GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Axle back exhaust systems questions?

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/07, 10:07 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
I gotta say the GTA's! We love them!!!!!

However... a great customer of ours just dropped off a set of Baer brakes to be installed on his 06. Completely stock back to the axles, with SLP loudmouths. Sounds the best I've ever heard on any S197 so far. Now with an intermediate, or LT's it may need cats to keep its' low growl, but I really love them! I mean this car sounds like what every mustang needs to sound like!

CR
+1 on the SLPs...I love that sound!
Old 5/2/07, 10:58 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installed the GTA's over the weekend. I was suprised how light they were compared to stock and absolutely loved the look of the tips, they fit the rear cutout perfectly. As for the sound, it is exactly what I was looking for, nice low rumble at idle, no drone, but then open it up at these things sing.
Old 5/2/07, 03:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 329VistaBlue
Mike, Do you know how much heavier the Corsa's are because I was under the impression they were two pounds lighter than the stock ones!
Honestly...no I don't. I just know that they about the same, if not heavier.

But, Corsa's customer service is EXCELLENT, and they should be able to provide you with the specifics.

BTW, the Corsa tips look AWESOME too.
Attached Thumbnails Axle back exhaust systems questions?-frame-2.jpg   Axle back exhaust systems questions?-frame.jpg  
Old 5/2/07, 04:18 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Let me share my unbiased opinion . http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...CIAL033&link=1
Old 5/3/07, 02:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

My Flowmasters Drone just a bit at around 80 mph. But, they sound great from stoplight to stoplight! They Sound like the old V-8 Muscle did in the 70's
Old 5/6/07, 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Indystang
My Flowmasters Drone just a bit at around 80 mph. But, they sound great from stoplight to stoplight! They Sound like the old V-8 Muscle did in the 70's
I see this thrown around a lot, and yet, after hearing dozens of modded S197s in life and on video, and the same for about every brand of old musclecar (and in turn exhaust)...

The only thing I've ever heard on an S197 that really, truely sounds like an old musclecar is EmperorJordan's GT with Loudmouths and BRR Stage II cams.
Old 5/7/07, 11:18 AM
V6 Member

Are the FRPP GTA's, Borla Stinger's and Steeda's all the same? If so, anybody found the best price?
Old 5/7/07, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by QuikStang
Are the FRPP GTA's, Borla Stinger's and Steeda's all the same? If so, anybody found the best price?
As far as I know, the FRPPs and Stingers are the same, and so are the Steedas, or at leasy very similar.
Old 5/7/07, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by QuikStang
The FRPP 5230-GTA is NOT the same as the Borla Stingers. The FRPP 5230-GT is the one that's the same as Borla Stinger and Steeda. All three are made by Borla. The GTAs are the same as the Supreme GTs which are made by Maremont and are used on the Shelby GT.
Old 5/7/07, 09:24 PM
Cobra Member

I did a lot of research on this before buying my FRPP/ Borla Stingers, the general consensus is the Corsas = no drone while Stingers = drone. The Stinger drone is worse on verts than on coupes. I really didn't want drone, but I could not accept the stubby tailpipes on the Corsas. From certain angles you can see the tip is only a few inches long before it tapers to a smaller pipe. That was the one and only reason I didn't get them. The Stingers do have drone, but they look really nice and sound fantastic outside of the car. The drone is really only bothersome around 60 mph in 5th gear (with 3.55's). It really bothered me at first, but now it's just part of the car's personality I think the Stingers and the Loudmouths are the only options available where you don't see the mufflers hanging down in back (the LMs don't have mufflers and the Stingers sit higher behind the fascia). Personally I like not seeing the mufflers, it looks cleaner in back.
Old 5/8/07, 07:03 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Every_Mn
As far as I know, the FRPPs and Stingers are the same, and so are the Steedas, or at leasy very similar.
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
The FRPP 5230-GTA is NOT the same as the Borla Stingers. The FRPP 5230-GT is the one that's the same as Borla Stinger and Steeda. All three are made by Borla. The GTAs are the same as the Supreme GTs which are made by Maremont and are used on the Shelby GT.
Thanks for the info guys!!!