GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bassani exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/04, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Anyone install a Bassani exhaust on their '05 yet? If so where did you get it done and how do you like it?
Old 12/8/04, 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

I've got the Bassani x-pipe and mufflers installed. Sound better then anything i've heard on here from clips of new exhaust setups. They are a little pricier then the Magnapacks, but you hear and feel the difference! They are low, mean, and throaty. Great lope to them sounds like you've added a street cam. Had a local speed shp put them in for me and i paid 899 plus tax for the x-pie and the muffler set up....wish I had a way to get a sound clip of them up, but it's just make all the Magnapack owners irritated so I guess it's better that I don't.....no knock on the Magna stuff.....it sounds much beter then the factory exhaust, but doesn't compareto the Bassani's in my book.....Maybe Bryan (2005RedGt) will have a way to get a clip of the sound when we meet up on the 18th for our SCT tune together.....
Old 12/8/04, 04:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

I had a couple of PM's asking me about the Bassani's since i posted this. My best idea of how to explain the sound is that if I pulled up behind you in my car you would probably expect to turn around and see a '60's big block muscle car idling behind you, then an '05 Stang with a 4.6 and aftermarket mufflers. The sound is simply amazing and changes the entire personality of the Stang.......
Old 12/8/04, 04:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

should read "NOT an '05 Mustang with a 4.6 with aftermarket mufflers".
Old 12/8/04, 05:59 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmmmm, kinda wish I knew that before I got my magnapaks.. Oh well I am sure I will like them anyway.
Old 12/8/04, 06:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

i'm sure you will bro.....my shop just does mostly Bassani stuff so they talked me into my set with the x-pipe, and I am very pleased so far....everyone has their own preference and I just wanted everyone to know that the Bassani stuff is great if you are considering an aftermarket exhaust setup....it would seem that the Magnapack catback must be really good as wel,l as it seems nearly everyone on here has chosen those....anything beats the factory mufflers which were WAY too tame.....
Old 12/8/04, 06:19 PM
V6 Member

i had bassani's on my 91 347, and i agree they sound great
Old 12/9/04, 06:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by swingle007@December 8, 2004, 7:19 PM
i'm sure you will bro.....my shop just does mostly Bassani stuff so they talked me into my set with the x-pipe, and I am very pleased so far....everyone has their own preference and I just wanted everyone to know that the Bassani stuff is great if you are considering an aftermarket exhaust setup....it would seem that the Magnapack catback must be really good as wel,l as it seems nearly everyone on here has chosen those....anything beats the factory mufflers which were WAY too tame.....
i have been thinking about going w/ bassani as well. i have been checking in on their site and saw that your set-up was available. i'm going to mod my car very slowly, but that was deffinatly the first thing i was considering. i was also watching bassani.com for the entire x-pipe system with cats, but wasn't sure if i even needed to wait for that?

are there any advanages to getting their cats, or is it just thowing out a LOT more money than necessary?

i was also looking at the different options they had available, but i wasn't sure what the difference was:

like what is the difference between the two mufflers (304 & 409)? and what is the difference between just teh x-pipe (to stock cats) and the composite x-pipe?

i just want to make sure i know what i'm getting before i order it. i wish you had a sound clip too man, but i take your word that it sounds uber rowdy.

btw swingle007, i notice you're out in h-town too. just wondering what part of town you're in and who you used as your exhast shop?
    Old 12/9/04, 07:20 AM
    Team Mustang Source

I used Slater's Mustangs....they are just outside of Humble in Atascocita. I'm in Kingwood off the 59 feeder a few minutes outside Humble. If ya wanna come out and hear the system just let me know...Send me a pvt. msg and we can arrange it whenever you'd like....good luck with your Bassani's!!!
    Old 12/9/04, 09:00 AM
    GT Member

Houston here as well, and I have heard nothing but great stuff about Slater's, even though I have not had a chance to get any work done by them yet. Still waiting on tweeter to finish my custom stereo install, after that its exhaust time

Is the Borla system out yet by chance, it had the deepest growl of any of the 99-04 setups I heard and I was wondering how the Bassani compared. Also I heard x-pipe was not as deep or throaty as h-pipe, any idea of this is true?

Oh, I also have heard some great things about PSI motorsports on Hwy 3 in Clear Lake, if Humble is too far of a drive.
    Old 12/9/04, 09:13 AM
    Team Mustang Source

Why are more of you Houston owners not a part of Mustang Club of Houston? Need to get all you joined up as I'm the only one in the club with an '05 right now.....club's sweet and our xmas party is coming up on the 19th....gonna be a blast! PM me if ya want some info....
    Old 12/9/04, 09:34 AM
    Former Vendor

Just to help clear things up a bit:

4605-5: Axle-back mufflers made of high-grade 304 stainless steel, 4" slash-cut, polished tips with rolled edges and integrated resonators inside tips.

BX4605-5: Axle-back mufflers made of lower-grade 409 stainless steel, 4" slash-cut polished tips, no rolled edges or resonators

X-pipes - the currently available X-pipes require that the factory H-pipe be cut just behind the cats. The Bassani X-pipe is then bolted to the cats. This makes it 50-state emissions legal since it does not affect the factory cats or any other emissions equipment.

4605-X: X-pipe made of stainless steel (304 I believe)

BX4605-X: X-pipe made of aluminized steel

Bassani will soon be shipping their catalytic X-pipes. The stainless X-pipe will feature Bassani's metal cats while the BX X-pipe will use the traditional ceramic cats.

Hope this helps to clear the fog.

If anyone would like a quote on a Bassani exhaust system for their Mustang, please email me at info@ninosport.com.

Thanks,
    -Nino
    Old 12/9/04, 11:54 PM
    Team Mustang Source

I just had the Bassani 4605-5's installed tonight. I like them much better than the Magnapacks I heard on a black GT last week. It might be the sound altering my perception but I'd swear I can feel the power increase. Will post a sound clip as soon as I can record one. Should be able to this weekend. Next week - Steeda lowering springs and maybe control arm relocate and then Bassani X-pipe with high-flow CATS soon after!
    Old 12/10/04, 11:21 AM
    Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Ninosport@December 9, 2004, 10:37 AM
    Just to help clear things up a bit:

4605-5: Axle-back mufflers made of high-grade 304 stainless steel, 4" slash-cut, polished tips with rolled edges and integrated resonators inside tips.

BX4605-5: Axle-back mufflers made of lower-grade 409 stainless steel, 4" slash-cut polished tips, no rolled edges or resonators

X-pipes - the currently available X-pipes require that the factory H-pipe be cut just behind the cats. The Bassani X-pipe is then bolted to the cats. This makes it 50-state emissions legal since it does not affect the factory cats or any other emissions equipment.

4605-X: X-pipe made of stainless steel (304 I believe)

BX4605-X: X-pipe made of aluminized steel

Bassani will soon be shipping their catalytic X-pipes. The stainless X-pipe will feature Bassani's metal cats while the BX X-pipe will use the traditional ceramic cats.

Hope this helps to clear the fog.

If anyone would like a quote on a Bassani exhaust system for their Mustang, please email me at info@ninosport.com.

Thanks,
    -Nino
    well it sounds like the 4605-5 is the way to go. as far as the muffler. and the 4605-X as far as the actual pipe.

although, now that i've seen you talk about it, i'm wondering if waiting for the pipe with the bassani cats on it would be worth the wait. any ideas on what kind of price to expect on getthing the entire cat-back package from them when it's available? nino, have you heard from them when it is going to be available? all their website says is coming soon.

thanks for all the help. it's greatly appreciate.

Old 12/10/04, 04:53 PM
    Former Vendor

Originally posted by ZERO@December 10, 2004, 12:24 PM
    well it sounds like the 4605-5 is the way to go. as far as the muffler. and the 4605-X as far as the actual pipe.

although, now that i've seen you talk about it, i'm wondering if waiting for the pipe with the bassani cats on it would be worth the wait. any ideas on what kind of price to expect on getthing the entire cat-back package from them when it's available? nino, have you heard from them when it is going to be available? all their website says is coming soon.

thanks for all the help. it's greatly appreciate.

It shouldn't be too much longer... perhaps 1-2 weeks. Here's a teaser.

-Nino
    Old 12/10/04, 09:43 PM
    Bullitt Member

Man i bet the complete bassani system would sound unbelieveable!! I can't wait to hear a clip of a new gt with any of the components. I'm not really much for the magnaflow systems... They do have a nice sound, however they aren't loud enough to do it for me. I prefer the crackle of bassani or the deep roar of flowmasters/mac's.
    Old 12/10/04, 09:51 PM
    Bullitt Member

oh man that pic is torture.I can't wait till the holidays are over and I can spend some $$$ on me.
    Old 12/11/04, 01:39 AM
    Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
    anyone found any sound clips, I can't wait...
    Old 12/11/04, 05:27 PM
    Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by WBstangGT@December 11, 2004, 1:42 AM
    anyone found any sound clips, I can't wait...
    Here's one I just made...

Bassani Exhaust.wmv
    Old 12/11/04, 05:49 PM
    Team Mustang Source

Sounds like my Bassani's...I think mine might be a tad lower and louder...You have the x-pipe also? The Bassani's sound SO much better then anything else i'd heard, so we bought them in a snap....Glad you were able to get a video up on them so others will know I was being honest....they are SWEEEEEET!

Quick Reply: Bassani exhaust