GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

B&M's new Autoshifter with Pictures..

Search this Thread

Old 11/26/06, 11:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by subzero05
oh god here we go again with you guys purely looking at the flyer photo that Doug scanned and posted...So, you ask is the bezel polished?..Yes! and anodized to MATCH the interior of the car..Specifically the steering wheel and the IUP if you have it. Can the stick itself be a big bigger around?.. No, because it would rub on the channel. Oh well, so much for pleasing everyone.
The fact you preceive some of the responses to the photo of the shifter as negative is a little thin skinned! Because the sad fact is ascetic value does come into play, in the development of most interior automotive products! if pure function was the only factor Ford might sell the Mustang with out an interior! no front passenger seat, remove all door panels no backseat carpet or headliner it would lighten the car and make it faster! but quit a bit harder to sell to most people! I think even B&M'S marketing would like their product to appeal to the widest market! available not the smallest!
Old 11/26/06, 12:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you are correct. Of course we want to make it appealing asthetic wise, but as you well know it is impossible to please everyone and considering what the constraints of the console and factory shifter would allow us to make, I factored in as many ideas as I could. Now, if you guys would like me to put a few different ***** on the shifter and snap a few pics to post I will be happy to do that. I mean realistically, nobody other than us has stepped up to the plate to even try to build a unit like this. Both Saleen and Roush have expressed their interest in our shifter. The unit matches the color of the interior, its functionality is great, the consumer can change ***** to his or her liking to customize it for THEM, it will have a front channel for guys who want to run a line lock, nitrous or other 12V accessory and have it clean looking and then there is the fun factor. All of these are incorporated into this unit. I am really not sure how much more BLING you want asthetically wise without it looking gaudy in the car?
Old 11/26/06, 12:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Zig-Zag
No, I realise that. But on the stock shifter, there is a access panel covering a mechanism that allow the driver to use the key to override the interlock, should the need arise. I don't see a way to do that on B&M's shifter, so I assume it's either been overlooked, or deleted. If this function is specific to the stock shifter, then no worries, but if it's something to do with the tranny, then I have to wonder if removing it is a good idea? I've never had to use it (knock on wood), but it's there, and Ford wouldn't have gone to the trouble and expense of installing it if it wasn't indicated.

oh, ok..Yes, that is specific to the stock shifter. Sorry, I didn't understand the original question
Old 11/26/06, 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Guys, there has been a thread on this ("guaging interest in an auto shifter") in the GT Performance forum for months now, and we have all hashed out the design requirements and desireables since then! It's done - if you like it, buy it! If you don't, get over it and move on!

But either way, quit *****ing about it!
Old 11/26/06, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

oh, ok..Yes, that is specific to the stock shifter. Sorry, I didn't understand the original question
<burns>Exxxxcellent!</burns>
Old 11/26/06, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Zig-Zag
No, I realise that. But on the stock shifter, there is a access panel covering a mechanism that allow the driver to use the key to override the interlock, should the need arise. I don't see a way to do that on B&M's shifter, so I assume it's either been overlooked, or deleted. If this function is specific to the stock shifter, then no worries, but if it's something to do with the tranny, then I have to wonder if removing it is a good idea? I've never had to use it (knock on wood), but it's there, and Ford wouldn't have gone to the trouble and expense of installing it if it wasn't indicated.
So thats what that little slot is on the shifter plate....
Old 11/26/06, 10:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

I propose a solution to all this shifter non-sense

Trade up for a 5 Speed
Old 11/26/06, 10:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwBOOST

Trade up for a 5 Speed
Or get a chevy and get a 6 speed, and a boost in power (manual OR auto, right?)
Old 11/26/06, 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Corvette Z06

for the win.
Old 11/27/06, 02:03 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwBOOST

Trade up for a 5 Speed
Why would you trade a 5 speed for a 5 speed?
Old 12/1/06, 02:54 PM

Is there an ETA on this shifter to the shops? i would like to see one in person.
Old 12/1/06, 07:25 PM
Cobra Member

It will be after the first of the year before we start shipping these. I have requested our engineering guys to put a few different ***** on the shifter and snap some various pics for you guys to see..I will post them once the guys send them over to me
Old 12/1/06, 08:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

maybe bring in one of the worker's son/daughter who is into photography or something, or a college studend or photographer, don't want to scare off folks with 'iffy' pictures, some folks seem to be making their decisions based upon these pictures :-)

Either way, I'm in, it's what I want :-)
Old 12/2/06, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Chris, your engineering guys are working too hard as it is. I used to be a professional product photographer - why don't you send me the shifter and ***** and I'll shoot you some pics of it in my car!
Old 12/2/06, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks Guys for the "tremendous" offers.. =)
I'm pretty sure I can find a couple marketing photographers in our building though....=)
Old 12/2/06, 10:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you pm a ballpark price.. so I can figure out which one of my kids I need to sell !! thanks..
Old 12/2/06, 11:31 AM
FR500 Member

I think you'll be able to just "rent them out" for awhile for the price of this, I mean it isn't a supercharger or anything

Old 12/2/06, 12:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I hope to offer them in the low $300's, somewhere around $320. I just need to call and talk it over with them.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 12/2/06, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Guys for the "tremendous" offers.. =)
I'm pretty sure I can find a couple marketing photographers in our building though....=)

Well, OK, if you want to do it that way, I guess it's your call. Just trying to help out a brother Ponyrider.

Jeez, I crack myself up......
Old 12/2/06, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Doug904
I hope to offer them in the low $300's, somewhere around $320. I just need to call and talk it over with them.

Thanks, Doug.

WHEN, **** YOU MAN, WHEN???

Sorry, it's been one of those days.........

Quick Reply: B&M's new Autoshifter with Pictures..