GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anyone heard of these guys?

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/05, 08:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This looks very interesting... No proprietary devices...Can use your laptop..Hopefully the tune files are in some kind of readable format.. And wouldn't it be great if they wrote an import program for XTR files!! (I'm not holding my breath as the files look like a binary file. I'm not sure if it uses an encryption technique either) I'm going to call these guys tomorrow and find out what this is all about.

http://www.snipertuning.com/

BTW, I put it in here because it is a perf mod applying to both v6 and gt...
Old 9/8/05, 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

link doesn't work for me
Old 9/8/05, 08:25 PM
GT Member

gattguy,

try again... I copied and pasted the url in and it got fubar-ed... Should work now...
Old 9/8/05, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

hmm... looks interesting. But I've never heard of it
Old 9/8/05, 08:58 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Never heard of them either. I tend to stay away from 'new' things until they're proven... but that said, I did just order the WMS intake. Let us know what you find out.

Oh, and don't worry about the thread placement, I'm sure it'll get moved for you. Since you have a v6, it'll probably get moved into v6 tech/perf. I think they're trying to segregate things as much as possible. ...Oh but wait, they're testing a GT in the photo?

Old 9/9/05, 04:45 AM
Bullitt Member

I have seen some advertisements for it in some of the Mustang magazines here lately. Can't say that I have seen anybody mention that they had used one though.

I am going to use a SCT Tuner on my 2006 GT, just as soon as the BBK CAI and Throttle Body come out later this month. I had talked to a few people about the tuners, including the place I am going for my dyno's and the technician I am going to have tune my car, and just about everyone says the SCT is the best choice for the new Mustangs. From what they tell me, you have more control with the SCT.

Hopefully there won't be too much delay in getting the BBK parts so that I can find out just how good the SCT really is.
Old 9/9/05, 05:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

"[...]As you probably already figured out, these type of improvements will be found in our Spartan hand-held programmer and Scout software. Stay tuned for further updates"

Looks like you have to buy their tuner.
Old 9/9/05, 06:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@September 8, 2005, 9:01 PM
Never heard of them either. I tend to stay away from 'new' things until they're proven... but that said, I did just order the WMS intake. Let us know what you find out.

Oh, and don't worry about the thread placement, I'm sure it'll get moved for you. Since you have a v6, it'll probably get moved into v6 tech/perf. I think they're trying to segregate things as much as possible. ...Oh but wait, they're testing a GT in the photo?

John,
Your avitar!!