GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Another Bamachip Convert!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/06, 11:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ttbit
Reading about these tuners on this board makes it a very tough decision. I spoke with someone over at BrenSpeed and it was pretty obvious they knew what they were doing. When I told them I had some experience tuning, they didn't talk down to me and spoke in tech terms.

I spoke with Doug, and I really still don't understand how you can lose HP when gaining torque in a "tune" but he was very nice also and you cannot dismiss all his happy customers. I really don't know how this guy found the time to call me back when he did, and he responded to my emails. I have no doubt that his customer service is A++. He then told me about his Christmas special, so I ordered. Really a toss up. I am considering comparing the Bama tunes on a dyno next week to compare. My order may be here as early as Tuesday. I ordered the JLT/Tuner combo!

If I am not happy, I'll blame Steel...
LOL... You will not be disappointed
Old 12/23/06, 02:14 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,796 Posts
I'll second that, you definitely will not be disapointed with Doug's tunes nor with brenspeed's..and the beauty of having a custom X-Cal tuner is you can download both Doug and Brent's tunes this way you have the best of both worlds with a nice little variety of tunes to select from..for ie I have Doug's 93 Torque tune as tune # 1 and then will have Doug's 93 Race tune as tune # 2 and then will get Brent's 89 performance tune as tune #3 and who says that you can't have your cake and eat it too ?
Old 12/23/06, 02:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I'll second that, you definitely will not be disapointed with Doug's tunes nor with brenspeed's..and the beauty of having a custom X-Cal tuner is you can download both Doug and Brent's tunes this way you have the best of both worlds with a nice little variety of tunes to select from..for ie I have Doug's 93 Torque tune as tune # 1 and then will have Doug's 93 Race tune as tune # 2 and then will get Brent's 89 performance tune as tune #3 and who says that you can't have your cake and eat it too ?
People from Pittsburgh know what they're talking about... well I don't, but Rocky does... lol.
Old 12/23/06, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
People from Pittsburgh know what they're talking about... well I don't, but Rocky does... lol.
Don't let Pat fool you..He knows what he's talking about lol. but thanks for the compliment anyhow Pat
Old 12/23/06, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Reading about these tuners on this board makes it a very tough decision. I spoke with someone over at BrenSpeed and it was pretty obvious they knew what they were doing. When I told them I had some experience tuning, they didn't talk down to me and spoke in tech terms.

I spoke with Doug, and I really still don't understand how you can lose HP when gaining torque in a "tune" but he was very nice also and you cannot dismiss all his happy customers. I really don't know how this guy found the time to call me back when he did, and he responded to my emails. I have no doubt that his customer service is A++. He then told me about his Christmas special, so I ordered. Really a toss up. I am considering comparing the Bama tunes on a dyno next week to compare. My order may be here as early as Tuesday. I ordered the JLT/Tuner combo!

I have both Bama and Bren tunes. While they seem to be equal in terms of power and engine performance, if you own an automatic I would strongly recommend Doug. He does some magical things with the auto transmission.

Tim
Old 12/23/06, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by tdbrown75
I have both Bama and Bren tunes. While they seem to be equal in terms of power and engine performance, if you own an automatic I would strongly recommend Doug. He does some magical things with the auto transmission.

Tim
And what if you own a manual ? would you still recommend him or doesn't he seem to possess enough expertise when it comes to manual transmissions ??
Old 12/23/06, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Double Post.
Old 12/23/06, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

And what if you own a manual ? would you still recommend him
As I do not have first hand experience with a manual and both vendors’ tunes, I can’t really answer that. Other then the changes Doug includes for the Automatic, I noticed little difference between the tunes. They both run great and really open the car up. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

Tim
Old 12/23/06, 09:59 PM

Seems like we need to get some feedback from those who have manual transmissions that have used both Bamachip and Brenspeed tunes
Old 12/24/06, 02:14 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

ttbit, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the top CAI's or Brent or Doug tuning your car! either way its money well spent!
Old 12/27/06, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
For a six-squel, I enjoyed it as well .
OK I give up, you guys win.. if you enjoyed it that much ? then I'll consider going to see it..
Old 12/28/06, 08:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Sounds good Pat even just a little more pep in throttle response helps, now I'll have to try it, that is as soon as I get the 93 Race tune from Doug lol.
Well, I went back to 87 and there is a difference. You'd never notice it unless you were "in-tuned" with the vehicle, but by switching back and forth, you can definitley fill a difference. The 87 is still strong, however, the 93 is just a tad stronger- barely noticable. What is noticable is the pedal is touchy... throttle more responsive. I will probably go back to 93 race w/empty and stay there

Rocky, I hope that you got that tuning issue resolved
Old 12/29/06, 12:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

..for ie I have Doug's 93 Torque tune as tune # 1 and then will have Doug's 93 Race tune as tune # 2 and then will get Brent's 89 performance tune as tune #3 and who says that you can't have your cake and eat it too ?
Seems like we need to get some feedback from those who have manual transmissions that have used both Bamachip and Brenspeed tunes
Brent wasn't willing to give me the tunes via email after I bought the XC2 from him. So I ended up overwriting them with Dougs. I like Dougs tunes better in my Manual. But I heard later after I switched that Brent changed his tunes for the '06 manuals. So...some help I am, right? I'd be willing to give Brent's another try, but he has to be willing to email them to me.
Old 12/29/06, 04:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And what if you own a manual ? would you still recommend him or doesn't he seem to possess enough expertise when it comes to manual transmissions ??
the reason why he does wonders with the automatic is because his mustang is an automatic and if it does not work for his car he will not give it to others, but either trans he does wonders, i know with a manual it depends on the driver too, the tunes help the car but only the driver can tell if it makes a difference, with the auto since the car does the shifting for you you feel the difference right away
Old 12/30/06, 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Basically - if you have a manual, the only place you'll feel a difference is in the engine, and you do notice a big difference with all three tunes. If you have an auto, you have that much more change/fun out of the tune, since it also alters the automatic shifting. Though with the added torque/power, I've noticed it makes shifting the manual a tad easier.
Old 12/31/06, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzyStang05
Brent wasn't willing to give me the tunes via email after I bought the XC2 from him. So I ended up overwriting them with Dougs. I like Dougs tunes better in my Manual. But I heard later after I switched that Brent changed his tunes for the '06 manuals. So...some help I am, right? I'd be willing to give Brent's another try, but he has to be willing to email them to me.
Have you checked out Brent's website lately ??? As soon as you click on the 05-07 Mustang GT link ? you'll notice 1 SCT custom e-mail tune for $75.00 or click onto the custom tuning, programmers and computer chips link ? you'll then notice 3 SCT custom e-mail tunes for $125.00