numbers. I know what I can expect for the car we've been doing for RubberEater. I hope we can put down those numbers, we'll see!
Old 1/16/07, 01:09 AM
V6 Member

Muscle Mustang tested the TB and there intake a while back and it made good power. They said the TB made 12ish peak hp alone and the intake was around the same. Together they made 28 peak hp. This was on a stock car with the factory tune. BBK say these two part are to be used with no tune what so ever.

We had a customer with a 05 put a C&L and a Diablo on his car with the BBK TB. It wouldnt run with the tune the tuner came with but it ideled and ran fine with the stock tune. So we called Diablo and they said it was because the TB was junk and we shouldnt use it. When it told him it didnt do it with the tune in it he had no answer. The Diablo tune and the intake lean the car out so much that with the added air flow the throttle body adds makes it go into a limp mode. To fix this we just added more fuel to their tune and the car runs great. We even have a TB spacer on it as well. Ill get Shawn on here so he can tell you for himself but they can be used with each other and it makes great power.