GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

And the American Racing Headers Group Madness / H-Pipe Preorder Begins!

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/07 | 01:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JGT
For those of you with the CATTED H-pipe and header ARH combo...How is the ground clearance? Any problems with speed bumps or curbs?

I've got a number of speed bumps to go over everytime I park at my place, would hate to get these installed only to find I can't reach my parking spot....
Clearance isn't an issue at all! I was actually driving through a local Ford dealer's lot, to see what aftermarket wheels they installed on one of their GT's, and I had to go over a large speed bump. I eased over VERY slowly, not knowing if I would have any issues....NOPE!!! They are perfect.
Old 5/15/07 | 04:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by enitalp
Ok a quick note for next group buy : include a camera in the deal so peharps we could hope to have something to see/hear.

;p
If no one beats me to it...tomorrow I am taking my car to Paul @ SVP for my header install...I will take some video when I pick up Friday. I have quite a few things being installed, so it will take a couple of days.

I have FRPP/Stingers, and I can't wait. I had the Pypes o/r H, and like the sound alot. But it is just not a set of headers.

Mine will be the 1-3/4 LT, catless, with H pipe.
Old 5/15/07 | 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the lowered poly motor mounts and my headers (1 3/4) do hang lower than the frame at the primary-to-collector area and I have scraped speed bumps with them. I also run a 275-35-18 front tire and have 1" lower springs so there is not much clearance anyways. I had the catted X and just switched to the ORH. Never scraped a cat! Just be easy over the bumps.
Originally Posted by JGT
For those of you with the CATTED H-pipe and header ARH combo...How is the ground clearance? Any problems with speed bumps or curbs?

I've got a number of speed bumps to go over everytime I park at my place, would hate to get these installed only to find I can't reach my parking spot....
Old 5/15/07 | 07:19 PM
JGT
V6 Member

05fortgt, you have the exact combo that I will have if I decide to go with the ARH + catted H-pipe combo (already have the Stingers).

How would you say the sound has changed since the header install? I have never been happy with the exhaust, like a lot of people, I feel like having the mufflers at the rear gives it a crappier sound than some of the older Mustangs. Has the header install helped out at all with that? Does it really make it sound more bad ***? Or is it just more of the same sound, just louder?
Old 5/16/07 | 06:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JGT
05fortgt, you have the exact combo that I will have if I decide to go with the ARH + catted H-pipe combo (already have the Stingers).

How would you say the sound has changed since the header install? I have never been happy with the exhaust, like a lot of people, I feel like having the mufflers at the rear gives it a crappier sound than some of the older Mustangs. Has the header install helped out at all with that? Does it really make it sound more bad ***? Or is it just more of the same sound, just louder?
I have always liked the sound of the Stingers. Now, with the L/T's, the startup is MUCH deeper, and so it idle. Reminds you of an old-school muscle car (thats how my friends have described it). To answer your other question, the headers make the car sound good front to back now, not just in the back of the car, like with only mufflers. And yes, the car sounds real BAD A$$ (just ask MaverickMLFD. He called me while I was driving. He heard me give it some gas, and asked "is that your car? Holy ****!!" It that bad a$$). Believe me, its NOT the same sound but louder. Its a WHOLE new sound!!! Plus the seat of pants after 4,000 rpms, WOW!!! I could give you a call if you like, while driving it, and you could hear it through your phone, if you like? . PM me if your interested.
Old 5/16/07 | 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

This makes for good motivation to get my install done sooner than later!!!
Old 5/16/07 | 08:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Lowe!
This makes for good motivation to get my install done sooner than later!!!
Its great motivation, especially if you hear these things before you start. The only thing, your neighbors will hate your car now, but who cares!
Old 5/16/07 | 10:30 AM
Former Vendor

I have to get new sound clips... the ones that we got from Jeffs car were done inside the garage, and sound like a bomb going off. You really cant tell how the car sounds. We have another install happening this weekend so I'm going to try and get sound clips from that, but there will probably already be sound clips on here by then.

As far as dyno results... with the right intake and 93 octane, a custom tune should put you at 290 with cats, and maybe 295 without cats on a mustang dyno which isn't inertia. An X pipe will only get you another 1-2RWHP at best. From comparing results out there.

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 5/16/07 | 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

CR, now the 290-295 is just the LT and a tune or is that factoring in a CAI as well? What do you think the numbers on a Dynojet would be?
Old 5/16/07 | 11:11 AM
Former Vendor

Factoring in a good CAI such as the racer. With the airaid intake we were lucky to make 255 with 91 intake running hot. Cold the car probably makes an extra 25. That 95mm racer intake's going to make a HUGE increase.

Dynojet numbers are going to be real high.... almost 330.

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 5/16/07 | 11:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

ahh.. cool thanks for clarifiy.. hey we are all set up for next Tuesday right?
Old 5/16/07 | 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
As far as dyno results... with the right intake and 93 octane, a custom tune should put you at 290 with cats, and maybe 295 without cats on a mustang dyno which isn't inertia. An X pipe will only get you another 1-2RWHP at best. From comparing results out there.

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
I'm starting to think Dyno #s are only good for before and after comparisons on the same dyno, with the same car. I mean, I made 287 rwhp on a mustang dyno with ONLY a C&L Racer CAI and 93 oct tune. I'm fairly certain I'll exceed 290 with the LT headers and high flow cats. Along w/ the UDPs and CMCV DPs I will have installed, I'm hoping for more like 325rwhp when I go back to the same dyno shop as before.
Old 5/16/07 | 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

that's about what I hope to have as well.. I have the JLT II, 4-10's, LT headers w/x-pipe and FRPP GTA's. I am having Timman speed install the UDP's and CMDP's next week.
Old 5/16/07 | 01:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lowe!
I'm starting to think Dyno #s are only good for before and after comparisons on the same dyno, with the same car. I mean, I made 287 rwhp on a mustang dyno with ONLY a C&L Racer CAI and 93 oct tune. I'm fairly certain I'll exceed 290 with the LT headers and high flow cats. Along w/ the UDPs and CMCV DPs I will have installed, I'm hoping for more like 325rwhp when I go back to the same dyno shop as before.
Absolutely. Those numbers are certain... but when the vehicle is blazing hot after 10 runs or so thats when you get your real numbers.

The car that we had that will run 293-294 with 93 octane was assuming the car was still at full temperature. If it was tuned properly, and then run cold.... the first few runs would easily show 315, without CMCV's mind you.

You're going to net another 8-12 horses with the CMCV's.

We were running the car in a shop roughly 94 degrees and 100 above sea level.

CR
Old 5/16/07 | 02:25 PM

Is there any loss of low end torque with these?
Old 5/16/07 | 03:10 PM
Former Vendor

It all depends. You lose a little torque with the uncatted versions, or larger primaries (1 3/4"). Once you supercharge, put cams in, or nitrous it brings it back to life. The minimal torque loss compensates with the horsepower gains.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 5/24/07 | 04:49 PM
Cobra Member

Count Me IN!!!!!
Old 5/25/07 | 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Where are the sound clips?!?!
Old 5/25/07 | 06:48 PM
Former Vendor

They're all over... not from us... theres like 3 different video and sound threads... one with magnaflow, I think there was a GTA too? They're all in this forum.

CR
Old 5/28/07 | 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

So you're not going to post any anymore?

Quick Reply: And the American Racing Headers Group Madness / H-Pipe Preorder Begins!