GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

any new street race victories over other makers?

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/04, 03:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all....trying to get some stories from My '05 Mustang brethren on who they've been able to outrun on the road so far in their new rides....i posted this in another section and thought we needed a street race story topic so we could all feel the glory of the quick '05s together! HAHA........Well, I blew a '04 GTO right off the road the other day...no contest at all...arrogant kid about 21 or so giving me the bird to my right in the slow lane....turns out that's where he belonged as i got him off the line and was first to triple digits on the speedo.....sissy backed off while i got up over 135 to put some good space between us....they're no match for a modified '05 Ford juggernaut.....haha.....Go Mustang! I threw on some AC/DC after the win and jammed to Back in Black all the way home....haha I wanna hear what you guys have done against Trans Ams, GTO's, etc......post your victories!
Old 12/7/04, 03:22 PM
Cobra R Member

I raced an 04 GTO today in the misting rain of Fairfax County Virginia. He kept up with me the whole way but never broke out of my blind spot. They have some get up and go. But I could tell that he was working harder than me, as I could hear his motor over mine. After trying to get by me over two light intervals he gave up and turned off.

I test drove one of these GTOs last May and was not impressed with the tires that they put on these cars. I wonder if my BFG Gforce KDWS's had any impact on this little race?

My respect for the GTO has improved a little though because he kept up with me.

Afterwards, I listened to some Eric Clapton as I pondered what had just happened.

A mile up the road I witnessed a fender bender where a car turned into another that was in his blind spot, so that is a little reminder to be carefull out there.
Old 12/7/04, 03:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nice to hear yet another member who refused to let a higher priced and higher horsepower Ponntiac be his "daddy". Who else has taken care of business against other models?
Old 12/7/04, 05:20 PM
Cobra Member

I expected to be terrorizing camaro's and ricers and I've put a couple away (any that have challenged ) One was a late modle Z-28, one Trans-Am Ram air , and a Nissan 350Z. But out here in Vegas it's the 99-04 Mustangs that are on me like fly's on poo!! I've had close to a dozen challenges some more agressive than others. I've taken them all down, but one was close. It was pretty heavily moded from the sound of his engine though. The bad part is the crapiest "racing attitudes" have been from fellow Stangers!! It seems that most of them need to sign up for a street racing "etiquette" class! :bang: I can appreciate all Mustangs, I guess some may be a little jealous and or mad??
Old 12/7/04, 05:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

HAHA That's cool....maybe us 5th generation stangers are just a little slower getting our love while others check our new rides....They'll come around at some point for sure...we're all Stang people inside! :-)
Old 12/8/04, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I have a funny one. I had a late model Pontiac Grand Prix that thought he was tough.........

Let's just say that I made this guy look like he was riding a pink little girl's tricycle. Wasn't even a contest. I didn't even have to shift hard. I almost felt bad. I have no idea what he was thinking.

Then a few miles up the road he has the nerve to come up next to me again while we were cruising at about 40 mph and dance out in front me like he was fast. I crept up to him, downshifted to 2nd and dropped the hammer. Needless to say I sqauked the tires litteraly jumped off the road and left him in the dust once again.

Didn't see him after that.

Another punk bites the dust......
Old 12/8/04, 08:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Stories like that just warm my heart this time of year.....heehee C'mon guys, anybody else dropped the hammer on some poor innocent Chevy or Pontiac owner and shocked them to death? Let's hear it!!!!!