GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bad Experience with local MD shop on KB SC

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/06, 02:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bad Experience with local MD shop on KB SC

As many of you know I've been looking to get a SC for some time now. I thought a local shop was going to work a deal with me. Today I realized that was a pipe dream and wasted time. Here is my story I posted at Modular Fords where they advertise.

Well here is my story. I was in the market to purchase a SC back in the beginning of April. I wanted it in time for the show season, most importantly Carlisle since that’s a big one for me. I called KB and they recommended a shop that just happens to be a sponsor of the site in Maryland. Well I talked with the owner and he said that he had bought out the shop from the original owner who just moved down to FL (I’m sure right that right there will clue some of you in to who I’m talking about). He wanted to do a S197 to get into the magazines that was a daily driver. Since mine fit the bill he was interested in working a deal with me. Well I took a day off of work to go see him because he is an hour away and I’d never make it after work. Come to find out the day I go he isn’t in and won’t be back for a few days. So I’m like ok I guess something happened I’ll call back next week. I did and finally set something up for Good Friday since I was off. I took my car down there and talked with the owner. He seemed really excited to work on the car, took some pictures of it, and was going to work with KB to see what he can do.

Well week after week went by with no solid information. Would pretty much never get a return call and was very hard to get a hold of him. Even with his personal number he gave me. I understand from talking to others, car shop owners tend to be bad about the customer service side of business. The excuses he gave me went from KB wasn’t calling me back to I’m working with the old owner. However, I was told each time I’m exited to do this and I hope to have something soon. Well about three weeks ago I find out that the old owner is putting a KB on this new 06 GT but we still might be able to get a deal. I called today to see what was going on and was told he can do $5500 for an ic blower and $1500 for the labor and install.

Needless to say I was mad but just said I’ll call you back. Here I’ve waited months to get a blower when I could have already had one. I thought I was entering a mutually beneficial agreement and decided to wait. I really wanted to have one in for Carlisle, heck I even had Hau Thai-Tang there looking at my car and being taped so it would have been awesome exposure for the shop. Needless to say I’m not sure what to do about this. I know this shop has done good work for people in the past but the current business practices sucks. I had planned on letting him use the car for any event or shows he wanted to take it too, or for any mags that wanted to put it in. All the guy had to do is say he wasn’t interested anymore. To drag me on for months and then offer me basically no discount compared to other good shops is a joke. I want to warn others that they might not be getting what they expected under the old ownership.
Old 6/6/06, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bpmurr
As many of you know I've been looking to get a SC for some time now. I thought a local shop was going to work a deal with me. Today I realized that was a pipe dream and wasted time. Here is my story I posted at Modular Fords where they advertise.
Shop in Crofton, right?
Old 6/6/06, 04:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jwgroovin
Shop in Crofton, right?
Well to let the car out of the bag it was Horsepower by Herman. I was told Herman had a good rep for his work with 5.0 and Cobra Mustangs. Well James that owns it now isn't living up to the rep. As I put in my Modular Fords post, I don't know Herman but he might want to think twice about having his name associated still
Old 6/6/06, 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bpmurr
Well to let the car out of the bag it was Horsepower by Herman. I was told Herman had a good rep for his work with 5.0 and Cobra Mustangs. Well James that owns it now isn't living up to the rep. As I put in my Modular Fords post, I don't know Herman but he might want to think twice about having his name associated still
That's what I thought. When we lived in Crofton, H by H was a heck of a shop, and we were all sorry to see him fly south permanently. Everyone was surprised both the shop stayed open AND the name on the shop after he exited. I'm certain he wouldn't be happy with poor customer service.

Have you ever posted on racersden.net? Lots of folks there are from AACounty and thereabouts, and have a pretty lively crew that haunts the shop recommendation forum. It might be worth a post there and see what folks have to say, but be prepared for some pretty...well, I did say "lively"...responses.

John
Old 6/6/06, 04:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'll have to check the site out. I'd love to hear what people have to see pre and post Herman.